• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail TV Anime Has New Project in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much if I was any of you.

The Avatar & Alvarez arcs are the worst arcs.

Avatar isn't great but Alvarez is great and has lots of big story beats, the current arc is great
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
KH91 wrote:
I was waiting for an announcement any day now. So do we have to follow a trail of ice to find out what the next project is? I think it'd be wise to take a year off. Stop killing yourself trying to think of filler. You can't outdo Pierrot. lol

There's also Fairy Girls, Road Knight, Blue Mistral and Twin Dragons. Looks bad...

not quite. considering how popular zero is as well as some of the spinoffs, its possible one of them might be the new series. however the only really that have a high chance to get an anime series would be blue mistral since its been the basic theme of having the cutest female character star as a magical girl, starting with the tenchi franchise with magical girl pretty sammy, then the fate/stay nigh franchise got into the mix by having illyasivel as the main for fate/kaleid prisma illya.

then again its not a guarantee either. the code geass franchise had two manga spinoffs for nunnally and neither got an anime version. so while its possible that the announcement might be the continuing of the current arc, its also possible that the new project might be blue mistral.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:50 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Drunk wrote:
KH91 wrote:
I was waiting for an announcement any day now. So do we have to follow a trail of ice to find out what the next project is? I think it'd be wise to take a year off. Stop killing yourself trying to think of filler. You can't outdo Pierrot. lol

There's also Fairy Girls, Road Knight, Blue Mistral and Twin Dragons. Looks bad...

not quite. considering how popular zero is as well as some of the spinoffs, its possible one of them might be the new series. however the only really that have a high chance to get an anime series would be blue mistral since its been the basic theme of having the cutest female character star as a magical girl, starting with the tenchi franchise with magical girl pretty sammy, then the fate/stay nigh franchise got into the mix by having illyasivel as the main for fate/kaleid prisma illya.

then again its not a guarantee either. the code geass franchise had two manga spinoffs for nunnally and neither got an anime version. so while its possible that the announcement might be the continuing of the current arc, its also possible that the new project might be blue mistral.

I know I've said this before, but Blue Mistral is not a magical girl series in any sense, at least its not part of the magical girl genre. I own the manga, it's literally just about Wendy doing guild jobs with Carla. There's no transformation sequences or anything like that. The only magic Wendy has is the Dragon Slayer magic she always uses in the main series. In the truest sense, it's a spin off that could very well take place in the main series if they wanted. Nothing in it contradicts the main Fairy Tail plotline.

If you refer to it as a magical girl series that's like saying all the girls in the main FT series are also magical girls. Unless we're being technical since a girl using magic could be a "Magical" girl, telling people its part of the magical girl genre will give them the wrong idea. You used Prisma Illya as an example and that's part of the magical girl genre (Even if its a parody) because Illya actually transforms. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest since last time you claimed Blue Mistral was part of the magical girl genre.
Ahmazein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Its more then likely going to be just like how things were with episode 175, taking a break, and will come back to finish off. I don't think have gotten bad enough for it to be completely cancelled. It will be back to finish up.
rs_chaosmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I am so pissed right now Funimation finally picks up a simulcast for Fairy Tail and A1 decides to end the show WTF!!! Come on Funimation help them fund this like you did with Dimension W please don't let another Bleach Happen.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
Last time the Fairy Tail anime ended on March 2013 they did not confirm that new episodes were coming out until december that year i think but now they confirmed that a new anime Project is on the way right away so i really hope we wont need to wait a long year this time until we can get new Fairy Tail episodes again and that we maybe only need to wait a few months.
Really hope they will announce when the new Fairy Tail anime will start soon and give us information about the new animation studio and other stuff.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote
Ah, so this will give me time to catch up on the anime. While I'm up-to-date on the KUSA releases for the manga, I only watched the first 8 or so episodes of the 2014 series.

Hope they are going to animate the end of this series, as it really does feel like the manga is entering into its final arc.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Ah, so this will give me time to catch up on the anime. While I'm up-to-date on the KUSA releases for the manga, I only watched the first 8 or so episodes of the 2014 series.

Hope they are going to animate the end of this series, as it really does feel like the manga is entering into its final arc.

