• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond TV Anime Premieres in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quote
First season was amazing, can't wait to watch. I hope it's good.

firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet hopfuly Funi can simuldub this

This. Goddamn that dub was sooo good.
dackquiri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:01 am Reply with quote
I'm interpreting that "more faithful adaptation" line to mean that they're not even gonna try with a serial B-plot like the first season did. For the best, definitely. I know it turned a lot of people off, and even for people like me who adored it, I wouldn't want anyone who wasn't Matsumoto attempting something like that.

penguintruth wrote:
Are there still enough interested viewers? This show seemed to fizzle out to me. Lots of great potential squandered.

Not over here, but it's been doing gangbusters in Japan.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:10 am Reply with quote
dackquiri wrote:
I'm interpreting that "more faithful adaptation" line to mean that they're not even gonna try with a serial B-plot like the first season did. For the best, definitely. I know it turned a lot of people off, and even for people like me who adored it, I wouldn't want anyone who wasn't Matsumoto attempting something like that.

penguintruth wrote:
Are there still enough interested viewers? This show seemed to fizzle out to me. Lots of great potential squandered.

Was there enough complaints about Kekkai Sensen's original run that there going to do a REBOOT? This what it sounds like verses a season 2. Which annoys me little. I enjoyed hell out of the series, but this doesn't sound like new matertial. It's a correction to the story we've already seen....am i wrong?
dackquiri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
dackquiri wrote:

Was there enough complaints about Kekkai Sensen's original run that there going to do a REBOOT? This what it sounds like verses a season 2. Which annoys me little. I enjoyed hell out of the series, but this doesn't sound like new matertial. It's a correction to the story we've already seen....am i wrong?

Ohh, don't worry, that's absolutely not what's happening. The teaser vid listed the manga chapters they were adapting, and they were all ones the first season skipped over or after their adaptation run concluded. No repeats.
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see more of BBB animated but I'd rather Dark Horse get off their butts and continue the manga releases.
Nyron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Great news. Matsumoto is a hack.

"Lol lets completely write out the whole main cast and focus on a boring albino wife and a nonsense villain"
Vizo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see at least a release month and that it will follow the manga. I really want to see everyone's backstories.Very Happy
Suena

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Hope the animation is as good as the first season, but less chaotic, and the story more cohesive and grounded aswell.

If it's going to stay faithful to the manga, it will have to be even more "chaotic" and "uncohesive" than the first season. Laughing
Axbox360

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:

"Lol lets completely write out the whole main cast and focus on a boring albino wife and a nonsense villain"

They weren't boring. They were the most interesting characters in the whole show.
dackquiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Axbox360 wrote:
Nyron wrote:

They weren't boring. They were the most interesting characters in the whole show.

Seriously. I can understand how that serial arc might not be for everyone if you need your shounen action pure and uncut, but I loved that shift from the calamitous chaos to the domestic "when the dust settles", a tremendous slow-burn mystery, and some top-notch character drama. Makes the whole conceit of a supernaturally-overrun NYC more fleshed out and complete a vision.

But again, I get that it's not for everyone, but at least be fair—serial arc or no, the adaptation was gorgeous, slick as hell and executed phenomenally for source material that has a tendency to get ambitious and visually confusing. A lot of good directors would've choked. "Hack" is just invalidly hyperbolic. (Also, no one was "written out". Some characters were left underutilized as the episodes that focused on them were shaved off, yes, but probably had more to do with getting the last of the main cast introduced before the finale.)
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:59 pm Reply with quote
dackquiri wrote:
Axbox360 wrote:
Nyron wrote:

Seriously. I can understand how that serial arc might not be for everyone if you need your shounen action pure and uncut, but I loved that shift from the calamitous chaos to the domestic "when the dust settles", a tremendous slow-burn mystery, and some top-notch character drama. Makes the whole conceit of a supernaturally-overrun NYC more fleshed out and complete a vision.

But again, I get that it's not for everyone, but at least be fair—serial arc or no, the adaptation was gorgeous, slick as hell and executed phenomenally for source material that has a tendency to get ambitious and visually confusing. A lot of good directors would've choked. "Hack" is just invalidly hyperbolic. (Also, no one was "written out". Some characters were left underutilized as the episodes that focused on them were shaved off, yes, but probably had more to do with getting the last of the main cast introduced before the finale.)

Agreed, they did a fantastic job. That strength of that original story, plus the return of the main cast of Libra who will hopefully be further fleshed out with the show continuing, is truly one of the reasons I can't wait for this to be back. The combination of all of the first season's elements got me hooked on the show.

dackquiri wrote:

Personally I'd say it's just fine here too. I think there's a lot of hype for this finally getting more episodes here as well.

Also, Funi and Toonami should really get the first season (and this upcoming one) on TV. It'd be perfect for the block.
There's actually a good number of shows I'd really like to see find their way onto Toonami now, this, AoT and BE S2, MHA, Psycho-Pass, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2