• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirkoala13

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Shoulda done this a while ago

Name: Tyler
Sex: Guess
Religion: My own beliefs formed from Episcopalian
Blood Type:Uh...
Pets: German Sheperd named Sadie, who I treat like a little sister
Likes: ANN, daydreaming, swimming, aminals, stand-up comedy, reminiscing about the 90's cause that was the best decade ever, and I can't really remember much of it, going to the library
Dislikes: Those reading response questions in literature books that I never have enough time to finish, ingrown toenails
Favorite Music: Nujabes(RIP), The Pillows, Orange Range, MJ, and some other stuff I'm too absent-minded/lazy to write.
Hobbies: Manga/anime, daydreaming, go, Naruto CCG form time to time
Interests: Yep...
Fun facts:
-My life is sometimes like an anime; in that, my family is cursed; and that curse involves ingrown toenails
-I was the original sirkoala, but then I forgot my password to the account, when I had forgotten my yahoo account's password
- I'm kinda tired right now
-I lived in NJ until I was 11, but I'm actually not a jerk
-Something's wrong with my computer, so now when I post and it scrolls down, to see it, I have to hold it there, so sorry if I make any errors

Last edited by sirkoala13 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
sirkoala13 wrote:
Sex: Guess

I suppose koalas are unisex?

Quote:
My life is sometimes like an anime; in that, my family is cursed; and that curse involves ingrown toenails

That sounds funny to me, mainly because I had the same problem, and went through a surgical process three times. But mine had absolutely nothing to do with family curse, but mostly because I wore me shoes for like 16 hours everyday for a long period (about 6 months) back when I was 14, and it eventually happened. Nowadays it's fine. Oh, I'm used to surgeries and injections, so it was perfectly fine with me. See you around, and make sure to stand guard otherwise others might infiltrate the inn.
takimaki

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Name: jason
sex: (yes please) male
location: beyond the black stump around the bend near wirecoathanger road givawogabang..
marital status: single
interest's: anime, martial arts, wrestling, UFC..

history: been watching cartoons and anime since i was 4 years old..

started watching astroboy, voltron and many others, from '81 onwards, in the 1990's i was more on anime on tv, and vhs, started collecting in '01-'02 with pal-vhs, late '02-early '03 I started with my pal-dvd collection, fast foreward a few years, '06 my firs of many ntsc-dvd titles, late '09 saw may 1st blue ray purchase

combined total of dvd]s at last count 2,500 gave up counting titles after i hit 1,800 disc's so 2,500 is a reserve estimate..

I have so much back log to watch it isn't funny..

when i watch anime on dvd it tends to be a 1 shot deal i'll go through and watch a complete 13-26 episode series in 1 hit..
eriko0640

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Name:Erica
[b]sex: female
[b]Marital Status: single
Ethnicity: Mexican, 1/4 spanish from spain!!
[/b]Favorite foods: Chinese, mexican, american, sea food
Interests: Anime, Music, singing, reading, playing sports, eating ( LOL) watching movies, shopping, and hanging out with ma friends and family, being on the computer,
Height: 5'6
Weight: 104 lbs.
[b]Favorite Anime: Ouran High school host club, Hellsing, one piece, strawberry panic, Shocked Wink Inuyasha, fruits basket, eyeshield 21, deathnote,bleach, monster princess,
favorite videogames: Kingdom hearts ( and 2), Call of duty world at war, sly copper, first version of Mario games, Batman arkum asylum Twisted Evil
[/b]Plans for the future: going to college and study languages and study abroud, also study cosmotology or media design. Also trying to take guitare and piano lessons with drawing lessons too. Also planning to go visit japan, spain, england , and italy in the future.

P.S. anyone wants to be friends ill be happy to respond Cool
hockey stick

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote
This is my first post at ANN. Have been around for a while but not too active.

