• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Bedknobs and Bunny Girl Senpai

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Jack_Knight wrote:

There are no multiple timelines, just Shoko's dreams and the real life, this is the one where the story continues.

You can't have time travel, which you do, without having multiple timelines. Whether its the body, thoughts, or dreams; something is traveling back to the past and changing it. Thus you have multiple timelines, outside of her dream simulations.

Now you could debate that you don't make new timelines when you change the past, but that is not a discussion for this topic or us arm chair temporal 'experts'.

Maybe the Langoliers eat the old timelines.........
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:12 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Maybe the Langoliers eat the old timelines.........

Great, now I can't get the image of a Langolier chasing Sakuta through an airport out of my head...
Aphasial
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:13 am Reply with quote
I have to agree with the above... Why even review it if you're already pre-disposed to dislike it based on your previous look at it? If this were a retelling or a significant shift, there might have been some value in a revised analysis, but it was clear that this was going to be a direct sequel to the original story.

This feels like the kind of thing an ANN editor might have suggested reconsidering, to be honest. Like the worst of Yahtzee's occasional phoned-in ZP episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3