• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Announces Inuyasha Spinoff Anime Yashahime's New, Returning Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 am Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Wow, they really did went the extra mile and brought back the original cast for the returning characters! Glad to be proven wrong! Welcome back, everyone! I guess remote dubbing definitely does have its advantages now more than ever because in this age, at least the Canadian voice actors don't need to leave the country and can just record from home after all as long as they got their voice equipment updated to fit the standard.

I wonder if we won't see more of that when it comes to reprising roles in the future? I'm sure the preference will still be to record in the studio, but we've seen that putting together entire episodes on a consistent schedule is doable remotely.

I was surprised to find out from a commentary track on Fruits Basket that Caitlin Glass had been going to LA to record with Laura Bailey, but I'm sure that isn't happening currently.

It would be pretty cool if actors relocating is no longer a major impediment to reprising roles
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:39 pm Reply with quote
This is really surprising most of dub VA to comeback doing the sequel, this just made my day. I'm willing to see if Bang Zoom Studio tech work is bridge the gap on having Canadian VA's show up regularly now with US together doing more anime dubs. Just imagine we can have Kelly Sheridan, Kirby Morrow and others Canadian VA involved with Bang Zoom and other anime and gaming projects.

It's truly been a long time coming.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this was fantastic news.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm Reply with quote
It's been announced Kirby Morrow has passed away. Daman Mills twitter I think announced it first, but now it's everywhere with the VAs.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm Reply with quote
crazieanimefan1 wrote:
It's been announced Kirby Morrow has passed away. Daman Mills twitter I think announced it first, but now it's everywhere with the VAs.

I just heard this. Heartbroken, wow. Sad

Rest In Peace
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3