• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami to Air Black Clover Anime Starting December 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
CookieXL wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

Maybe there's a good reason for it.

Is there really? I think people are just blowing up because a show they dislike is getting attention.

People are just overreacting when it comes to BC. The series is fine and enjoyable. Does it have the Naruto vibe? Yes, but it's not a clone of Naruto, because later in the story it goes it's separate way, heck even the author himself makes fun of the Shounen genre in BC, maybe because of what happened to his other series that got axed, because that series is way different than what he does now with BC.

Nah, it isn't that good and people need to stop defending it like its going to save anime. People are overhyping this series and it doesn't do anything good. The author was too lazy to come up with something new or at least try to make his series different and twist some of the shonen tropes. Sorry its Naruto + Fairy Tail fusion no matter how you try to say it. I expected more from the series like this in 2017, but it has failed to live up to my expectations.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
CookieXL wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

Is there really? I think people are just blowing up because a show they dislike is getting attention.

People are just overreacting when it comes to BC. The series is fine and enjoyable. Does it have the Naruto vibe? Yes, but it's not a clone of Naruto, because later in the story it goes it's separate way, heck even the author himself makes fun of the Shounen genre in BC, maybe because of what happened to his other series that got axed, because that series is way different than what he does now with BC.

Nah, it isn't that good and people need to stop defending it like its going to save anime. People are overhyping this series and it doesn't do anything good. The author was too lazy to come up with something new or at least try to make his series different and twist some of the shonen tropes. Sorry its Naruto + Fairy Tail fusion no matter how you try to say it. I expected more from the series like this in 2017, but it has failed to live up to my expectations.

Just let people give it a chance and we will see how it goes. From what I've heard it gets better later on.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I must confess I haven't seen "Black Clover" yet. I just don't really have an opinion of it,one way or the other. Guess I'm going to have to wait until December 2nd to see it. I'm willing to give the show a chance. I just hope it's good. Neutral
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
CookieXL wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

This is a bad comment. I like how you call the author lazy. Makes you sound very knowledgeable.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I wish Toonami air more Seinen anime. They aired Parasyte, Michiko & Hatchin, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon and that's pretty much about it from what I can remember. The kids that watch Toonami back in the day are grown up now and it's on late night TV. I would like to see more adult theme anime on Toonami.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Spawn29 wrote:
I wish Toonami air more Seinen anime. They aired Parasyte, Michiko & Hatchin, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon and that's pretty much about it from what I can remember. The kids that watch Toonami back in the day are grown up now and it's on late night TV. I would like to see more adult theme anime on Toonami.

Huh? They aired Tokyo Ghoul a few months ago.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
"They're trying to make Black Clover the next Naruto"--a bunch of disappointed posters.

And yet Boruto, which is literally the sequel to Naruto, is not getting a Toonami run (yet).Laughing

Oh, well, chalk me up as another disappointed poster. I have nothing against Black Clover, but I would much prefer Mob Psycho 100, Blood Blockade Battlefront, My Hero Academia, or any number of more exciting shows.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Seems like such a waste to introduce a new extended Toonami by putting such a generic and (going to be) long running show like BC in the lineup. Will probably lose that extra 30 minutes soon which is sad. I will still support them, but man, what a miss for them.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Spawn29 wrote:

Huh? They aired Tokyo Ghoul a few months ago.

I keep on forgetting that Tokyo Ghoul that is Seinen. Besides Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte, Michiko & Hatchin, Lupin the Third, Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon that's all I can think of Seinen anime titles that aired on the current Toonami (Not counting Outlaw Star, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. and Cowboy Bebop since those are re-runs).

I think Psycho Pass, Gangsta, Drifters and Inuyashiki (When it gets dubbed) would fit on Toonami pretty well. I hope one of those would air on TV.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, but why would anybody in this thread care about Toonami? I'm assuming most of us watch titles that eventually show up there through the various streaming services. What's the appeal of watching anything on Toonami? I'm in Canada, so I don't get the service in any case. Aren't there commercials you have to sit through? I really don't get why anybody in 2017 would enjoy watching anime off "regular" TV.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, but why would anybody in this thread care about Toonami? I'm assuming most of us watch titles that eventually show up there through the various streaming services. What's the appeal of watching anything on Toonami? I'm in Canada, so I don't get the service in any case. Aren't there commercials you have to sit through? I really don't get why anybody in 2017 would enjoy watching anime off "regular" TV.

Some of us like to spend our Saturday night watching an entire block dedicated to anime, and likely not everyone watches subs or wants to pay a subscription service to watch dubs either. You're like the second person I've noticed here that's asked this "Why Toonami?" question.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm Reply with quote
well, it motivates me to watch shows I haven't seen before. I'm only watching JoJo, Lupin 3rd part 4, Hunter x Hunter and Dragon Ball Super, because they are on toonami. I had very little interest in watching them before they were added. yes, there are commercials in the middle, but I record them on the DVR and watch later
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Some of us like to spend our Saturday night watching an entire block dedicated to anime, and likely not everyone watches subs or wants to pay a subscription service to watch dubs either. You're like the second person I've noticed here that's asked this "Why Toonami?" question.

I think it's a valid question. Cable TV seems so 20th century. Anime fans tend to be younger (unlike me) and it kind of surprises me that a chunk of them still bother with this ancient method of watching stuff.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I think it's a valid question. Cable TV seems so 20th century. Anime fans tend to be younger (unlike me) and it kind of surprises me that a chunk of them still bother with this ancient method of watching stuff.

Believe it or not, there are some folks that still watch cable TV. I just find it convenient personally, since I work Monday through Friday and don't have really the time or energy after work to watch anime.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Personally, it would bother me to have to wait until Toonami's schedule to see a show I really liked. It was hard enough waiting for Fate/Apocrypha to finally drop on Netflix. By the way, just so that I'm clear, I'm not dissing anybody who watches Toonami. It just surprised me that people still cared about consuming anime in this particular fashion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7