• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gugure! Kokkuri-san (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Too weird, spoiler[tanuki is actually a good person]. The spoiler[fake Kohina scene and walking] were killer.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote

This show is unusual yet very cute the same time. I wonder what other supernatural-like beings will be introduced in the future Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
Aww, so spoiler[Shigaraki can actually be a really good person when he wants to be.] I had a feeling that would turn out to be the case, but it was nice to see it happen.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Speaking of which, has anyone found an English TL of the OP lyrics?

The full version of the song apparently came out a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been able to find a translation yet. Since I was curious, I attempted to do one myself (just of the TV size version). My Japanese is not nearly good enough to come up with a full, completely accurate translation, but I think I got the basic meaning of it. It's mostly Kokkuri-san talking about how good he is at housework ("Perfect at cleaning! Perfect at doing laundry!"), but also complaining that he's not appreciated for it (at one point, Inugami says "Work harder! Everything is for the sake of my darling!", followed by Shigaraki saying "Everything is for the sake of my NEET lifestyle!"). The chorus is mostly nonsensical, like "talila talilalila dance dance dance".
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the tidbits! Smile

Episode 7

Maybe my favorite so far. Loved the water bottle and mother-in-law hits. Very Happy
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I actually laughed this episode. twas funny
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I would of preferred if Kokkuri-san stayed as a spoiler[girl].

And speaking of girl, that spoiler[new character named Tama really does act like a cat. Get a ball of yarn and she'll be begging for mercy Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Insane zany that only this show can give. Comedy anime are good things.

Firstly the cat. In true style it is not what it wants you to think and the cat spoiler[god girl is indeed a psycho with a crazy interest in dolls]. Not sure what standout parts to focus on, but the scary possessed dolls in Tama's possession are a place to start, along spoiler[with one being swapped with Kohina with Inugami and Shigaraki not noticing]. Tama spoiler[getting psycho and the group (plus freaky doll) trying to get Kohina back, especially using Google and planning to sabotage them through bad reviews]. Laughing

In the second part, number one joke has to go the spoiler[cursed box having forbidden so much that someone will have to ope it, and the letter inside including "lol"], perfect fit. Oh, plus Kohina spoiler[being pretty unaffected by it and telling him that it ruins his standout character traits]. Also I rspoiler[ecognise female Kokkuri-san's] voice, its the same one as spoiler[Hayate], which was creating a weird dissonance.

Extra cute mention of animal form Inugami carrying oversized guns.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
So, Tama...she's cute, both in and out of cat form, but those dolls...I'm not really sure what, but something about that spoiler["Your mother has come to visit, but she's a shamisen now"] joke was particularly funny to me.

Since the possibility had been brought up more than once previously, I was expecting that eventually, we'd see spoiler[Kokkuri-san as a woman.] I'm surprised they seem to be carrying this storyline over into the next episode, though.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
That was short lived Sad
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
That was short lived Sad

With hilarious out come at the end.

Seriously, it is a shonen style show, its always going revert back to its original form. Anyways, i think ancestors have particular sense of humor.

I like the female Kokkuri, but it wasn't meant to be.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
I wanted him to remain a girl for the remainder course of this show.
mierin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Female kokkuri was so cute Anime hyper

Ichimatsu family curse, how terrifying.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
It's a wonder Tanuki-san didn't get tossed out of the bath for his tats.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Female Kokkuri-san is actually in the OP now, she was among the other girls that included the bully, Tama, and Female Inugami, and at the end where she replaces regular Kokkuri-san. That end also includes Tama, and Inugami is in male form, I think he has shifted back and forth.

Also kind of funny of Tama getting involved, and how she acted as foil for Inugami.

I could see spoiler[it coming in the end, that it would be hilarious if a kiss was what broke the curse. It would have been] sad to not have Daisuke Ono here anymore.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I wanted him to remain a girl for the remainder course of this show.

Kokkuri was cute as a girl but I prefer the male version because Ono Daisuke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4