• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - The Triumphant Return

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Dirrrty Pop doesn't replace Perishable Items-- it simply gives a place for titles that don't really fit into the rest of the column, like Vermilion Pleasure Night.

I was under the impression it was a something for guilty pleasure DVDs or ones that really depended on what you were looking for.
bravejaf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow the write-up on Duchess of Busty Mounds was great. Those 2 quotes are freaking awesome.

Joe Ferrone
KnB Anime: http://www.nakachu.net/forum
rocklobster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I misas your tastes like sections. They were quite amusing. Please bring them back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CrazyCanuck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So, can Bamboo or anyone else verify if these inserts are in the boxed set release or not? Because if they are, I might just reconsider my stance on buying the series.

I can confirm my box had inserts for disks one and two. I am not sure there was ever an insert in disk three.
biliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
CrazyCanuck wrote:
Quote:
So, can Bamboo or anyone else verify if these inserts are in the boxed set release or not? Because if they are, I might just reconsider my stance on buying the series.

I can confirm my box had inserts for disks one and two. I am not sure there was ever an insert in disk three.

I believe you are correct. I just checked my Genshiken DVDs and there were linear notes in Volumes 1 & 2, but Vol. #3 only had the Media Blasters catelog inside; no linear notes to be found. Crying or Very sad
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
You know, one of those lines from "Dutchess of Busty Mounds" sure sounds like a "quote" from the late, great Eric "Easy E" Wright. Cool

Anywho, welcome back Bamboo. Your column has been sorely missed.

As for the hentai reviews, I actually look forward to them as they tend to be (IMO) the most entertaining part to the column whereas the rest tends to be more informative. (Not that this is a bad thing)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Actually, this may be the last of the hentai reviews. I'm not entirely sure if they have a place on ANN, so I'm still up in the air on it.

The language was a little racy for the hentai review-- that too may change in the future. I kind of just want to see what the response to it will be, and I'll judge things from there.

I don't mind the language it wasn't all that bad, I laugh at a couple of different things, it's good to see shelf life. I don't mind the Hentai (I dont' like in reality) titles being review as long as there is anything worse then the cover.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Actually, this may be the last of the hentai reviews. I'm not entirely sure if they have a place on ANN, so I'm still up in the air on it.

I think that with the current environment (anime in the mainstream media) hentai reviews would prob not give you a good rep and may be counterproductive.

Strawberry Marshmallow does have character development thru the series with a touching ending imo.

I'm still miffed that Karas was done as 2 movies for its Region 1 release and not as a 6 ep. OVA like its original release. I think that it was better that way.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

I know that most of the users here love to read your hentai reviews, Bamboo, but I won't mind if you discontinue them. Since ANN doesn't list the hentai releases on the Releases section anyway, I don't see why you need to review them. There's plenty of bad anime out there that can fill the void the hentai will leave. Wink
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Sounds fair to me. From what I've seen, it's only comic relief and never really useful to people who might actually buy this stuff. Then again, I suppose that's intentional?
aorta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

I'm still miffed that Karas was done as 2 movies for its Region 1 release and not as a 6 ep. OVA like its original release. I think that it was better that way.

Notice that each volume in Japan only has 1 episode. The last 3 episodes have not been released in Japan and there is some doubt as to if the last episodes have even been made.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
joel_s95387 wrote:

Not to be a buzz-kill, but weren´t the words used in the column a little adult-ish? I know it´s a hentai title, but those quotes even made me feel dirty.

The language was a little racy for the hentai review-- that too may change in the future. I kind of just want to see what the response to it will be, and I'll judge things from there.

So now ANN is getting "Sanitized for our own protection..."?, what's next, eliminating the hentai entries from the encyclopedia, heck hentai fans are anime fans too

Good thing we still got AoD...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2