• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xbox One Will Not Launch in Japan in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor viper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I don't know why anyone would trust Microsoft's hardware now when the Xbox 360 was a piece of fragile crap.

As much making fun of the Xbox one as there's been lately, there's been surprisingly little mention of the red ring of death. For example, what will the indicator be for catastrophic hardware failure this time around?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 am Reply with quote
victor viper wrote:

As much making fun of the Xbox one as there's been lately, there's been surprisingly little mention of the red ring of death. For example, what will the indicator be for catastrophic hardware failure this time around?

Given how heavily venting the Xbox One is, and the size of the heatsink and fan, I think Microsoft is taking the "Better safe than sorry" route this time for the first version.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
SoraChanShadow wrote:
Not surprised at all.

At japan not getting the system or more than half the world not getting it?

No console has ever launched in anything resembling half of the world. Funny that people are acting like this is MS being dumb when it's how every console in the history of mankind has launched.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quote
It's true no hardware or console launch has global coverage, but they are skipping the entirety of Asia for an unknown amount of time. That is a huge market.

They do not have the games yet (they said they are working on it), nor the TV content, as they are also trying to sell this as a media hub. In addition, due to Microsoft's idiotically onerous requirements--for everyone, the consumer, the publisher, the retailer--they need to setup local systems in each country to license the sellers.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:27 am Reply with quote
But the 360 sold poorly and Japan and hasn't had big sales figures in the rest of Asia, it makes sense that it's not a priority location to Microsoft.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quote
This makes me wonder, are the Japanese games like FF15 and KH3 coming to XBONE only in NA or in Japan too. I honestly see no point for these games to even come out on XBONE, but I guess thats SE trying to make more people exposed to them in NA (since im sure the sales in Japan are almost guaranteed)
nargun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
But the 360 sold poorly and Japan and hasn't had big sales figures in the rest of Asia, it makes sense that it's not a priority location to Microsoft.

You get earnings growth by selling to people you're not selling to, no?
sarroush

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
It's ok, Japan. You aren't missing out on much anyways.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:

You get earnings growth by selling to people you're not selling to, no?

You don't get earning by flushing money down the toilet either. They went all out in Japan for the 360 and it got them barely a million units. That's two failings in a row. How many failing do you need before you can call it a wrap?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2