• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Blood-C BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I would like to say this:

For those who are saying, "OMG IT'S TOO GORY!!!" D:

....The name of the show is "Blood." Like... LITERALLY.

This is like going to see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and getting utterly and thoroughly offended when Leatherface massacres people with a chainsaw.

I mean... The title KINDA tells you what you're in for. Confused
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
shamisen the great wrote:

For those who've seen it, is the movie any better? (The Blood-C movie, not the original.)
No way. It's pretty terrible.

It tries to shoehorn some lame adults vs teenagers crap that really dosen't belong and really goes nowhere.

It has new character's that don't add anything other then merchandise oprtunities.

Main villain is changed from being menacing asshole to eccentric ANIME villain who's motivation's for everything are dumb dumb dumb.

Most importantly though, it's not the "Saya is out for revenge" action fest t should have been. It's not even gory, which was the best part of
the show. Hell the final battle might as well be 5 secs long.
Good to know, thank you.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

This is like going to see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and getting utterly and thoroughly offended when Leatherface massacres people with a chainsaw.

There's a rather stark difference between the level of violence at the end of this show and in the other Blood shows or almost anything else in anime. The show get's absurdly gratuitous in it's violence. Being bloody is one thing. Plenty of shows are bloody. Most shows are not..... this.

This is more the equivalent of going to see Die Hard (... the R-rated ones) and then getting Hostel or one of the shows you mentioned.
Araki

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote
I think this series is one of those every anime fan should watch. Not that it is great or anything (i gave it a 7.5), but regardless, it's gonna make you think...something, so it's far from being a waste of your time.

What i find funny is that spoiler["Cabin in the Woods"] has a similar concept and people seem to love that movie...maybe it's because of the name behind it.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
Araki wrote:

What i find funny is that spoiler["Cabin in the Woods"] has a similar concept and people seem to love that movie...maybe it's because of the name behind it.

Or execution matters. The complains I've seen about this show have had little to do with the twist itself.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Uh, no it doesn't. Maybe if the show had been called "Extremely Boring Guro Splatterfest" you might have had a point. But as it is, your logic is not sound.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Uh, no it doesn't. Maybe if the show had been called "Extremely Boring Guro Splatterfest" you might have had a point. But as it is, your logic is not sound.

pretty much this, I've watched every single blood vampire series from clamp and wasn't expecting this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:44 am Reply with quote
I don't really mind violence in anime (I liked Deadman Wonderland), but the violence in Blood-C was really over the top at times. And the last episode was just ridiculous. I was a bit annoyed when I found out that I was watching a censored version of that episode at the time, but that feeling immediately disappeared when found an uncensored one afterwards. I couldn't even finish it. It was that bad.

I'd rather just forget that Blood-C exists and try to remember Blood+ instead.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I would like to say this:

For those who are saying, "OMG IT'S TOO GORY!!!" D:

I'm afraid that title =/= content. So no, that is incorrect.

Ortensia1980 wrote:
I'd rather just forget that Blood-C exists and try to remember Blood+ instead.

I've already put its existence out of my mind at this point.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
oh yes, this show.

Yikes.

Just...yikes
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
It seems anything that they try to make after the original movie has been nothing but a dog's dinner and that includes the mangas as well. I just can't believe that no one can write a proper canon prequel, or sequel from the information that was so there in the original movie to explain and expand that story. I just can't see why it has been so hard to do that. Rolling Eyes
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Oh please...this is it? This is really it? This is what makes everyone sick?

Hah hah...this is nothing. Seriously. This isn't sickening at all, really, it's kind of tame, to be honest, in my eyes.

It doesn't even show any organs, or anything, the characters are more like fleshy sacks of blood. Now if one of the monsters had done something like disembowel someone and choke them to death with their own intestines...yeah, that would have been kinda sickening. I guess. It still wouldn't be vomit-inducing or anything.

I kind of wish we had more anime willing to go bloody like this. But seriously...that was underwhelming. I'm a fan of ultra-violence, though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
yeah well, we aren't all like you.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I kind of wish we had more anime willing to go bloody like this. But seriously...that was underwhelming. I'm a fan of ultra-violence, though.
Can you supply a list of your top anime gore fests, that make Blood-C look like a spinoff of K-on please? Wink
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I guess, but seriously...that was pretty weak-sauce violence.

MAYBE, MAYBE, if the monsters had done something like...I dunno, rip out a dude's spinal cord and gore him to death on it, THEN maybe I could see someone getting sick over it. But that violence was just plain weak.

Seriously, almost no organs. Almost none. People have organs, Blood-C. If someone gets ripped to pieces I expect to see their heart, kidneys, lungs, intestines, and all that other shit to just slowly fall out of the gaping hole in their body.

Quote:
Can you supply a list of your top anime gore fests, that make Blood-C look like a spinoff of K-on please?

I don't really go to anime for gore. But after games like Mad World...forgive for thinking this is a little passe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7