• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HxC BenFranklin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Here we go!

Name: Call me Ben

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: 99 percent German, blond hair, blue eyes, the whole shtick.

Likes: Good games, good shows, good comics, and good times

Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Monster, and others.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Gantz, Battle Royale, Love Hina, Get Backers, Death Note, Monster, Dragonball, and others I can't think of right now.

Favorite Books: Kurt Vonnegut's, Charles Bukowski's, Stephen King's, and some of Chuck Palahnuik's.

Favorite game: Bioshock, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, Modern Warfare, Metal Gear Solid 3, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Kingdom Hearts I & II, Gears of War, and others.

Favorite Foods: Sushi

Favorite Sport (to play): Lacrosse

Favorite Music: A bit of everything.

Job: Student

Hobbies: Photography, lacrosse, drawing, playing video games, watching movies, being a geek

Anything else, just ask Smile
OL' JB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote
hey everyone! It's just your usual 22 year old anime/manga geek. Without a (REAL) job I love just about everything about the japanese culture but anime is my favorite! I enjoy all different kinds of genres not really hentai but I have an open mind to most all anime except for the ones that don't really have a good storyline, or no storyline for that matter, oh and if the art is not up to par. Some of my favorites are Eureka Seven, Most Gundams, One Piece, Most Macross, Bleach, Blade of the Immortal, Naruto Shiippuuden, Nabari no ou, and GTO just to name a few.
tangaloor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Name: Jade

Sex: Female

Marital Status: single

Pets: two cats, can't you hear them? ...oh yeah and some fish

Drink/Smoke: drink very rarely, never smoke

Likes: collecting stuff, cruising the internet, reading, playing video games, watching anime, you know the usual

Dislikes: housework

Favorite anime: changes all the time...currently D. Grayman and Saiyuki

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Vampire Hunter D, Ghost Hunt, and Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro

Favorite Books: too many to list, mainly sci. fi./fantasy though

Favorite game: Final Fantasy VI, Wild Arms 3, Suikoden, Shadow Hearts, Sly Cooper, Kingdom Hearts II, Grandia 2, and many more

Job: Cashier at Walmart ...oh joy...

Hobbies: See likes
G2KMaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Name: Evan Brehany

Blood Type: IDK

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: IDK, I think Dutch

Religion: Roman Catholic

Pets: Cats!

Drink/Smoke: Neither. Father died of them

Likes: Tokusatsu Eiga, Manga/Anime Eiga, just anything out of Japan. Other stuff includes stuff like Heavy Metal music, the Mad Max movies, and just great cinema in general.

Dislikes: People who think their taste is supreme and if you like what they don’t like you’re wrong.

Favorite anime: The Big-O, Death Note, Samurai 7, Inyuasha, seasons 2 and 6 of the original YuGiOh

Favorite Manga: ALL. But I own more Death Note than anything.

Favorite Books: I do not read fiction. Just non fiction, like histories, critiques, stuff like that.

Favorite game: Either FF7 or one of the Godzilla games from Atari

Favorite TV shows/Movies: the Mad Max series, anything from Japan, ect. There is too many for me to put down.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coca-Cola or TaB (yes, the original diet soda)

Favorite Foods: Anything which a communist country wouldn't let you eat (I am fat and I am proud - though I am not too fat - I can kill at PE)

Favorite Sites: Youtube, Wikipedia, Tohokingdom, SciFiJapan, my blogs, that stuff

Favorite Sport (to watch):None

Favorite Sport (to play):None

Favorite Music: Metal or 70's stuff. From Jimi Hendrix to The Door, from Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio) to Rammstein.

Job: Amature Kaiju Historian. Been published in G-FAN.

Hobbies: Studying film, making films, contributing to certain fandoms
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Name: PurpleWarrior13

Blood Type: ??????

