• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Streams 'Final' Japanese Trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
So hyped. Just like the first remix game, I'm importing this from Japan. Birth By Sleep is my favorite Kingdom Hearts game by far and Kingdom Hearts 2 is a great second favorite. I will have so much fun exploring all of the changes from the original in the Final Mix version, since that was the only version I never owned for BBS (I own the Japanese and English versions of BBS).
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:48 am Reply with quote
Hearing Passion hit me right in the nostalgiahood.

Damn Disney for not paying her more(just one problem out of a few).
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:12 am Reply with quote
I think I reached my point of not caring anymore. It's hard to keep me hyped about a game that still has another 3 months before it's released here. Especially when I already played them years ago. Those trailers are redundant.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
So hyped. Just like the first remix game, I'm importing this from Japan.

Why?

1-It's precisely two months apart between Japanese and local releases.
2-You'll end up paying $50 more...
3-...for a version which you don't even understand.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
I honestly lost all interest in the kingdom hearts games years ago so I honestly don't understand the point of remaking the older games, what I want to know is this if square enix has the time and money to remake these kingdom hearts games then why the hell won't they remake final fantasy seven like everyone else wants
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
I honestly lost all interest in the kingdom hearts games years ago so I honestly don't understand the point of remaking the older games, what I want to know is this if square enix has the time and money to remake these kingdom hearts games then why the hell won't they remake final fantasy seven like everyone else wants

They're generating hype for Kingdom Hearts 3.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:

Its funny because everything you mentioned in your post has been explained by Square Enix.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
MagusGuardian wrote:

Its funny because everything you mentioned in your post has been explained by Square Enix.

Except they only glossed over why they're not remaking FFVII, ie., why they're not turning the Minecraft People into the cool virtual photorealistic characters of FFXIII... Rolling Eyes
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
So hyped. Just like the first remix game, I'm importing this from Japan.

Why?

Release dates are irrelevant. For all you know, OP might want the Japanese version to experience the game in its original form. That's the exact same reason I imported the Japanese version of Space Channel 5 for my Dreamcast. And let's remember this is an anime website. A lot of us watch material we "don't even understand" when we watch subs. Why is it strange now? Also, how do you know he/she isn't fluent in Japanese?

MagusGuardian wrote:

The point in rereleasing the Kingdom Hearts series is to refresh everyone's memories on the storyline since Kingdom Hearts III is in production. These remix compilations also benefit fans who probably missed out on some of the games that were released on various platforms. In regards to Final Fantasy, that franchise has gotten more than enough attention. It can't be Square's focus all the time. In fact, Kingdom Hearts II came out nearly a decade ago and production on the sequel kept getting postponed in favor of side stories and new FF content. You may not like KH, but a lot of people do. Maybe you could try being more considerate of that fanbase.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
rainbowrabbit wrote:
The point in rereleasing the Kingdom Hearts series is to refresh everyone's memories on the storyline since Kingdom Hearts III is in production. These remix compilations also benefit fans who probably missed out on some of the games that were released on various platforms.

Like the PS2, for instance.
Not all gamers have that classic old backward-compatible 60G Fat to play the originals on, and they don't look as good as the new (and needed) HD upgrades anyway.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
rainbowrabbit wrote:
Also, how do you know he/she isn't fluent in Japanese?

Because out of the 793,829 users on this site, precisely 793,825 don't speak/read/understand Japanese. "Wapanese" doesn't even remotely count, and if you don't believe the statistics, put them to the test. If someone uses google translate, I'll know.

There is literally zero sense in playing a role-playing-game if you don't understand the language. If you can't make out what they're saying, or what reads in that one menu over yonder, then all you're doing is mashing buttons and staring at pretty colors. You might as well drop acid - at least that would be a meaningfully life-changing experience. And then there's Donald and Goofy's Japanese voices... Or, as I like to call them, a critical occipital artery hemorrhaging event.

You say that you want to experience them in "their original states." Last I checked, Disney is by-large an American company. And Kingdom Hearts is, yup, a Disney franchise with characters that originated...yep, from properties right here.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
rainbowrabbit wrote:
I think I reached my point of not caring anymore. It's hard to keep me hyped about a game that still has another 3 months before it's released here. Especially when I already played them years ago. Those trailers are redundant.