Name: Mathias
Sex: Male
Blood Type: B+ I believe
Marital Status: Single
Ethnicity: Swedish
Religion: None (atheist)
Likes: Anime, history, british humor (to some degree) and the night sky Razz
Dislikes: Football (soccer), litters, pop music in general
Favourite Anime: Full Metal Panic, Elfen Lied, Spice & Wolf, Clannad After Story
Favourite Games: Evil Genius, the Total War-series, Civilization IV
Favourite TV shows/Movies: Band of Brothers, Rome, QI, Forrest Gump and more...
Favourite Sites: ANN, YouTube
Favourite Sport (to watch): Ice hockey
Job: Student
Hobbies: Anime, PC games, some reading
Favourite Quotes:
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus
86mikekl

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Name: Mikael
Ethnicity: Swedish
Religion: Christian
Pets: None
Drink/Smoke: Nope
Interests: Anime, Music, Fantasy, Movies, Books, Manga, Computer/Video games, Magic: The Gathering and Girls.
Dislikes: Sport and doing other things than those mentioned above... especially home activities such as cleaning, gardening etc...
Favorite animes (in this order): Elfen Lied, Gundam Seed, Kara no Kyoukai, Silverfang, xxxHolic and Legend of the Condor Hero.
Favorite Mangas: Ragnarök, Rebirth, Elfen Lied and xxxHolic.
Favorite Books: Robert Jordan's Wheel of time (the first 10 books), Jan Guillou's Arn trilogy, Terry Brooks Shannara books (the 3 single books and the serie of 4 books), Arturo Pérez-Reverte's The Club Dumas and Stephenie Meyer's Twilight.
Favorite games: Final Fantasy VII, .hack//G.U. series, Warcraft 2, Grandia 3, Secret of Mana, Rock 'n roll racing, Diablo 2, Neverwinter Nights, Titanquest, Heroes of might and magic 2 and 3, Settlers 2, Warlords 3.
Favorite TV shows: Charmed, Xena, Hercules and the swedish melodyfestival.
Favorite Movies: House of flying daggers, The legend of the shadowless sword, Azumi, Azumi 2, Firestarter 2: rekindled, Forrest Gump, Armageddon, One missed call 1 & 2, Silk (2006), Secondhand Lions, Sky High (2003), The Ninth Gate, Transformers, The Rock... too many so stopping here Razz
Favorite Food Drink: Milk
Favorite Drink: Pepsi
Favorite Foods: Pizza, Pasta & Sausages, Noodles, Potato buns.
Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Facebook, Imdb.
Favorite Music: I listen to any music with strong melodies (the singer must be able to sing if there is lyrics in the song). I mostly listen to Eurodance, Pop, Swedish old goodies, Classic Rock, Ballads, Power metal, Anime OST and Classical music.
Occupation: Studying Library and Information Science at an University.
Guilty_Sky

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
Name:....

Ethnicity: Irish

Religion: Pastafarian

Pets: None

Drink/Smoke: See ethnicity. Don't smoke

Likes: Besides the obvious from being here.... Guitars, Video games, Cyberpunk, Space Opera, everthing about Warhammer 40k except the game itself, Hats, over the top gore, girls with weird coloured hair.. especially green (clearly a side effect of anime)

Dislikes: Small talk, talking about myself, people who talk a lot, redundant or pointless questions, politics, social networking sites

Afraid of: Getting old, sunken ships (they give me the heebie jeebies)

Favourite Anime: Mnemosyne, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hellsing Ultimate, Gungrave, GitS:SAC and 2nd Gig, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Claymore, Black Lagoon, Berserk, Akira

Favourite Manga: One Piece, Hellsing, Bleach, Berserk; can I say Priest even though it's a manhwa?

Favourite Authors: Tad Williams, Peter F. Hamilton, William Gibson, Dan Abnett

Favourite Games: Warcraft 3, StarCraft, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX, Call of Duty 4

Favourite TV shows: The X Files, Top Gear, Star Trek:TNG/Voyager, Stargate:SG1, Firefly, Father Ted, Boston Legal, Black Books, 30 Rock

Favourite Movies: Tokyo Gore Police, This Is Spinal Tap, Seven Samurai, The Matrix, Hero, Fight Club, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Cannibal Holocaust, Bladerunner

Favourite Drink: Whiskey, Vodka, Gin and.... Jägermeister!

Favourite Non-alcoholic Drink: Strawberry Milkshake. Milkshakes are drinks ja?

