• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece Manga Takes 1-Week Break

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
Is this really news material? Then, you should announce every break for every manga published on any magazine--or at least the most popular ones. Wink

Anyway, since a while Oda-sensei had started taking one-week break every four chapters published or so, and he now sleeps four hours for night (which isn't a lot, but I guess that's only on the most busy days), so don't worry too much. This isn't a hiatus or anything.

And, please tag as spoilers some of your comments, people! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote
utawoutau wrote:
Ugh, no! And this is right after a whole chapter about Senor Pink. Who the 'ef cares about senior Pink?!

i do

he's just....he's just so hard boiled Embarassed
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:04 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
He needs some sleep, there's a flu epidemic in Japan and it's extremely nasty this time. If he did get that flu strain, then he'll need the week off to get well soon.

How would he even get the flu in the first place? By his own admission he works twenty-one hours a day and rarely leaves his office. It's not like he actually meets that many people.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:40 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

He needs some sleep, there's a flu epidemic in Japan and it's extremely nasty this time. If he did get that flu strain, then he'll need the week off to get well soon.

How would he even get the flu in the first place? By his own admission he works twenty-one hours a day and rarely leaves his office. It's not like he actually meets that many people.

He may get it from family members or co-workers who interact with more people. Plus, not enough sleep makes the body much easier prey for infections.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
The levels of entitlement is amazing when ever a Jump creater feels the need for down time. Jesus wept people, show some compassion! It's not all about you.

I hope Oda get's all the sleep he needs and recovers soon, so he can continue doing the job he loves.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Hawkmonger wrote:
The levels of entitlement is amazing when ever a Jump creater feels the need for down time. Jesus wept people, show some compassion! It's not all about you.

Funny, I don't see very much of that attitude in this topic at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2