• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Keijo!!!!!!!! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Keijo!!!!!!!! (TV)

Genres: tournament
Themes: ecchi, fanservice

Plot Summary: "Keijo" is a popular gambling sport where contestants stand on platforms floating on the water and must use their butts and chests to fight against each other to push each other off the platform. Nozomi Kaminashi, a high school student, aims to join the sport after she graduates. Nozomi was raised in a poor family and hopes to make lots of money by playing Keijo. She grew up training in gymnastics, and she has good balance and flexibility. After high school, Nozomi joins a training boarding school and enters the world of Keijo.
----------------------------------
LOL, watching this show for the fun. I mean, there's quite a bit of that in the preview already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Sooo...I watched the first episode today.

We got competition with boobs, butts, and swimsuits! Game on! I'm ready for more!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
The first episode had me smiling from ear to ear. It was everything I ever wished for! Only yuri could make this show better. Looking forward to the next episode!
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I had to check this out simply because of that ridiculous title. Keijo is also a Finnish name, and somehow I've always found the name a bit funny. So I chuckle everytime I see Keijo in the subtitles. "Keijo is so awesome!" So it is.

Well, it was dumb, but kinda awesome too. I'll watch this. I like the main character. She's straightforward and hard-working. She'll be fun to watch.
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Since way back, i have loved fan-service shows. Just as long, my big gripe with so many of them has been that they only focus on half of their premise, especially the action shows (Queens blade has sub-par battles, for instance).

UNTIL TODAY! Seriously, even if you exchanged the sport for something less "plot driven", this was still a pretty friggin' good first episode for a hot blooded sport show. The OP was energetic and highlighted the athletes and their styles, the competitions was fast but also well animated in places and the characters where all well defined, likable and fun to watch. Here's to hoping they can keep it up for rest of the season, definitely following this one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Laughing
Why did I find this so enjoyable? There was a girls wrestling anime a while back that I could not take much of, that this fan service driven sports anime has kind of got me wanting to watch more. A reason I might give is that through all the boob and butt battles we saw, it did not feel like these girls were being humiliated and we were expected to enjoy them feeling uncomfortable, they felt like it was their own choice. Next I would say it was that it did not take itself seriously by actually taking it over the top serious. I laughed at the ridiculous battle techniques, a stand out being where the small breasted character used a technique that made it looked like she had large breasts by using her butt, creating an illusion. It reminds me a bit of Bento.

I mean you can't it is a "good" show, but strangely it was actually good by owning what it is. I have seen what I think is part of the sport with Dead or Alive Xtreme, it is a kind of shameless pandering part of it that I think gets pointed out for how it represents what it is, and Keijo feels like has embraced it.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
"Asstrology". "Boobology". This stuff is gold. Stay clASSy, Keijo.

That training was super intense. And Nozomi's special attack was worthy of Senran Kagura! All in all a great episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Yeah, this is a keeper, even outside of fanservice value. The best bits are really the absurdity of the mix between the elements. I seriously burst out with the reveal of "Vacuum Butt cannon". And yet despite the absurdity it kind of takes its sport seriously.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Oh man, this episode..
They wasted no time with the keijo battles and I have to say, it gave me a laugh after seeing the "hypnotic boobs". Really, this show has all sorts of strategies when it comes to winning huh? Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
This was a fun episode, I really kind of love how it is able to sell this ridiculous set up. I was pretty much laughing at just the title, “The Battle for the Fastest Butt”, and the episode in general did not disappoint. Interesting that they set us up thinking that they all will succeed, before the third member losing, and it was from hypnosis from using breasts.

A podcast I listened to recently had some people talking about how things had changed from the manga to the anime, like it had cheapened the appeal of the series, but honestly this is still a lot of fun. I would say as long as it holds off on embarrassment parts.
Windshear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Ok I have been seeing the series in both Japanese and English dub and I must say I'm delighted at the fact they got such a superb cast for voicing most of the girls (Rinrin sounds a bit older than she looks tho)
But aside from the fanservice that we get their actual training and growth is truly genuine
And it's very interesting to see the girls develop to unleash their potential, that said
Non is soo adorable as she is putting effort into it but her being a little klutzy is just cute despite she tries very hard to not be one,
Aoba she's also cute and smart with her "scan hand" that allowed her to "read" her opponents patterns like A psychic
Miata she's truly a strong contender/competitor showing Rin who's the faster "Butt" fighter
and her friendship with Nozomi the way they support each other in their own way is truly awesome,
Nokomis the rising Star full of "pep" high spirited is quite the inspirational girl who strives to become the very best, I can't put down her ambitions but everything is learned in "baby steps" you just don't become pro overnight.
So we'll see how well she overcomes the future obstacles to come
Windshear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:
"Asstrology". "Boobology". This stuff is gold. Stay clASSy, Keijo.

That training was super intense. And Nozomi's special attack was worthy of Senran Kagura! All in all a great episode.

Her attack worthy of Senran Kagura??? But those girls are ninjas she would have to up her game much more to be in their league (if you wanted her to be a fighter like them)
Perhaps in a video game crossover type like how this girl Ayane from Dead or Alive is a guest playable character in their PS3 game
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
Don't know about you guys, but I'd rather they stay in the one pieces than switch to bikinis.
Windshear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
The motive behind them using bikinis is also part of their skill to not end up in the buff before a stadium full audience, so it's both a challenge as well as a fashion statement
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
So do we get to see the Gate of Boobylon, or whatever it is, next week?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2