Favourite Food: Insanely spicey food.... Indian food.... mainly vindaloo.... prawn vindaloo.... extra hot prawn vindaloo

Favourite Sites: Kotaku, *mumble mumble*Hentai Foundry*mumble*, The Escapist, Deviant Art, Anime News Network

Favourite Bands/Artists: X Japan, Tool, Sex Machineguns, Muse, Paul Gilbert, Galneryus, Dream Theater, Cycle, Coheed & Cambria, Aushvitz/Spinalcord

Favourite Quote: "We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."

Fun Facts:
-Used to play video games for a living.
-As a result of a severe case of tinnitus over the years I've adjusted to lack of sleep and now need no more than four hours a night.
-When straight my hair is long enough that I can sit on it.
-Was born with a sixth finger on my right hand but it was removed.
-Has been alergic to eggs since birth and has no concept of how they taste.
-For the drinkers out there.... Lives in the tiny town with both the colossal New Midleton and Old Midleton distillaries that make Jameson Whiskey, Powers Whiskey, Paddy Whiskey, Cork Dry Gin, Huzzar Vodka and a load of other stuff that I can't remember. I'm told a lot of that is popular in the states.
The Old Midleton distillary also doubles as a tourist center and together with the New Midleton distillary is probably bigger than the town itself. It's possible to walk from one end of the town to the other in about twenty minutes yet it has about fifteen pubs.
Best town in the country for playing out the sterotypes about Irish drinking.
If anyone wants to die of an infected liver come visit me.

Last edited by Guilty_Sky on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 am; edited 3 times in total
sirkoala13

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Guilty_Sky wrote:
-Has been alergic to eggs since birth and has no concept of how they taste.

I find that when I hit my head, I sometimes have a taste like eggs in my mouth.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote
New Member Here...Hello All!

Name: Classified
Ethnicity: Caucasian mix (part Irish, Part Scotish, etc)
Religion: Catholic
Likes: Anime/Toons, Comics/Manga, Classic Literature, Golf
Dislikes: MTV, Spiders, Clowns, People who poke other with pointed Sticks. (lol)

Added Info: I am somewhat eccentric & Cynical at times...I am also fairly lazy in nature.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I may be going crazy, but I think classicalzawa had that avatar at one time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I may be going crazy, but I think classicalzawa had that avatar at one time.

No wonder I found it somehow familiar. Yep, she did (though I can't confirm whether it was exactly the same).

Quite a short intro, Soundmonkey44. And since you're young you'd better get a sexy avatar. Otherwise....
Quote:
Added Info: I am somewhat eccentric & Cynical at times...I am also fairly lazy in nature.

I bet you thought of me as you wrote that, did you not? But don't worry, the only kind of people I dislike are those allergic to egg.

Since THE KING OF HARTS didn't bother welcoming you, I will. But tomorrow, okay? Alright.

Also a welcome to everyone else. Sorry that I didn't bother with replying before(except for that one deleted post). Because our gender is the same. Alright.

For the record, I love myself. Thank you; have a good night.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome egoist.

and sexy avatar you say....hmm, while I do appriciate the advice, I have to say, I rather like my Arale Avatar, after all I am somewhat of a nut for Retro/Classic anime. (since I grew up watching alot of it..lol!)

and I wear this avatar proudly till someone decides to be nice & give Dr. Slump a US release...I know its a long shot. but since it as well as Sailor Moon are back out on the market, I shall keep my fingers crossed that someone in the US gives it a chance.

(I mean hey, Fist of the North Star is getting a new Release, so why not let slump & moon get releases/rereleases in the U.S. as well.)
Guilty_Sky

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
But don't worry, the only kind of people I dislike are those allergic to egg.

Psssh, I know you love me, don't try to deny it.
vazor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote
Name: Josh aka vazor or vazor222
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Religion: LDS
Dislikes: People being mean or gross

Added Info: fav movie = Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Smile also a big .hack fan
mokamu

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
name: troy
sex:M
ethnicity: caucasian
religion: n/a
likes: anime, video-games, sports, reading, traveling, guns, driving
dislikes: mushrooms, EvIL
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 103 of 233