• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Love Live! Sunshine!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Are you kidding me?? It didn't live up to the message?? Sorry but this review is so out there. This totally did live up to the hype of the episode. It shows how much of a powerful rival Saint Snow was to Aqours and how much it matters that they were present. Also, Hanamaru and Yohane were there to support Ruby!! Also, this had so much character development. This episode was about both Ria(Leah) and Ruby showing their sisters how much they can progress without them. It's sad to see that you couldn't see the actually message in this. Also, it was a never before seen collab between the main group and the rival group. Alsp, the reason Yohane and Hanamaru were present in this episode was because you have to rememver they are trying to prove themselves as well. And the insert song didn't seem forced into it. It was planned from the last episode and was very emotional in terms of Ruby and Ria(Leah) growing up and a great way to close the chapter on the disbanding of Saint Snow. It also showed both girls going out of their comfort zone and showing how they'll try to prove that their sisters can graduate without worry. This review was just sad. I feel like the reviewer missed the entire message completely. This was an A+ not a B.
WingKing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:59 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
Are you kidding me?? It didn't live up to the message?? Sorry but this review is so out there. This totally did live up to the hype of the episode. It shows how much of a powerful rival Saint Snow was to Aqours and how much it matters that they were present. Also, Hanamaru and Yohane were there to support Ruby!! Also, this had so much character development. This episode was about both Ria(Leah) and Ruby showing their sisters how much they can progress without them. It's sad to see that you couldn't see the actually message in this. Also, it was a never before seen collab between the main group and the rival group. Alsp, the reason Yohane and Hanamaru were present in this episode was because you have to rememver they are trying to prove themselves as well. And the insert song didn't seem forced into it. It was planned from the last episode and was very emotional in terms of Ruby and Ria(Leah) growing up and a great way to close the chapter on the disbanding of Saint Snow. It also showed both girls going out of their comfort zone and showing how they'll try to prove that their sisters can graduate without worry. This review was just sad. I feel like the reviewer missed the entire message completely. This was an A+ not a B.

Eh, reviewers are entitled to their opinions. I'm not really fussed about how Bamboo graded it. I'm much more disappointed in the community score, which currently has this as the lowest-rated episode of the season. That seems way too harsh. I'm admittedly a big fan of Ruby (and Hanamaru), but even if I set my personal biases aside I still thought it was much better than episodes 3, 5 and 6, for instance. That said, as a fan of those two, I loved this arc. Ruby finally got her chance to shine and show what her real character is like beyond just being "the shy girl," and this episode was also the first time in a long time that Hanamaru got a break from being a comedy character and had a chance to show some of her best qualities again, with the way she showed empathy and understanding towards Leah at the restaurant and supported Ruby's efforts throughout as best she could. I liked the new song, too, although I do wish the episode had just given us a straight Ruby/Leah duet instead of jumping right into the full group version, but that's my only real quibble.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:02 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:
words....

Eh, reviewers are entitled to their opinions. I'm not really fussed about how Bamboo graded it. I'm much more disappointed in the community score, which currently has this as the lowest-rated episode of the season. That seems way too harsh. I'm admittedly a big fan of Ruby (and Hanamaru), but even if I set my personal biases aside I still thought it was much better than episodes 3, 5 and 6, for instance. That said, as a fan of those two, I loved this arc. Ruby finally got her chance to shine and show what her real character is like beyond just being "the shy girl," and this episode was also the first time in a long time that Hanamaru got a break from being a comedy character and had a chance to show some of her best qualities again, with the way she showed empathy and understanding towards Leah at the restaurant and supported Ruby's efforts throughout as best she could. I liked the new song, too, although I do wish the episode had just given us a straight Ruby/Leah duet instead of jumping right into the full group version, but that's my only real quibble.

I agree. The community here sucks so bad sometimes. Elsewhere this episode has at least a 4.5/5 or higher. It was even trending in Japan for the entire day and even trending worldwide. This site is so embarrassing in how bias and bad it is. I swear. This was a great episode. Obviously some people don't see what I see but still, it's a damn shame.
Millhi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, maybe they shouldn't be dancing in the middle of the street; it's unsafe.

While true, I had to laugh at this part. Where's the time when muse sang on a rooftop and in the middle of an airport with moving airplanes. This seems like a most normal thing LLS would do.

While not the biggest fan of the past 2 eps it made me appreciate Ruby and the weakest part of these 2 ep was still a better watch then watching them looking at a screen waiting on applications for half an episode in ep 7 s2 (why is s2 even labeled as ep13+???, if the eps were labeled as such sure but they aren't)

The set-up for these 2 eps was also clear with one being lost by not having the cms/announcements after each ep. One was to give Ruby some spotlight and well deserved character development, the other was was to introduce Hakodate Festival next year in golden week with Saint Snow's (and aqours subunits) actual first live performance. (and own CD with the SAS song as third track available)
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:22 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
Quote:

While true, I had to laugh at this part. Where's the time when muse sang on a rooftop and in the middle of an airport with moving airplanes. This seems like a most normal thing LLS would do.

Yeah... The first episode of LL ended with Honoka ran out into the middle of Tokyo's street and danced around cars... so I'm not sure why there's a need to call attention that part now.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:59 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
The set-up for these 2 eps was also clear with one being lost by not having the cms/announcements after each ep. One was to give Ruby some spotlight and well deserved character development, the other was was to introduce Hakodate Festival next year in golden week with Saint Snow's (and aqours subunits) actual first live performance. (and own CD with the SAS song as third track available)

Thanks for this detail, BTW. The ways they tie these idol shows together with their corresponding real-world idol units and events is really remarkable.
Nihilistic_Boi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 am Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:

I agree. The community here sucks so bad sometimes. Elsewhere this episode has at least a 4.5/5 or higher. It was even trending in Japan for the entire day and even trending worldwide. This site is so embarrassing in how bias and bad it is. I swear. This was a great episode. Obviously some people don't see what I see but still, it's a damn shame.

