• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Emblem if Game's 'My Castle' Introduction Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
I'm in love with the maid in the preview.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
So if you purchase digital you get both scenarios while physical purchases only get one with a $17 upgrade. But they both cost the same? I have no idea why they would do that.
XakonXIV

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:25 am Reply with quote
Cautiously optimistic about this... Hopefully the story and the character interactions won't be as jarringly disconected as they were in Awakening.
Sango chan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
this looks rather intersting. lol, and Kazahana (kazehana?, don't remember which it was.) is on the attack on kamui. Lol.

The butler, Joka, reminds me of Theo from Persona 3 PSP. he's... kinda cute...

and Felicia is adorable. running into the kitchen, falling and breaking things cause she's too excited. lol.

I can't wait to play this game. I understood bits and pieces of it, but not much.
Sakura Stardust

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
So if you purchase digital you get both scenarios while physical purchases only get one with a $17 upgrade. But they both cost the same? I have no idea why they would do that.

I think they mean that they're going to give you the option of what version you want at the point where it splits off, and then locks out the one you diddint choose, so you have to buy it later.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
The same sex bonding is quite strong in this one 8D i wonder if you could marry them or something.
Also, i laughed a bit at the ~pokémon amie~ thing, like, you just call one of your companions over to your room and then just start rubbing their face lmao, but I like it tbh. And the accessories feature also caught my attention.
Hmm, since the japanese release date is near, it makes sense for those videos explaining features and whatnot to be released, but it would be very nice if there were some news about the occidental copies; like, if they'll have the same DLC-thing-system as the japanese, or even if they'll also be two different versions too, you never know.
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
wow, this game is gonna have a lot of features!

Quote:
Players can also call characters to their room to deepen their bonds

before watching video: wait, what? you're... inviting them up for tea and a chat, right? Embarassed i mean, what else could two people do alone in a room...?

after watching video: Shocked was not expecting that... reminds me of Pokemon-Amie Razz

Quote:

if i remember correctly from past news about this game, when you buy the digital version, you have the potential to choose either route near the beginning but once you do decide on a path you are locked in and have to buy the one you didn't pick if you want to play it too. so it'll cost the same as buying a physical copy + DLC

on that note i'm very curious if the Western release of this game will follow the same model... hopefully they'll announce it for the West and tell us something at E3 in a couple weeks! super excited! Very Happy
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
PetitePuff wrote:
wow, this game is gonna have a lot of features!

Quote:
Players can also call characters to their room to deepen their bonds

before watching video: wait, what? you're... inviting them up for tea and a chat, right? Embarassed i mean, what else could two people do alone in a room...?

after watching video: Shocked was not expecting that... reminds me of Pokemon-Amie Razz

Quote:

if i remember correctly from past news about this game, when you buy the digital version, you have the potential to choose either route near the beginning but once you do decide on a path you are locked in and have to buy the one you didn't pick if you want to play it too. so it'll cost the same as buying a physical copy + DLC

on that note i'm very curious if the Western release of this game will follow the same model... hopefully they'll announce it for the West and tell us something at E3 in a couple weeks! super excited! Very Happy

I really really hope they change it for the Western release. This pay for part of the game system is complete BS. This is the crap I expect from EA not Nintendo. Even though it would probably mean the death of the franchise I really hope if this is who they are going to do it that the game tanks hard.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope that this "pay-for-part-of-the-game" method won't be implemented for the Western debut of Fire Emblem if as well. The customers are going to be in a rude awakening once they find out that they're buying a seemingly incomplete game.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
^Thanks for the answers. I'm not too crazy about the idea honestly.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
And this will be available on both 3DS versions or...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I hope that this "pay-for-part-of-the-game" method won't be implemented for the Western debut of Fire Emblem if as well. The customers are going to be in a rude awakening once they find out that they're buying a seemingly incomplete game.

If Nintendo hasn't decided to keep the pokemon games as one complete game don't assume they're going to keep If as one version featuring all three scenarios because you don't see it as practical to sell three different version of the game as both physical content and optional DLC.

Plus I believe anyone with any familiarity of the Fire Emblem ip and this game would be aware of this game being sold in three different editions and DLC since it's been common knowledge for months.

switchgear1131 wrote:

I really really hope they change it for the Western release. This pay for part of the game system is complete BS. This is the crap I expect from EA not Nintendo. Even though it would probably mean the death of the franchise I really hope if this is who they are going to do it that the game tanks hard.

Yeah let the game tank hard so Nintendo can use that as A pretext to keep any more games in the series in Japan. Or worse puts the series in the exact same position it was in up until Awakening saved it.

In other words who wins in either scenario?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
If Nintendo hasn't decided to keep the pokemon games as one complete game don't assume they're going to keep If as one version featuring all three scenarios because you don't see it as practical to sell three different version of the game as both physical content and optional DLC.

The method of how the storylines of Pokémon and Fire Emblem: If are different. Pokémon's storyline is the same in every version (minus the Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platnum versions, in which they have special features that are not present in the others). The only thing that makes the versions differentiate from one another is their Version-exclusive Pokémon that are present in one version and not in the other.

With Fire Emblem: If, the same storyline is split apart in three different versions, with differing viewpoints, meaning that I would have to buy the downloadable content of each version just to experience the entire game! I would hardly view this as "optional."
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
The only thing that makes the versions differentiate from one another is their Version-exclusive Pokémon that are present in one version and not in the other.

And does this justify splitting the games into 3 to 4 versions which have been the norm since Generation 1 and something no one seems to mind unlike Fire Emblem If.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
With Fire Emblem: If, the same storyline is split apart in three different versions, with differing viewpoints, meaning that I would have to buy the downloadable content of each version just to experience the entire game! I would hardly view this as "optional."
h

Considering you have the option to buy and play either version of the game and experience which each route has to offer........that's sounds pretty optional to me.

What Fire Emblem If is doing to my recollection has never been done in a Fire Emblem game before. Some of these games have diverging paths but more or less still have the same storyline with some slight tweaks that eventually merges back together at some point.

Whereas this game has diverging paths that branch off into separate storylines that will stay separate. Content that's big enough to justify splitting the game into three distinct but slightly similar games.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
And does this justify splitting the games into 3 to 4 versions which have been the norm since Generation 1 and something no one seems to mind unlike Fire Emblem If.

In the case of Pokémon, yes, for the reason that the title was made with the concept of trading with other Trainers. If all the Pokémon were available in every Version, trading would have lost its purpose.

Quote:
Considering you have the option to buy and play either version of the game and experience which each route has to offer........that's sounds pretty optional to me.

...Whereas this game has diverging paths that branch off into separate storylines that will stay separate. Content that's big enough to justify splitting the game into three distinct but slightly similar games.

I just don't buy any of this. I can "choose" to buy one of the versions of Fire Emblem: If to experience only half of the game while I have the "option" to buy the other half of the title as DLC to see the full story? I'm sorry to say but, whichever way you slice it, this idea of splitting the title into separate versions and relegating part of it in the rear of the DLC paywall pretty much defeats the concept of choice.

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2