• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Brothers Conflict (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I dont think Iori has done anything yet
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ortensia1980 wrote:
But since we've only got three more episodes left, it's only a matter of time before he does something highly inappropriate.

The series writes itself, doesn't it. Very Happy

It really does. Hopefully the remaining guys don't end up ganging up on her so they can all declare their undying love for her together.

Masaomi hasn't done anything yet either, but because of the ending of this last episode he'll probably be the next one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

How could she spoiler[forget Juli]? It just puts spoiler[the youngest] up a bit, he my number two favourite pairing, because spoiler[hopefully it will never happen].

What kind of messed up monks do that? Also looks like someone might need to be fixed, and as a hint it is not the squirrel, although they might be some form of rodent.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
Reading this thread makes me feel so happy that I dropped this so early on. Amnesia taught me a valuable lesson: A show that starts with a blank spineless protagonist in the midst of a bunch of abusive and harrassing relationships will stay so until the end. So much that the annoying talking mascot will end up the most likeable character.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
it's rather unfortunate that the anime stripped her of a personalty. While she-who-must-not-be-named of Amnesia is the same in both the game and anime, Ema apparently is a much better character in the dating sim
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
Why is the Buddhist monk eating a cross in the endcard?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Why is the Buddhist monk eating a cross in the endcard?

It is symbolism that means he wants to eat where the cross marks the spot, that is the treasure, that means that I am thinking way to dirty and should stop now. Or you could say he hates it so much that he is going to eat it and absorb its power.

Probably because they expect the audience to associate him with religion in general, regardless of what he is. I saw a video a while that said in general the Japanese actually use three different religions for different parts of their lives: Shintoism for coming of age, Christian for marriage, and Buddhism for funeral. Although they are separate, certain aspects cam blend together.

A cross is also a lot sexier than beads, unless you count those other kind, and I should really stop thinking like this.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
Family vacation + summer festival.
That certainly liven things up.
Interesting episode!
Chi finally came to realize a few things about her brothers' feelings.
So far, it looks like she's becoming more aware of her surroundings.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

She was told that they have been improving because of her, but then she tried saying that she did not do anything. She shouldn't be so hard on herself, after all she...... what did she do?

So far she graced them all with her presence which made them all instantly fall in love with her. She took on what must be her role in cooking meals not, not all of them though, the lawyer who is often in a continues dreamy look and wears an apron cooks other times. And most importantly of all she went to a basketball game and played some video games, well she beta tested games which is probably the most genuinely interesting thing she has done. She has also received haircuts and been sexually harassed by half of them.

I am getting mean at this point, and I look forward to finally being done.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Looks like all the emotions are getting to Chi.
Her aspoiler[cademics] are starting to suffer.
At least the brothers' gave her maximum support for the university exam.
So finally a brothers conflict was clearly shown..
It's kinda disappointing that there weren't more conflicts considering the title of the anime.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Maximum support? Oh, yeah, multiple declarations of love from your brothers and several deadlines really helps one focus on studying!

And nothing says "Pick me!" like spoiler[a display of domestic violence.] Smile

I was confused by the last bit though. spoiler[I thought he was already in the pros. Why did he say he was going to go practice to get in?]
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
So we got our first real brothers conflict. And it wasn't even a very good one.spoiler[ At least Subaru has decided to leave her alone for now.]

DuskyPredator wrote:
She was told that they have been improving because of her, but then she tried saying that she did not do anything. She shouldn't be so hard on herself, after all she...... what did she do?

She's a woman and she's there. That's pretty much it. It is simply mind boggling how someone as bland as Ema manages to inspire all of those guys to be better people.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Chi: "I love you as a brother."

Brother: "Then I will kiss you in a very unbrotherly way. I am sure that won't feel weird to you and rob you of your decision of deciding whether you have such contact with someone or not."

I paraphrased with the second one.

What should I rate this series? On one hand I am totally not the target audience, but on the other I find the show being unfriendly to its target audience. You have a bunch of guys who cross so much boundaries you would think they were taking advantage of a disabled girl. First off note that the heroine lacked much personality, although she did gain some with her supposed interest in games although it was not as strong as you would hope as she is very passive, although better than a certain girl suffering from amnesia.

Other characters, well I did not really care for any of them, Juli earns the best support, although I don't think we were meant to agree that Chii obviously needs protecting from guys. I realised listening to the hairdresser was incredibly painful. Why are almost all of them having glazed over eyes when they talk to her, and talk like idiots.

Choosing choice..... and I rate it Weak. It was bad, but I raise it slightly above not recommending, but wishing I did something else. I would say it is slightly better than that tarot one, which was better than Amnesia, but Amnesia felt more entertaining for some reason, probably in the so bad it is good thing that I felt a bit in this. I cringed, I found the song catchy (I probably should not sing it around my actual sister), and it got a little emotion out of me instead of being really indifferent, although possibly not the right emotions.

She wondered who turned the TV off, I think anyone who cares would have done that.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
She wondered who turned the TV off

That's probably the mystery on which they'll hang a second season.

Or maybe half of them left home to become rapey vampires and Diabolik Lovers is the second season.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
It was a fitting ending I guess? It was such a chore to get through this at times and I still ended up rating it as decent (which puts it slightly above Amnesia). I just don't know anymore. The pretty boys confused me.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
She wondered who turned the TV off

That's probably the mystery on which they'll hang a second season.

Or maybe half of them left home to become rapey vampires and Diabolik Lovers is the second season.

So that's where Iori was going. He's going to be a rapey vampire that leaves flowers in front of women's doorsteps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4