Ethnicity: Scotish/English

Religion: Catholic

Anime I like: Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Slayers, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Blue Gender, Tokyo Mew Mew, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon (first couple seasons).
an.atticus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Name: Steve

Ethnicity: white

Religion: none

Job: ARMY

Favorite anime: Code Geass, His and Her Circumstances, Fruit Basket, The vision of escaflowne

Favorite game: Final Fantasy 8

Favorite TV shows: Friends, Everybody loves raymond, how i met your mother, heroes, lost

Favorite Movies: star wars 1-6
spartydragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Name: Kim, aka Sparty - which is short for Sparticus. :B

Sex: Female, last I checked

Blood Type: O+

Religion: None.

Pets: A fantail goldfish named Chester, and a guinea pig named Lucas. The goldfish wants to play, but the guinea pig just wants to be left alone. X)

Drink/Smoke: Not particularly often, and NEVAR.

Likes: Drawing, reading, writing, drawing, watching ze animoo, cartoons in general, drawing, Gintama, playing with my bokken, gardening, drawing... did I mention drawing?

Dislikes: Stupid people, toenail clippings left randomly around the house...

Favorite anime: Gintama, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Ouran High Host Club

Favorite Manga: Gintama, Trigun/Trigun Maximum,

Favorite Books: Anything by Terry Pratchett Wink

Favorite game: the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy, Mario, Mario Kart

Favorite TV shows/Movies: the original Star Wars trilogy, MST3K, The Incredibles, Porco Rosso, the X-Files, Freakazoid

Favorite Drink: The Pinot Gris I had for Thanksgiving is pretty damn nice (white whine)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Iced chai latte, Squirt, Darjeeling tea

Favorite Foods: Food is good. Chocolate is good. Needs moar cheese.

Favorite Sites: DevArt, The Roll of Crunchy (even though it's full of idiots) The Tube of You, The Game Homepage, Toonzone

Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball

Favorite Sport (to play): FRISBEE! 8D

Favorite Music: various varieties of rock, some oldschool R&B, a little hip hop

Job: Freelance illustrator currently between projects... yes.... yes that works... <.< >.>

Hobbies: drawing, watching cartoons, cooking, playing with my bokken

Fun facts about Sparty:
I can juggle
I'm an illustration major and I'm about to start in on my senior thesis (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DSmile
I can shamelessly plug my DeviantArt: http://spartydragon.deviantart.com
I can make tortilla's in a wok
Um... I can't think of anything else! Anime hyper
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
spartydragon wrote:

You know its funny. Everyone says the Pacific Northwest is very rainy, but in actuality it is rather normal. Seattle isn't even in the top ten rainiest cities for the contiguous United States, with New York and Atlanta getting more.

New Zealand has many places that gets as much rain as Portland or Seattle, and quite a few places that gets more. My home town receives 24.6% more average annual rainfall than Portland, but we don't have the reputation for rain it does. At least give credit where credit's due, I say.
spartydragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
spartydragon wrote:

You know its funny. Everyone says the Pacific Northwest is very rainy, but in actuality it is rather normal. Seattle isn't even in the top ten rainiest cities for the contiguous United States, with New York and Atlanta getting more.

New Zealand has many places that gets as much rain as Portland or Seattle, and quite a few places that gets more. My home town receives 24.6% more average annual rainfall than Portland, but we don't have the reputation for rain it does. At least give credit where credit's due, I say.

Yeah, but does it rain 9 months out of the year there, or do they get it all in a few big storms? X)
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote
Where I live, we very rarely get big storms, maybe five times a year max. Probably less. Most of our rain comes from small and frequent drizzling, not storms.

The Pacific Northwest gets more cloud than we do. But rain? Dream on.
spartydragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, the "drizzling like there's no tomorrow" type drizzle. I have experienced this - we don't get it too often here in Portland itself but out on the coast it's pretty standard.
RHachicho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
You should try England the weather here is so crazy it once started snowing on me while I was sunbathing .. I kid you not.
ugzz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote
whats up everyone. I've been on ANN for years, but never in the forums. Just saying whats up to everyone and giving a quick intro

Ill pretty much just be lurking around the Anime forums for the most part.

