• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamisama Kiss/Kamisama Hajimemashita Manga Gets 2nd Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I haven't seen the OVA, so I don't know what new characters were introduced, but I wonder if we're going to get as far as the Nanami / Yukiji / Akura-Ou storyline (manga spoiler) spoiler[where Nanami travels to the past to save Tomoe.] A lot happens between then and when the first anime leaves off, so it seems unlikely unless if they cut away some arcs in between, but I think that would be a great way to end the 2nd season.

While I'm not 100% sure if this means it may go the way you've mentioned...apparently, the character that appears near the end of the OVA is spoiler[Kirihito "Akura-ou" Mori]. I assume it may be, but I don't know what other storylines this character may have been involved in before the storyline you mention.

I may end up getting into the manga for this. Will have to see if I can afford to add another series to what has become a healthily growing list. Laughing
asckj1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
This is FANTASTIC!!!!! Anime exclamation

Bought all 15 vols of this manga and read and I can say, there definitely much to look forward to in the second season as well Very Happy It gets even better :3

Can't wait!! Very Happy
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I was getting bored of the anime towards the end but then I did hear the 2nd half of the manga is even stronger so maybe I will check it out.
Sigynn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! I am super excited~
I bought the anime set because I just love the series that much. I have not read the manga, I know I need to hehe

Any idea when this will be released?
Majikza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I watch subtitled shows sometimes, but when I've watched the whole thing in English I like to watch the rest dubbed if possible.

Its been 5 months since the article. Whats the best way to keep track of when something gets picked up by Funimation etc..

I didn't realize there was an OVA I'd love to watch the OVA dubbed and the second season, but if its not at all likely to get done soon I guess I could watch it with subs.

Its sorta disappointing that Funimation doesn't have the OVA subbed since they seem to be simulcasting the subs for Episode 14 and onward.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm ecstatic that Season 2 of Kamisama Kiss is on the way. Perhaps I ought to get to reading the manga of it sometime...
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:09 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I'm ecstatic that Season 2 of Kamisama Kiss is on the way. Perhaps I ought to get to reading the manga of it sometime...

It's no longer "on the way." The second season is streaming at Funimation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3