• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Those last episodes proved that Mista is the best friend you can have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:

I will say Golden Wind had possibly the best Joebros. I honestly think Buccaretti is more the main character of the story than Giorno was and while his stand was more basic, he absolutely pushed it to the limit which made his fights much more distinctive. The characterization of the team in general was pretty strong and all of them were given time to shine, which I appreciated.

Well, i can definitely agree with this. Bruno and the gang really grew on me and their deaths hit hard (which is part of the JoJo experience, so it's a plus). Crying or Very sad

But i wouldn't call this arc "weak" overall. Okay, that ending was...weird, but i loved everything else, most of the villains were interesting, the setting was beautiful and the outfits were more stylish than ever!

Already looking forward to the next arc! Cool
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Avert wrote:

I think that would have done more harm than good. The impression I've gotten from interviews Araki has had is that the editors were already making him change a lot of things in the stories, and had a heavy sway on things. Part 6 in particular seems to have suffered from this the most, though it's an amazing part anyways. I just don't think heavier editing would necessarily have had a positive effect on the story Araki was writing, and would probably have just limited it more in a bad way.

Let's be honest with ourselves though Araki hindered by editors wouldn't be any worse than Araki unhindered with editors.
Avert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:27 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Let's be honest with ourselves though Araki hindered by editors wouldn't be any worse than Araki unhindered with editors.

Idk. Araki switched to Ultra Jump after Part 6 and went on to write Steel Ball Run, which many consider to be one of the best stories he's ever written. I'm pretty sure that the switch afforded him less editor interference since they weren't trying to make sure his works conformed with what was popular in WSJ at the time. His work in WSJ vs Ultra Jump seems very different, so I'd say editors probably did make a difference, and he was likely given more creative freedom with the latter. I'm pretty sure half the stuff in SBR wouldn't fly in WSJ.
Though of course there's always JoJolion, which I love to death, but can be confusing, and sometimes makes me wish for a more focused plot.
Point being that Araki seems to be less hindered by editors after the switch, which I think has been positive overall, with some issues here and there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14