• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Force Manga Enters Final Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:
I'll probably get hate for saying this, but if My Hero ends keeping its current quality then in my eyes it wont even be ending on a high note. Hopefully I don't get crucified for saying that lol.

I personally think My Hero Academia has been awesome lately, but I can see how it could fall apart if it starts to get too chaotic again. That's the problem I had with the previous arc.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:
Not to be a downer, but all 4 of those series could end on a low note. Naruto and Bleach didn't have too many complaints until like midway into their final arcs. Bleach did have some complaints during the Fullbring arc but, people were really enjoying the last arc until around its second half. And if I have learned anything over the years it is that it is almost always the final arc of a series where people start to say the quality has dropped.

I'll probably get hate for saying this, but if My Hero ends keeping its current quality then in my eyes it wont even be ending on a high note. Hopefully I don't get crucified for saying that lol.

What? Did you pay attention to the reception both Bleach and Naruto got later on? Because a lot of people were complaining about they're decline in quality way before they reached they're final arcs. Especially in Bleach's case, where the fans problems with it started to pile up during the Arrancar arc.
Touma55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:43 pm Reply with quote
JonDoe wrote:
Touma55 wrote:
Not to be a downer, but all 4 of those series could end on a low note. Naruto and Bleach didn't have too many complaints until like midway into their final arcs. Bleach did have some complaints during the Fullbring arc but, people were really enjoying the last arc until around its second half. And if I have learned anything over the years it is that it is almost always the final arc of a series where people start to say the quality has dropped.

What? Did you pay attention to the reception both Bleach and Naruto got later on? Because a lot of people were complaining about they're decline in quality way before they reached they're final arcs. Especially in Bleach's case, where the fans problems with it started to pile up during the Arrancar arc.

Of course I payed attention, but if we are talking about complaints on that level then none of the series being talked about on this forum have been received well at all for quite a long time. Can you give examples of straight up hate for Naruto or Bleach before their final arcs minus Bleach's full bring arc? The only point I can think of for Naruto that got large amounts of hate was the end of the Pain arc and for Bleach maybe the final fight of the Arrancar arc, but overall people were pretty fine with it especially in Japan as far as I saw. Not saying they didn't get any hate since that is pretty much impossible for any series, but not an amount were you could say most people thought they got bad.
StarDango

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:

Of course I payed attention, but if we are talking about complaints on that level then none of the series being talked about on this forum have been received well at all for quite a long time. Can you give examples of straight up hate for Naruto or Bleach before their final arcs minus Bleach's full bring arc? The only point I can think of for Naruto that got large amounts of hate was the end of the Pain arc and for Bleach maybe the final fight of the Arrancar arc, but overall people were pretty fine with it especially in Japan as far as I saw. Not saying they didn't get any hate since that is pretty much impossible for any series, but not an amount were you could say most people thought they got bad.

It’s all dependent on a person’s experience and where they hang out, I guess. None of the series I listed that are ending are getting any more hate than I would normally see for other series.

I just haven’t seen a lot of people arguing that the recent MHA, Dr. Stone, and Kaguya arcs have been terrible. At least so terrible that they haven’t “been received well at all for quite a long time.” I’ve seen more of a mix of hyped fans and critical fans. Which is normal for big name franchises. And just because those fans are critical doesn’t mean they think the series is suddenly bad or that they hate it.

It’s just the same kind of reception I’ve seen before in the years I’ve been involved in the Western anime/manga community.

Hell, for a long time I’ve heard so much complaining from hardcore Naruto and Bleach fans about anything and everything regarding their respective series. Hell, I’ve even met fans who abandoned Bleach and/or started treating every new chapter like a joke way before the final arc. Again, it’s all dependent on what social circles you hang around, I guess.

Maybe the series I listed, including Fire Force, could end on a low note. Maybe they can end on a high. But I don’t want to be pessimistic about it because none of us know what is happening behind the scenes. It doesn’t help that most Mangakas are held on a tight leash and cannot do everything they want, whenever they want. The fast paced deadlines can and has forced a lot of cut corners in their stories.

All I know is that it just feels weird and melancholy that a lot of series I’ve been following since release date are ending and I hope the Mangaka can end it on their terms.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious if the anime will come back to adapt the story in its entirety.
Touma55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:18 pm Reply with quote
StarDango wrote:
Touma55 wrote:

Of course I payed attention, but if we are talking about complaints on that level then none of the series being talked about on this forum have been received well at all for quite a long time.

It’s all dependent on a person’s experience and where they hang out, I guess. None of the series I listed that are ending are getting any more hate than I would normally see for other series.

I just haven’t seen a lot of people arguing that the recent MHA, Dr. Stone, and Kaguya arcs have been terrible. At least so terrible that they haven’t “been received well at all for quite a long time.” I’ve seen more of a mix of hyped fans and critical fans. Which is normal for big name franchises. And just because those fans are critical doesn’t mean they think the series is suddenly bad or that they hate it.

It’s just the same kind of reception I’ve seen before in the years I’ve been involved in the Western anime/manga community.

Hell, for a long time I’ve heard so much complaining from hardcore Naruto and Bleach fans about anything and everything regarding their respective series. Hell, I’ve even met fans who abandoned Bleach and/or started treating every new chapter like a joke way before the final arc. Again, it’s all dependent on what social circles you hang around, I guess.

Maybe the series I listed, including Fire Force, could end on a low note. Maybe they can end on a high. But I don’t want to be pessimistic about it because none of us know what is happening behind the scenes. It doesn’t help that most Mangakas are held on a tight leash and cannot do everything they want, whenever they want. The fast paced deadlines can and has forced a lot of cut corners in their stories.

All I know is that it just feels weird and melancholy that a lot of series I’ve been following since release date are ending and I hope the Mangaka can end it on their terms.

Yes I agree where someone hangs out and who they hang around definitely plays a part. And maybe you misunderstood what I was saying a bit. I wasn't saying that a lot of people are saying those series got bad I was saying that if the level of hate I saw for Naruto and Bleach before their final arcs was considered awful then the same could be said for these other 4. I personally did not see a lot of hate for them before their final arcs which is the same thing I see with these other 4. Not saying I saw no hate, but I feel like it was a pretty normal amount. I have seen some hate for these 4 as well, but like Naruto and Bleach before their final arcs I feel like the amount is fairly normal although I have personally seen a decent amount of hate for MHA, but that has been going on for awhile. I have also seen Fire Force get a decent amount of hate as well. Personally I haven't enjoyed MHA for a really long time, but I don't really wanna get into that.

I also wanna add that English isn't my first language so if what I said doesn't make perfect sense I apologize for that. Hopefully what I said makes enough sense.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:10 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Since the manga enter final arc, I think the anime won't adapt the rest of the manga like many animes.
The anime has already adapted 48 episodes. Why would they not adapt the rest of it? It's fairly popular and David Productions has already finished up Cells at Work and Jojo's is the only other big maintream long running show they have. And nowadays more anime are getting continuations of the source material and the only shows that don't get more than one season are shows with a more niche audience.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:45 am Reply with quote
Excellent need to start buying the manga now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2