• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: act-age Manga Volume Sales Indefinitely Suspended After Writer's Arrest

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:23 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
and fewer physical stores are listing it (Barnes & Noble still has copies of volumes 1 and 2 and BAM has copies of v1).

Barnes & Noble and Books a Million (BAM) are the two remaining biggest book stores out there. Nobody else out there other than RightStuf (for manga) really matter. Really don't see the other small retailers taking a loss on these manga, unless there is a distributor "buy back" program.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Kokushibou wrote:
Too bad for the artist though, all her hard work. And now her signature artstyle will be a reminder of act-age to many people which is not a good thing.

I am sure artist will be fine. She can always get a new job at a different manga publisher.
gerbx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:28 am Reply with quote
They didn't have to cancel the franchise over 1 guy. The other people didn't do anything wrong Sad
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:45 am Reply with quote
gerbx wrote:
They didn't have to cancel the franchise over 1 guy. The other people didn't do anything wrong Sad

He was the sole credited writer AND, with how copyright works within the manga industry, either shared or primary owner of the IP. They couldn't legally continue it without him/his approval.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2