• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Try to Replicate Effects of Hestia's String

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Does it really come as a surprise that the arms become useless and that wearing it like that would most likely hurt? Let's not get into how, depending on the person, wearing it too tight could even damage your blood circulation.

It's almost as if the people who make this kind of trashy otaku anime have never even met a real woman...

Oh wait

Because realism is sooo important in those Chinese girl cartoons rigth?

Oh wait..
Fourteenthangel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I think the lot of you are putting way too much thought into this. I doubt the original character designer put a lot of thought into it. Its anime, guys. It can be whatever it wants to be. Its not real.
nechronius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
The rational guy in me rolls his eyes and knows that of course the blue ribbon is impractical and pointless...

The emotional guy in me still greatly appreciates the effort and the picture evidence of such attempts.

Last edited by nechronius on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Fourteenthangel wrote:
I think the lot of you are putting way too much thought into this. I doubt the original character designer put a lot of thought into it. Its anime, guys. It can be whatever it wants to be. Its not real.

A character design should elicit positive reactions from the audience: "that character looks cool/sexy/cute/amazing/etc.!"

If a sizable portion of your audience's reaction to the design is, instead, "How the **** does that work????" then you have a bad character design. That string's pretty egregious even for the standards of anime.

And besides, overthinking things to the point of ridiculousness is one of the best parts of being a fan. Cool

Last edited by vashfanatic on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justaway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Saturn wrote:
Honestly now I'm just wondering how much my boobs weigh. Is that something you need to know? Laughing

That's something that we don't need to know but people some would like to know.
It's the information we deserve, but not the one we need right know.

Also, reading this article made me ask one question: Did she really have that string? 30-something chapters and an anime episode, it apparently wasn't something I noticed. xD

In conclusion- anime is srs bzns.

Last edited by Justaway on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
*reads post*

*monocle pops out*
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
This kinda stuff is why people give "otaku" dirty looks
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm betting there is a way to get a ballpark estimate of how much your boobs weigh with biology + cup size.

Like, figure out what % of boob is fat, and how much that fat typically weighs. Add in the muscle of the pecs, and estimated weight of that, and then the usual weight of the mammary glands themselves.

It'd be really math-y to do, but possible to get an estimate?

....I bet someone on the internet already calculated all this, too....
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
This kinda stuff is why people give "otaku" dirty looks

I dpn't think those people care what non-anime fans think about them.

Good for them, I say.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
There's some things in anime you just don't question because it's a work of fiction and just ignore and enjoy it. This is one of those times. I'll choose to laugh it off and applaud these guys and gals for challenging the norm and thinking outside the box no matter how irrational and implausible this is.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
It's almost as if the people who make this kind of trashy otaku anime have never even met a real woman...

Oh wait

Eh, the joke works a little bit for some fans (but even there note how many female fans there were to know about this and joke with it), but it really falls flat when it comes to making anime, considering how many women work in the industry, including a number of female manga-ka or character designers that make similarly implausible costumes for male-oriented manga, shows, or video games. Bayonetta's character designer? Female (Mari Shimazaki). Code of Princess's character designer? Female (Kinu Nishimura) Guilty Gear? Female (Emiko Iwasaki)
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah, yes...I've frequently seen artwork of this girl pop up on Twitter for quite a bit. It seems that her outfit is impossible to cosplay accurately.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Ah, yes...I've frequently seen artwork of this girl pop up on Twitter for quite a bit. It seems that her outfit is impossible to cosplay accurately.

Cue passionate fans:
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
Eh, the joke works a little bit for some fans (but even there note how many female fans there were to know about this and joke with it), but it really falls flat when it comes to making anime, considering how many women work in the industry, including a number of female manga-ka or character designers that make similarly implausible costumes for male-oriented manga, shows, or video games. Bayonetta's character designer? Female (Mari Shimazaki). Code of Princess's character designer? Female (Kinu Nishimura) Guilty Gear? Female (Emiko Iwasaki)

Not to mention in the days of the internet and Google image search, the old rhetoric of "you've never seen a naked girl" is pretty silly since it's only a two second internet search away. A bit of a sensationalist reaction though, I agree. Thankfully it seems women in Japan have more of a sense of humor about this sort of thing than we do.

-Stuart Smith
→★Ammie☆←

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
She's a god, the divine power is sealed in her breasts, the string is there to seal it away.
Mere mortals cannot possibly imitate this godly fashion, for none holds the holy authority that can be sealed in her boobs.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7