Im not really getting the feeling that Fairy Tail is close to its ending and when Naruto and Bleach got to there final arcs Kishimoto and Kubo announced it but Mashima has not done that so i think there will be more arcs after the Alvarez arc right now.

Also the old big villains that have been around during most of the series usually get replaced by new big villains later in these shounens so i think Zeref and Acnologia will be replaced by somebody more powerful eventually like that so called god that cursed Zeref maybe.
In Naruto Orochimaru and the Akatsuki got replaced by Obito, Madara and Kaguya, in Bleach Aizen got replaced by Juha Ywach and in Toriko Midora and Starjun got replaced by Joie, the blue Nitro and Neo for example.

There is plenty of stuff left in Fairy Tail to animate and the series is very popular in Japan so i really hope we wont need to wait that long until the new Fairy Tail anime gets announced and until we get information about it.

Last edited by CyberLance on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:39 am Reply with quote
^I partially agree. On one side it feels like the Alvarez and Tartaros arcs have tied pretty much all of the series biggest mysteries (the dragon stuff, spoiler[Natsu's origins, Fairy Tail's big Lumen Histoire secret, the connection with Layla and Celestial Spirits, Zeref's story and his connection with Fairy Tail]), with just the defeat of the two big baddies (Zeref and Acnologia) left. But on the other side this doesn't feel like a final arc at all. I have a feeling that this arc will end with:

a) spoiler[Zeref and Acnologia retreating and the next arc focusing on finding a way for Natsu to defeat Zeref without dying]
b)spoiler[Zeref and Natsu joining forces to defeat Acnologia, and then Natsu and FT try to find a way to break Zeref's curse i.e. a Zeref redemption arc]
c)an arc that somehow involves faeries. After all, the guild was formed with the idea of trying to find out if faeries actually exist and the whole "do faeries have a tail" thing has been brought up many times
CyberLance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
^I partially agree. On one side it feels like the Alvarez and Tartaros arcs have tied pretty much all of the series biggest mysteries (the dragon stuff, spoiler[Natsu's origins, Fairy Tail's big Lumen Histoire secret, the connection with Layla and Celestial Spirits, Zeref's story and his connection with Fairy Tail]), with just the defeat of the two big baddies (Zeref and Acnologia) left. But on the other side this doesn't feel like a final arc at all. I have a feeling that this arc will end with:

a) spoiler[Zeref and Acnologia retreating and the next arc focusing on finding a way for Natsu to defeat Zeref without dying]
b)spoiler[Zeref and Natsu joining forces to defeat Acnologia, and then Natsu and FT try to find a way to break Zeref's curse i.e. a Zeref redemption arc]
c)an arc that somehow involves faeries. After all, the guild was formed with the idea of trying to find out if faeries actually exist and the whole "do faeries have a tail" thing has been brought up many times

Well there is also the mystery of the One Magic and i think we are going to learn more about what happened 400 years ago during the dragon war and when Igneel and others made that plan to defeat Acnologia and we maybe will also learn more about Natsu and Zerefs time as kids and there parents for example and it feels like Lucy finding Aquarius key should be important for a future arc.

We also dont know who that guy wearing Natsus scarf that was fighting Acnologia on that old painting was yet during the Grand Magic Games arc.
And yea maybe they will finally meet some fairies at the end of the series.

There is still mysterys left in Fairy Tail and new important stuff and mysterys could show up so i think there will be a couple more arcs after the Alvarez arc.
I think the Alvarez arc is the last arc where Zeref is one of the big villains of the series and after this arc he will either join the good guy side or maybe something else will happen to him.
Acnologia probably will be defeated later in the series and we need to learn more about his backstory.
If Gildarts finally returns in this arc i hope he will be around for the rest of the series and wont go on anymore travels.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much if I was any of you.

The Avatar & Alvarez arcs are the worst arcs.

Even worse than the Tartaros arc (or whatever it was called)?
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
CyberLance wrote:
Im not really getting the feeling that Fairy Tail is close to its ending and when Naruto and Bleach got to there final arcs Kishimoto and Kubo announced it but Mashima has not done that so i think there will be more arcs after the Alvarez arc right now.

