• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore Switch Game's Japanese Version Is Based on Wii U Game's Weste

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Second, why are people not allowed to complain about censorship?

Since you are supposed to accept the idea that tolerance is a one way street and that censorship of entertainment for guys is progress but the same people will than tweet yaoi fan art of MHA characters. I used to think that it was just arrogance and double standards but it is also the negative perception of men which is a major issue with modern western culture.

Crispy45 wrote:
I have to imagine it's only speculation because people right now are literally obsessed with China and are trying to scapegoat everything bad in the world on them. There is literally zero evidence this has anything at all to do with China other than they're the modern boogleymen for people at the moment.

Agreed, and the speculation that it was due to China looks like a convenient scapegoat.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:44 am Reply with quote
[quote="Chrono1000"] I used to think that it was just arrogance and double standards but it is also the negative perception of men which is a major issue with modern western culture.
Commander Cluck wrote:
eption men in the west unless you mean negative view of men who engage in sexism and racism, and in the process make other men look bad.

[quote="Commander Cluck"]That's pretty amazing to see a Wii U game so high up and even doing better than a Switch game.

Which is funny because it's still putting money in Sega and Nintendo's pocket regardless of what version gets bought, since as you know Japan doesn't have a used video game market.

#901581 wrote:
This site is like The Twilight Zone of anime/gaming fans, wow. People actually promoting censorship of make-believe people/situations,

People getting turned on by make-believe people/situations is any less absurd?
Commander Cluck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:52 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Which is funny because it's still putting money in Sega and Nintendo's pocket regardless of what version gets bought, since as you know Japan doesn't have a used video game market.

I can only speak for myself but I don't think anyone is boycotting Sega or Nintendo. They're just choosing to buy the not-censored version of the game. Not much different than when a multi platform game comes out and people buy the Switch version over the PS4 version because it's the version that isn't censored.
Mallic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:21 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
People getting turned on by make-believe people/situations is any less absurd?

It's safe, no one gets hurt, you don't have to deal with the crippling depression of a messy break up and you can let your imagination go nuts.....i don't see the issue here. That's like criticizing people for getting turned on by 50 shades of grey or something...come on dude.

Commander Cluck wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I don't think anyone is boycotting Sega or Nintendo. They're just choosing to buy the not-censored version of the game. Not much different than when a multi platform game comes out and people buy the Switch version over the PS4 version because it's the version that isn't censored.

Same the issue is when people try to alter or dilute the creators original vision because they feel people might find it offensive. Spolier alert, if you waltz into any place and demanded that everything be changed just to satisfy you, guess what? You're a jerk, and nobody likes you. Leave it alone, and let the market decide whether it succeeds or not, if people don't buy it you'll never see it beyond that one instance.

Trying to force it to change to your sensibilities just makes like you look like a catholic from the 90's
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Commander Cluck wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I don't think anyone is boycotting Sega or Nintendo.

So all those people talking about boycotting the Switch version of the game aren't essentially boycotting Nintendo?

Mallic wrote:

It's safe, no one gets hurt, you don't have to deal with the crippling depression of a messy break up and you can let your imagination go nuts

Except some people do actually let their imaginations go wild in the real world especially when it comes to actual relationships.

Mallic wrote:

.....i don't see the issue here. That's like criticizing people for getting turned on by 50 shades of grey or somethingp

Except 50 Shades Of Gray is a trashy book/film that people have criticized for how it handles the relationship of the two leads.....that's really not an example you should've used to make your point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5