• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Terminator Anthology in Development for 2009 Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quote
testor: The GITS manga arc which inspired Innocence still predates the Trek movie. Razz And Shirow's Black Magic manga predated the first Terminator movie. Laughing
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Not to mention the latest offerings of anime offered more specifically for US audiences, such as the Highlander flick and Afro Samurai, were pretty bad.

It's interesting to see the difference in opinion between ANN and IGN. IGN rated Highlander and Afro Samurai very positively, while here it's obviously negative. They were ok to me.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
If GATSU is claiming that specific image is in the Robot Rondo manga chapter, try again. Smile Notice that GATSU had to abandon his Ghost-in-the-Shell-predates-everything claim, and had to resort to a different manga (without that image) that wasn't even officially published in Japan until after the Terminator was in theaters.

And again, as Keonyn points out, there are similar images that predate all of these titles.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quote
testor: It's not in that chapter, but it has been used in that manga. The movie was a composite of different stories. And once again, Black Magic predates Terminator. And we've moved on from the images Keonyn alluded to, so pay attention.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quote
GATSU: "That image was in Ghost in the Shell manga! I will hand-wave the point that similar images have appeared in earlier works by other people, but allow me to mention yet another, different Shirow work which doesn't have that image! And I've moved on from my previous baseless claim, while still clinging to it to prove another baseless claim." Yeah, I think people are paying attention. Smile
daedelus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quote
Wheeee! This thread is fuuun! Can I play too? Wink

Seriously though, I am really looking forward to this. I liked The Animatrix. Especially the two shorts about the robots revolting and the subsequent war with the humans. There was a strong visceral feeling that live action special effects just can't duplicate. At least, not yet.

Just pie-in-the-sky thinking, but I wonder if the Governator could take some time out of his busy schedule to do some voice work? Cool
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Just pie-in-the-sky thinking, but I wonder if the Governator could take some time out of his busy schedule to do some voice work? Cool

I'd be all down for that one to happen Smile Though I like how the Sarah Connor Chronicles are doing without Arnold, it would still be nice to see him again someday with the franchise since everybody can associate him with the series. And the sad thing is he won't be back for T4 so there's always hope.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2