• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Thrills and Horror in A.I.C.O. Incarnation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:
the dub was handled by a studio in Miami that usually produce the some of the worst and cheapest Spanish and Portuguese dubs for the Latin American market,and most of the VAs are not even native-english speakers,who can't act for shit in their own languages to begin with.
Well that would explain why the English dub is atrocious. The acting was bad but it was the script that made it feel like a machine translation. I hope this cheap decision was an anomaly and not a sign of what to expect from Netflix in the future.

That is really disappointing to hear, especially since it's not like Netflix hasn't been able to come up with good English dubs, though the key difference seems to be that those were done by LA studios with access to plenty of good actors with anime and game experience.

I also hope this isn't going to be a common occurrence. If Netflix is going to get as aggressive about the anime market as it says, then I'm a bit worried that they'll make the same mistake other big companies have made in the past by cutting corners and assuming anime fans won't notice or care.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2