Wait, so the community here sucks, is bad and biased just because people have different tastes and opinions? Really? Sorry if not everyone is head over heels in love with Love Live, but you're acting like a salty fanboy with that comment.

Offtopic: this is the first time I've seen a comment so ridiculous that it forced me to create an account just to reply. But then again, I don't visist ANN forums too much.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quote
Nihilistic_Person wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:

Wait, so the community here sucks, is bad and biased just because people have different tastes and opinions? Really? Sorry if not everyone is head over heels in love with Love Live, but you're acting like a salty fanboy with that comment.

Offtopic: this is the first time I've seen a comment so ridiculous that it forced me to create an account just to reply. But then again, I don't visist ANN forums too much.

It's just not with this show though. But whatever, no one cares. I was just saying that the community here is really bad. And this forum is for people who watch the show so my comment was only natural. I thought it you like the show you comment here. No need to be rude either. Again, the community here is seriously toxic.
Nihilistic_Boi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:13 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:

It's just not with this show though. But whatever, no one cares. I was just saying that the community here is really bad. And this forum is for people who watch the show so my comment was only natural. I thought it you like the show you comment here. No need to be rude either. Again, the community here is seriously toxic.

Sorry if I sounded rude, it's just that your comment was incredibly dumb to me. But really, your logic boils down to "they don't have the same taste / opinions as me so they're all toxic".

Look, I like Love Live, its my guilty pleasure, but so far Sunshine has been a huge disapointment to me since its first season and that's my opinion about it, so I wouldn't give it high scores either. Does that make me a bad or toxic person? Just because I don't like the anime as much as you? You gotta understand that everyone has different tastes and opinions and that's why scores will differ between different communities. But if for you that's a sign of toxicity and a bad community, then that's your problem
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Nihilistic_Person wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:

Sorry if I sounded rude, it's just that your comment was incredibly dumb to me. But really, your logic boils down to "they don't have the same taste / opinions as me so they're all toxic".

Look, I like Love Live, its my guilty pleasure, but so far Sunshine has been a huge disapointment to me since its first season and that's my opinion about it, so I wouldn't give it high scores either. Does that make me a bad or toxic person? Just because I don't like the anime as much as you? You gotta understand that everyone has different tastes and opinions and that's why scores will differ between different communities. But if for you that's a sign of toxicity and a bad community, then that's your problem

Uh, okay. I didn't mean to say it that way. But still, everyone is putting it down. People either want something emotional or just hapoy gags and it's confusing me on what people really want to see from this anime. Sorry, I just have never seen this show been put down so much except on this site and it's for all the other anime as well. Like welcome to the ballroom, HnK or anything else.
Nihilistic_Boi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:

Uh, okay. I didn't mean to say it that way. But still, everyone is putting it down. People either want something emotional or just hapoy gags and it's confusing me on what people really want to see from this anime. Sorry, I just have never seen this show been put down so much except on this site and it's for all the other anime as well. Like welcome to the ballroom, HnK or anything else.

See, now you've made it all clear. Your problem is not about people being toxic, but people being overly critical about anime in general and being ambiguous about what they want from it.

But that isn't a sign of toxicity or a bad community though, it's just that apparently many people happen to share the same opinions (probably of dislike) about those anime here and that's why you see mostly negative feedback in these forums.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
Spotted on Twitter: Saint Snow nesoberis:

It's surprising to me how much time and effort they're putting into Saint Snow as we approach the end of Sunshine, building up the characters of Sarah and Leah, putting out singles as "Saint Aqours Snow", having them perform in lives, etc.

Taking this a step further, Wake Up, Girls! has turned into epic idol politics this season, with viewers now expected to keep track of five different idol groups, one of whom is a Hatsune Miku-style smartphone app. It's totally nuts.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:41 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, this. Susume -> Tomorrow immediately comes to mind. Besides, it's the middle of the Christmas Festival they're holding. There aren't going to be any cars coming through there in the middle of their performance.

Also, Awaken the Power is the title track of the Saint Aqours Snow CD, the other two (non off vocal) songs are the other two Saint Snow insert songs from this season (Crash Mind and Drop Out?) though the song listing that Lantis put out on their ad for it I saw in their YouTube account showed that the second one would be Saint Aqours Snow as well, which is weird to me, since that song was the one they failed out of the Hokkaido qualifiers with due to Ria's fall there two episodes ago. (EDIT: Welp, never mind, Lantis corrected it in he song preview video, Drop Out is Saint Snow only again)

Oh, and three drama tracks as well. Still, the cover art for the CD is nice, and having the rival group actually perform live alongside the main group is nice, though I guess this means that Saint Snow won't be at Third Live next year to do Awaken the Power with Aqours, assuming they do that song there as well. Too bad, it would've been nice to see. We never got A-RISE to perform with Muse during the original Love Lives, which is a shame too.

Also, seeing all the social media stuff around this episode with the Aqours seiyuus hanging with the two from Saint Snow was super cute. And those nesos too!
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:03 am Reply with quote
So, the episode merch for season 2, episode 10 is based on Mari's star map, except instead of being a working cardboard star map like you get at planetariums, it's a round blanket patterned after the star map. Good for keeping warm when you sleep all night in a minivan, I guess.
Nate148

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
to be fair Wake Up, Girls! had the 3rd grope show up in the 2 movies that are japan only for now
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 16