Also the old big villains that have been around during most of the series usually get replaced by new big villains later in these shounens so i think Zererf and Acnologia will be replaced by somebody more powerful eventually like that so called god that cursed Zeref maybe.

You may be right, and Zeref/Acnologia do get replaced. Just feels like those 2 have been tied up in many of the mysteries in FT, that once they're dealt with, that'd be it.

I'm unsure how long villains were around in stuff like Naruto and Bleach, as I didn't stick around for Naruto that long and have never touched Bleach. But, to me, to have 2 "villains" around from the start of a series that is now over 50 volumes, I'd assume that they're going to be the only "big bads" in the series.

Sure, there could be a bit more to it, but if there is someone else behind it all, I don't see it as being a villain that would be around for a long period of time either. Certainly not anywhere near as long as Zeref and Acnologia.

I could see a team up in order to take another villain out, but can't see this series going on for a whole lot longer because someone else is revealed.

Add to that, we don't know how long this current arc may last. I've heard that Bleach's final arc has been going on for multiple years. Laughing
CyberLance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:01 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
CyberLance wrote:

Also the old big villains that have been around during most of the series usually get replaced by new big villains later in these shounens so i think Zererf and Acnologia will be replaced by somebody more powerful eventually like that so called god that cursed Zeref maybe.

You may be right, and Zeref/Acnologia do get replaced. Just feels like those 2 have been tied up in many of the mysteries in FT, that once they're dealt with, that'd be it.

I'm unsure how long villains were around in stuff like Naruto and Bleach, as I didn't stick around for Naruto that long and have never touched Bleach. But, to me, to have 2 "villains" around from the start of a series that is now over 50 volumes, I'd assume that they're going to be the only "big bads" in the series.

Sure, there could be a bit more to it, but if there is someone else behind it all, I don't see it as being a villain that would be around for a long period of time either. Certainly not anywhere near as long as Zeref and Acnologia.

I could see a team up in order to take another villain out, but can't see this series going on for a whole lot longer because someone else is revealed.

Add to that, we don't know how long this current arc may last. I've heard that Bleach's final arc has been going on for multiple years. Laughing

Well 2 of the 3 big main villains of Naruto Madara and Kaguya were only around during the end of the series and the big main villain of Bleach Juha Ywach did not show up until the final arc of the series started so if there will be new more powerful villains in Fairy Tail it probably does not matter that much if they cant be around for many arcs.
Well in Toriko the new big villains have been around for a pretty long time now so the new Fairy Tail villains can be around for a while too maybe.

Also in Naruto, Bleach and Toriko we learned plenty of new interesting story and got many new mysteries that we did not know about before the new big main villains showed up so we probably will learn lots of new stuff in Fairy Tail that we have no idea about right now if somebody stronger than Zeref and Acnologia appears.

If the god Ankhseram that cursed Zeref eventually appears its very possible that he could have been behind lots of the stuff in the series behind the scenes and i think its possible that the mysterious shadow that manipulated future Rogue could also be a future villain or maybe the shadow is working for Ankhseram.

And i dont think this Alvarez war arc will last last even close as long as the arc in Bleach right now.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Hiro Mashima confirmed on his Twitter that they are working on a new Fairy Tail anime. Smile

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/22/fairy-tail-author-offers-some-english-comments-on-anime-plans

I hope Anime News Network will put this news on the site too so as many people as possible will learn about this.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
CyberLance wrote:
Well 2 of the 3 big main villains of Naruto Madara and Kaguya were only around during the end of the series and the big main villain of Bleach Juha Ywach did not show up until the final arc of the series started so if there will be new more powerful villains in Fairy Tail it probably does not matter that much if they cant be around for many arcs.

Yeah, that was my main point. You didn't have villains in Naruto/Bleach that were around from the begging, and are still the main bads in the series, like you have in Fairy Tail.

While the current arc may not be the last one, I'd be surprised if it isn't part of a lead in to the end of the series.

I would be surprised to see a whole new villain introduced as the big bad in this one. Mainly because, as I said earlier, we've had 50+ volumes of manga with 2 central villains. Wouldn't be against someone new popping up, and there is Zeref's curse.

But, I'd say that in dealing with Zeref, they'll have to be dealing with the being behind the curse. So, you'd be getting 2 birds with one stone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4