• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail TV Anime Has New Project in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahmazein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:18 am Reply with quote
All the talk in here about thinking the series will go on with new villans after Zeref and such.

Am i one of the few who hopes it is the end? I love Fairy Tail and all, but i would rather see it end, with good closure then and there. Then have them keep it going and all like that did with Naruto/Bleach/Etc and all? I prefer closure and a good ending, rather then "forcing" it to continue. End it on a high note honestly.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail is the first manga I started collecting, back in 2010 (my collection is a mix of DelRey and Kodansha volumes). And, depending on how a continuation beyond Zeref/Acnologia is handled, I may end stop collecting it if it isn't done well.

Mainly because I just can't get my head around 50+ volumes of build up for 2 villains, and their defeat doesn't bring the series to an end. I feel like that would be the natural conclusion, and I would like it to be how things wrap up.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:25 am Reply with quote
So today is the 23rd waiting for some more info about or they wont give any that twitter doesnt really say anythin more then it was already stated at this article, he didn't write that its a new FT he simply said its a new project which is basicly the same what was said here anyway hope we get more info today or within the next days Smile
Catsplay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
CyberLance wrote:
Well 2 of the 3 big main villains of Naruto Madara and Kaguya were only around during the end of the series and the big main villain of Bleach Juha Ywach did not show up until the final arc of the series started so if there will be new more powerful villains in Fairy Tail it probably does not matter that much if they cant be around for many arcs.

Yeah, that was my main point. You didn't have villains in Naruto/Bleach that were around from the begging, and are still the main bads in the series, like you have in Fairy Tail.

While the current arc may not be the last one, I'd be surprised if it isn't part of a lead in to the end of the series.

I would be surprised to see a whole new villain introduced as the big bad in this one. Mainly because, as I said earlier, we've had 50+ volumes of manga with 2 central villains. Wouldn't be against someone new popping up, and there is Zeref's curse.

But, I'd say that in dealing with Zeref, they'll have to be dealing with the being behind the curse. So, you'd be getting 2 birds with one stone.

Zeref wasn't officially introduced until volume 24 of the manga, and like episode 97 of the anime. While his name was thrown around here or there by previous villains, he wasn't established as one of the big bads until Tenrou Island, and even then he's always been shown to be a tragic figure once introduced, far from the evil wizard he was hyped up to be.

Most likely the god that cursed him will end up being the main villain, since Zeref himself isn't truly a villain by any means. Even Acnologia doesn't seem to be that much of a villain, since his goal is literally to destroy all the dragons and dragon slayers, which whatever his backstory ends up being could paint him as a tragic figure as well.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
CyberLance wrote:
Well 2 of the 3 big main villains of Naruto Madara and Kaguya were only around during the end of the series and the big main villain of Bleach Juha Ywach did not show up until the final arc of the series started so if there will be new more powerful villains in Fairy Tail it probably does not matter that much if they cant be around for many arcs.

Yeah, that was my main point. You didn't have villains in Naruto/Bleach that were around from the begging, and are still the main bads in the series, like you have in Fairy Tail.

While the current arc may not be the last one, I'd be surprised if it isn't part of a lead in to the end of the series.

I would be surprised to see a whole new villain introduced as the big bad in this one. Mainly because, as I said earlier, we've had 50+ volumes of manga with 2 central villains. Wouldn't be against someone new popping up, and there is Zeref's curse.

But, I'd say that in dealing with Zeref, they'll have to be dealing with the being behind the curse. So, you'd be getting 2 birds with one stone.

Zeref wasn't officially introduced until volume 24 of the manga, and like episode 97 of the anime. While his name was thrown around here or there by previous villains, he wasn't established as one of the big bads until Tenrou Island, and even then he's always been shown to be a tragic figure once introduced, far from the evil wizard he was hyped up to be.

Most likely the god that cursed him will end up being the main villain, since Zeref himself isn't truly a villain by any means. Even Acnologia doesn't seem to be that much of a villain, since his goal is literally to destroy all the dragons and dragon slayers, which whatever his backstory ends up being could paint him as a tragic figure as well.

well one thing we learned from FT is that pretty much every evil character had some tragic backstory we can see that clearly for example when FT had fights against 2 of thoose evil guilds...^^
CyberLance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:46 am Reply with quote
Ahmazein wrote:
All the talk in here about thinking the series will go on with new villans after Zeref and such.

Am i one of the few who hopes it is the end? I love Fairy Tail and all, but i would rather see it end, with good closure then and there. Then have them keep it going and all like that did with Naruto/Bleach/Etc and all? I prefer closure and a good ending, rather then "forcing" it to continue. End it on a high note honestly.

I want the mangas, animes and other stuff i follow to live for as long as possible so i can enjoy and spend time with the lovable characters and the interesting Worlds for many many years and unlike many people nowadays i dont think that something must turn bad only because it lives for a long time at all.

As long as the creators still put heart into it and love what they are doing it will continue to be great and thats why the Simpsons for example is not as great as it used to be because the creators only make new episodes for money now and does not really care about the show anymore.

The longer these mangas and animes go on the more can we learn about the characters and the worlds and the more interesting characters can be introduced and the more interesting storys and adventures can the characters get into.

Naruto and Bleach are still just as great as they have always been to me and same with Fairy Tail.
I would love it if Fairy Tail would continue for just as many more chapters as it got right now and way more.
I want the day when Fairy Tail and the other shounens end and its time to say good bye to the characters and the Worlds forever to be as far away as possible.

And just want to post that Hiro Mashima confirmed on his Twitter that they are working on a new Fairy Tail anime again here so more people hopefully see it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/22/fairy-tail-author-offers-some-english-comments-on-anime-plans
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4