I have trouble with favorites, they tend to change all the time. but my "recently finished" favs are soul eater and baccano! currently complaining around teh web about the soul eater dubs coming out..

I realy like action series but oddly one of my all time favs is kanon (2006 adaptation)

currently watching: Saikano and a few others on and off

I'm 26, male, work in the education industry doing Computer and IT support.
East coast US resident

Hobbies: watching anime, computer games, driving/modding/enjoying my car and helping mod the website elantraxd.com, working on my house, beer

Well i wish yall well and hope to see ya around the forums

I should mention my first anime was macross 2 the movie. which is great because its so hit/miss online because it doesnt fall into the timeline. but its still on my top 5 list (partly for nostalgia im sure) Very Happy

Last edited by ugzz on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saburo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Name : Daniel
Sex : Male
Hair : Dark brown, straightened (naturally thick)
Eyes : Blue
Dislikes : Math, Physique, Chemistry.
Drink/Smoke : None. I'm only in class.
My first contact with anime was about ten years ago. I liked to read my brother's old magazines about computer games and in every issue the last 2 pages were called Manga Room. There were news from Japan and USA and reviews of some anime or manga. Short time later two anime shows began to run in TV. First was Sailor Moon, the second one was Pokemon. I watched it almost every day. Later I forgot about all anime stuff, because I didn't have an internet and the redaction of PC game magazine was disbanded. I returned to it in 2004, when I saw magazine about manga and anime (that one also stopped). I have internet since 2006 and in 2007 I started to watch anime for good. My favourite genres are drama, slice of life, seinen, cyberpunk, action. Of course I don't have anything against romantic comedy, moe, magical girls, yaoi, yuri or hentai ^^.
railtracer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quote
Well I might as well follow the crowd.

Name: Just call me Railtracer.

Relationship Status: Single

Pets: Bird

Ethnicity: Caucasian for lack of better word (part irish, swedish, and german)

Dislikes: Death

Favorite anime: Baccano!, Clannad, Kanon 2006, Code Geass, Shakugan No Shana, Gungrave, Chrno Crusade, Kara No Kyokai, Sorcerer Hunters, Slayers, Noir, Phantom, Gankutosu

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Ballad no shinigami, haruhi suzumiya (light novels), shakugan no shana (light novels and manga), Negima!, Love Hina, Sorcerer Hunters, Ah My Goddess (to a point), Mahoromatic, Puri Puri, Mai Hime, The world only god knows, GTO, and those who hunt elves.

Favorite Books: Crime and Punishment, Count of Monte Cristo, Discworld, Xanth, Good Omens, Lord of the Rings, and too many more.

Favorite games: Disgaea (all of them), Atlus Games, NIS America Games, Metal Gear Solid Series, Bioshock, Fallout 3, final fantasy dissidia/8/10/9/6, rpg and strategy games in general, devil may cry, Nippon Icchi company in general.

Favorite TV Shows: Stargate, Firefly, Macgyver

Favorite Movies: Serenity, Lord of the Rings Trilogy and more.

Favorite Visual Novels Non-H: Ever17, Phantom of Inferno

Favorite Visual Novel H: Yume Miru Kusuri (Drugs that make you dream).

Favorite Hentai: Dragon Knight, Ogenki Clinic, Darling, F3.

Favorite Foods: I eat to live not live to eat.

Favorite Music: Metal, Anime, Parody

Currently Watching: Needless, Ring Girl, Outlaw Star, To aru no railgun, sacred blacksmith, haruka, GTO.

Just Finished: Guin Saga

Disliked Anime: Overrated series that do not deserve the hype given.

Collects: Playing Cards (anime or game related) and Godzilla Movies (own entire series and all games ever released)

Job: Student of History

Hobbies: The above.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 87 of 233