Well you're lucky you got to play them. Some fans may not have been able to get all the games which I'm sure you already know. I'm mostly thinking about the fans that never got to experience playing a FM game. That's why I'm SUPER excited about it~ I get to finally play the Final Mixes AND we get BBS on a console that's not handheld!? Count me in for the hype!

Granted I see why you aren't as excited as some. It feels different for us because there's still so much time left to go, but in Japan they only have one month left until they get this game. But still, 3 months fly by. It doesn't feel like an eternity that's for sure.
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
Why?

1) I wouldn't care if the Japanese version was released two months or more after the English version. I have had a desire to play KHII in Japanese since I never got to play it back when I didn't import region-locked systems/games.
2) ...Sadly, I know this already. About $80 or so, actually. I'm ready to make the sacrifice! But I might wait a month or so to cushion my finances, too. I might not, but it would probably be for the better if I did.
3) As others have suggested, I am quite a bit more fluent in the language than you assumed. If you don't believe me, it's not really my obligation to prove it, but I'm willing to do so if it means you'll stop and think about your approach next time. No one likes to be labeled something based on ignorant assumptions. Not you. Not me. If you want to follow up to this, just PM me. I'll respectfully oblige. No hard feelings, I promise.
Jonny Manz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:23 am Reply with quote
Man, so excited about this! Still have the pre-order paper sitting on my desk, ready to pick it up when it releases on the 2nd of December! Kingdom Hearts 2 always has been my favorite KH game, and I can't wait to play against the data Organization XIII members, as well as the Lingering Sentiment spoiler[aka Terra's suit of armor] (or whatever that ends up getting translated as). Hell, I just can't wait to play the Final Mix version of that game.

Haven't played Birth by Sleep (don't own a PSP) but I'm aiming to rectify that (just bought a PSP and BbS off of Amazon Laughing ), so that I can see what was added for Final Mix. (Also, as a bit of an aside, this will be the third Sony console I've bought, after my PS2 and my PS3 - and what's funny is that I specifically bought all three of them just to be able to play various KH games Laughing )

Finally, with Re:coded, I do have that game, but when I heard that HD cutscenes from it were going to be included with this release, I shelved it in favor of Dream Drop Distance (I only have my 3DS, because I gave my DS Lite to my mom a while back). I do want to complete it at some point, though.

As a bit of an aside, who else thinks it would be really cool if there was an HD Remix featuring playable versions of 358/2 Days, Re:coded, and Dream Drop Distance released for the Wii U (that's the only console I could see it working on, being it's the only console that I know of to feature a touchscreen on the controller), especially since it's getting shut out of KH3. I mean, I know it would probably take a lot more working (since instead of starting from PS2/PSP level graphics they'd be starting from DS level graphics for 2 of the titles), but I'd honestly love to see it (and I'd totally buy it, obviously), especially if they made a Dream Drop Distance Final Mix (or something like that) for the collection Laughing
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote
Jonny Manz wrote:
As a bit of an aside, who else thinks it would be really cool if there was an HD Remix featuring playable versions of 358/2 Days, Re:coded, and Dream Drop Distance released for the Wii U (that's the only console I could see it working on, being it's the only console that I know of to feature a touchscreen on the controller), especially since it's getting shut out of KH3. I mean, I know it would probably take a lot more working (since instead of starting from PS2/PSP level graphics they'd be starting from DS level graphics for 2 of the titles), but I'd honestly love to see it (and I'd totally buy it, obviously), especially if they made a Dream Drop Distance Final Mix (or something like that) for the collection Laughing

It WOULD be really cool, though I wouldn't get your hopes up. 358/2 Days and Re:Coded were made into theater modes BECAUSE they couldn't turn them into HD games. The PS2 games just needed a port and even the PSP game was a ton of work for a port because it involved remaking many models. However, the DS games cannot be ported to the PS3, so they would have to be made from scratch. Dream Drop Distance IS being considered for a future HD release, but it was said to be far too soon to do so yet and they want to focus on getting KHIII made and released after KH II.5 HD ReMIX is done.

Either way, enjoy Birth By Sleep! It's my personal favorite KH game in terms of both gameplay and story, and it just has so much to do in it~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2