• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood+ on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wing_Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quote
Blood+ has it's really good moments and then it's really bad moments... then there are the slow moments... and bishies

for people who have watched Blood+ though i wonder what they're going to do about spoiler[ep 32 and Riku ;;;>__> people who have seen it will know what i'm talking about =P]

Last edited by Wing_Goddess on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
Wing_Goddess wrote:
Blood+ has it's really good moments and then it's really bad moments... then there are the slow moments... and bishies

for people who have watched Blood+ though i wonder what they're going to do aboutspoiler[ ep 32 and Riku ;;;>__> people who have seen it will know what i'm talking about] =P

Puts some spoiler tag on there just to be safe, I was also wondering about that, but since Blood+ should be [AS] there shouldn't be too much of a problem....who knows maybe they'll skip the episode much like they did with Outlaw Star Wink
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Wing_Goddess wrote:

for people who have watched Blood+ though i wonder what they're going to do aboutspoiler[ ep 32 and Riku ;;;>__> people who have seen it will know what i'm talking about] =P

Puts some spoiler tag on there just to be safe, I was also wondering about that, but since Blood+ should be [AS] there shouldn't be too much of a problem....who knows maybe they'll skip the episode much like they did with Outlaw Star Wink

They can't skip it - it leads to the main plot point that wraps up the show (it's too intergral to the plot). That said, they really don't have to edit it (I don't remember it being that graphic) but I'm not sure how well that plot twist will play with viewers (I personally didn't like it on several levels but to each their own).
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:18 am Reply with quote
I have not seen blood+ before mabey it will be good
but while on the subject it seem ( and from what i here) like its another vampire show hm... i wonder what that could mean
( mabey [as] is being taken over by vampires)

ps. i wonder if this will help or hurt their rateing with the so called end of inuyasha (they got to make more episodes ) and just starting TB and BLEACH.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:28 am Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
They can't skip it - it leads to the main plot point that wraps up the show (

I know that, I was just making a joke because in Outlaw Star they skip an episode (way too much nudity to be edited) that was important to how the crew got from point a to point b in the story. I don't think that [AS] will skip it, but I don't think it going to be edited either, I don't remember the show being too graphic.
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quote
Edits to Blood+ for graphic violence concern me less than edits to mature (very mature) themes. This isn't a kid's show, it deals with some pretty grown-up issues that will either go right over youngsters' heads or freak them out. I'm not sure how these themes can be edited, though, because it's what the show's really about.

Blood+ is quite good - how many shows have true tearjerker moments that aren't played for cheesiness? - it's just not a masterpiece. Don't slam it for not being the cream of the crop because it's still a heck of a lot better than most stuff out there, AS or no AS.

The thing that worries me is that I wanted to cosplay Haji at Anime Boston last year, but couldn't get my costume finished in time - I'd been looking forward to being the only Haji there. The costume's still a go for AB '07, but I think there will be more than one cell-case toting "guy" there, if Blood+ gets air time. How selfish of me! Wait...on the other hand, more Haji to go around = less chance of being glomped 24/7 by fangirls. This could be great news... Cool
HazelAsher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote
Well, hopefully it will get put on AS because Toonami will not edit this right, that's definitely for sure.

Although...I don't really care about the tv version; I'm happy the DVD's are finally coming out! Blood+ is awesome. Wink
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:

BTW, has ANN reported that CN is airing .hack//ROOTS?

The ANN Encyclopedia says
Vintage:
2006-04-05 to 2006-09-27
2006-11-11 (USA - Cartoon Network)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh this should be interesting. I'll wake up in the middle of the night to see 'Blood+ on Adult Swim and then I'll shake my head and then fall back to sleep.

Actually, I'm sort of looking forward to seeing it on the network as it will reach more people. Hope that they will get a reasonable cast for the dub. And of course DVD releases, are always a plus. I look forward to pick them up myself. It was a long hard climb getting through 50 eps and I enjoyed them ever bit of the way. Smile
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
emory wrote:

BTW, has ANN reported that CN is airing .hack//ROOTS?

The ANN Encyclopedia says
Vintage:
2006-04-05 to 2006-09-27
2006-11-11 (USA - Cartoon Network)

I hope it airs on Cartoon Network this month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Just from looking in the Encyclopedia, Blood+ doesn't seem kosher for Toonami. [AS] all the way.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:28 am Reply with quote
Can I ask why anyone would actually think it was remotely possible for Blood+ to air on Toonami? The people at CN would have to be drunk, drugged, and deranged to even attempt it.

Blood+ isn't like Naruto or Outlaw Star, where you can make a few small edits and have a non-lawsuit enducing version. Blood+ is dark, bloody, and extremely NOT for kids.

The only people stupid enough to take a show like this one and edit it for children are the folks at 4Kids! and even they aren't THAT twisted.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:33 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Can I ask why anyone would actually think it was remotely possible for Blood+ to air on Toonami? The people at CN would have to be drunk, drugged, and deranged to even attempt it.

Yet there are times when the Cartoon Network programmers seem to fit that description Twisted Evil.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:55 am Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

Yet there are times when the Cartoon Network programmers seem to fit that description Twisted Evil.
Considers the existence of such horrors as Tom Goes To The Mayor and Squidbillies.

Hmm, you have a point. Twisted Evil

Still, they don't screw up with their anime selections too often, so I think we're safe.
HazelAsher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:54 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Blood+ isn't like Naruto or Outlaw Star, where you can make a few small edits and have a non-lawsuit enducing version. Blood+ is dark, bloody, and extremely NOT for kids.

That is very true. I would have a hard time seeing theme completely edit out the episode spoiler[where all the children are turned into chiropteran and Riku's friend goes crazy because she's all vampire-frenzied. That was definitely one of the episodes that heightened my hatred for Diva.]

But still...yay for DVD's. I'm totally waiting for the mecha boxset on this one. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4