• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Licenses Nana TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
You're probably right about the show's native resolution, but is 2006-07 "early 2000s" now? Though given Sentai's track record with the two formats, an in-house BD upscale will probably look better than SD-BD.

It's such a shame because their re-release of VOTOMS was mostly an improvement over the original releases with the exception of one of the compilation specials and the aspect ratio botch on Pailsen Files.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
BlueRex666 wrote:
I would have preferred Paradise Kiss, but I've heard good things about Nana.
Maybe I'll pick it up.

We're probably out of luck on Paradise Kiss, since it's an old Aniplex title, and Aniplex generally hasn't been licensing those out for awhile now.

I know, I just have that tiny sliver of hope in my heart that Aniplex might re-realease it (even at their overpriced cost).
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I will probably have to rebuy this in HD. Nana is one of my favs hands down, I own all the manga, dvds, cds, and other paraphernalia related to this show. I probably watch it once a year or every other year. I didn't realize until reading this thread that it had gone oop and was hard to get. I'm glad this may make it more available to others again.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:25 am Reply with quote
*bump*

The show is streaming on HiDive now and I can confirm that A Little Pain IS included. It's only present on the Japanese track while the Viz dub still uses Starless Night (though Sentai's English credits list A Little Pain there too).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3