• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami's Adjusted Schedule Cuts Attack on Titan, Cowboy Bebop, GiTS, Space Dandy

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, Im not surprised.
Nyron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I've always wondered what ratings that expect at 3-6am?
What could they put on that is higher rated at that hour?

And honestly I would have loved to watch Samurai Jack, but I can't pull an all-nighter to do so. the block should start at 11 at least.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Lame. I thought we were only losing one hour not three. Sigh.

Mr.Shonen wrote:
I assume Toonami is banking everything on Kill La Kill.

I doubt it since they clearly got the show before all of this happened.

Nyron wrote:
I've always wondered what ratings that expect at 3-6am?
What could they put on that is higher rated at that hour?

And honestly I would have loved to watch Samurai Jack, but I can't pull an all-nighter to do so. the block should start at 11 at least.

This. I really don't get it, there aren't many people up that late watching so it seemed the perfect time to please some of us crazy anime re-run watchers who are some of the rare people who do stay up since it was the ONE night a week we got to see some anime on TV and support Toonami by watching, I can't see why it was worth this kind of trouble to remove it when they've got 6 other days to show the normal AS stuff, we're talking about 3-6AM, most people are sleeping.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see Tokyo Ghoul (when its dubbed) or Mirai Nikki on Toonami.
onyonz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Toonami, if you're reading, here are a few free ideas. Get these shows, it'll boost ratings.

Hataraku Maou-sama.
Psycho-Pass
Mahouka.
JoJo's bizzare adventure.
Cross Ange.

OK, that last one was a joke.

Ughh I hope maou and mahouka is a joke as well. Jojo would be the best thing for Toonami but that ain't gonna happen. And even if it did, not any time soon.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Toonami dug it's own grave with re-runs, now it needs to dig itself out.

I think One Piece needs to go and be replaced with Fairy Tail. But that's just me.

So you want to replace one long running show with another?

The last thing toonami needs with this block cut is long running shows.

DmonHiro wrote:
Toonami, if you're reading, here are a few free ideas. Get these shows, it'll boost ratings.

Hataraku Maou-sama.
Psycho-Pass
Mahouka.
Cross Ange.

Jojo is would be a definite. I haven't seen Madoka, if there's fighting every episode then yes. Slice of life comedies like Hataraku Maou-sama are out of the question. Toonami needs shows with constant action/good vs evil stories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:

DmonHiro wrote:

Hataraku Maou-sama.
Psycho-Pass
Mahouka.
Cross Ange.

Jojo is would be a definite. I haven't seen Madoka, if there's fighting every episode then yes. Slice of life comedies like Hataraku Maou-sama are out of the question. Toonami needs shows with constant action/good vs evil stories.

Mahouka(The Irregular at Magic High School) not Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Too much infodump for the casuals who want wall to wall action. Also too much wincest.

Psycho Pass or Future Diary would both be great fits though (Toonami may not surive long enough for Jojos. That would kick ass though).
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I give them 4 months before they put Cowboy Bebop back on, that's an adult swim/ Toonami staple.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:
Toonami dug it's own grave with re-runs, now it needs to dig itself out.

I think One Piece needs to go and be replaced with Fairy Tail. But that's just me.

So you want to replace one long running show with another?

The last thing toonami needs with this block cut is long running shows.

DmonHiro wrote:

Hataraku Maou-sama.
Psycho-Pass
Mahouka.
Cross Ange.

Yeah, nah there isn't and it's got tons of infodumps, it would be super slow for Toonami.

Psycho-Pass would be perfect though. And Jojo's would probably do really well.

Speaking of Future Diary, I'm curious how were the premiere ratings for Deadman, if they were good I could see Future Diary grabbing some of that with some of it's crazy action. I wonder how it would do.

yotsubafanfan wrote:
I give them 4 months before they put Cowboy Bebop back on, that's an adult swim/ Toonami staple.

I'm kind of shocked the schedule was allowed to be shortened so much that they had to take it off given that they likely JUST ponied up for Cowboy Bebop HD since we were only on ep 4.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:

Well, it is the anime that saved the industry after all. Based Trigger will never make a failure of a show that sells terribly. /sarcasm

yotsubafanfan wrote:

If they do, they should at least run it in HD, and advertise on that basis so they don't seem too desperate. It might be too late, but seeing HD Escaflowne and recent and gorgeous HD Outlaw Star would be nice, despite them being nostalgic lures.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Deleted a few posts for over-quoting.

Don't want your posts deleted?

Then don't over-quote.

Look here to see if you've made it or advanced on the The Wall of Shame. ~nbahn

AbZeroNow wrote:

Mahouka(The Irregular at Magic High School) not Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Too much infodump for the casuals who want wall to wall action. Also too much wincest.

Psycho Pass or Future Diary would both be great fits though (Toonami may not surive long enough for Jojos. That would kick ass though).

My mistake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Come the hell on! I just started watching "Cowboy Bebop."

Did you just get here from 1999?

Actually, I meant "Madoka" not "Mahouka". I forgot Toonami's all action though, so Maou-sama's out.

Aldnoah.Zero on the other hand would work great. Man... the last episode...
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
IMO, hey have too many reruns.

True. What toonami fan hasn't seen DBZ at this point?
Then there's Deadman which already aired. Your toonami or causal anime fan has probably seen TTGL on SyFy or online. It's 7 years old.

Inuyasha FA is so all over the place that it's better to keep it on as background noise.

Naruto has been in a dead zone ever since Sai was introduced.

Finally, it's criminal that One Piece is still on Enies Lobby and won't reach Thriller Bark till next year.

Well many people were happy that dbz came back on toonami since that was a highly requested one. but yeah this goes back to what I said before about doing only one rerun of space dandy & Aot, cowboy bepop. Doing like 30-50 reruns of the same show gets old. What they should have done is replaced those 3 (mostly imo) with something else like rurouni kenshin (I would love to see the first 63 episodes of that show air on toonami again.), The devil is a part-timer (Another one I`ve been begging for them to air) & Kill la Kill. Or Trigun, something & something else. By at least within the first Saturday in January.
Mizerous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
No one to blame but themselves. They did not have any new material for December besides reruns and well that hit the ratings hard so now they have to get new content to survive.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Hataraku Maou-sama.
Psycho-Pass
Mahouka.
Cross Ange.

Yeah, you make it painfully clear you don't know how this stuff works.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11