• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Inuyasha Short to Debut at Tokyo's Takahashi Event

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swissman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
I'm intrigued by the concept of bringing back such an old series. As nostalgic as Slayers Revolution may be, that factor doesn't really make up for the out-dated style it exudes...I'd be far more interested in seeing something brought back to life with modern stylization and conventions in place.

Since when is Inu yasha "old"? The TV series started hardly eight years ago, ended four years ago and is thus definitely still up to par with more recent series. Heck, they even switched from traditional cel animation to digital ink & paint along the run and included those CGI effects to wow the audience.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quote
crescendoll wrote:
Ah, very nice! I wonder if this special might make it stateside eventually?

I don't know about anyone else, but this sounds like a great extra to stick on the last season sets coming out later this year.
Mika20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I think it's really cool.
Sure would like to see another movie that combines the end of the series. Still enough, this sounds interesting to watch. :3
daninuyasha1997

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I think it is great that Inuyasha is coming back even if it is in a 30 minute short. Inuyasha is what got me to like anime again and discover manga. Since the manga is finish, I think the anime deserves a an ending. Hopefully the short will be a success and the Inuyasha anime will come back. Very Happy Very Happy Wink
Shiggity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I hate to bump an old thread, but I just wanna say that to those of us that DL fansubs, I bet that as soon as the groups find a good enough raw (i.e. DVD Rip, or good TV Rip) it'll be subbed and available that way as well.
rebecca1/2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Hey, way to point out what people can do to keep it from getting a dubbed, legit R1 release - run out and download it somewhere.

I think the series has enough life left in it for a movie or an OVA series to wrap the story up, but not for multiple seasons of additional episodes.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
rebecca1/2 wrote:
I think the series has enough life left in it for a movie or an OVA series to wrap the story up, but not for multiple seasons of additional episodes.

Considering it has about 20 volumes left to cover, that'd be one long movie. OVAs could be possible, but another season just seems more practical.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
rebecca1/2 wrote:

Considering it has about 20 volumes left to cover, that'd be one long movie. OVAs could be possible, but another season just seems more practical.

I agree. I know it's frowned upon here at ANN to talk about fansubbing and downloading/streaming, but should such a version emerge, how many people here would DL it? I know I would, but as I said in the Toonami thread, I plan on collecting all of IY's DVD sets, so I'm not just "stealing" it by downloading it.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
Shiggity wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
rebecca1/2 wrote:

I agree. I know it's frowned upon here at ANN to talk about fansubbing and downloading/streaming, but should such a version emerge, how many people here would DL it? I know I would, but as I said in the Toonami thread, I plan on collecting all of IY's DVD sets, so I'm not just "stealing" it by downloading it.

Oh, I'd definitely download it, and buy it when it comes out. Viz might get some criticism, but they definitely did Inuyasha right. Shop around hard enough, and you can get the sets for pretty cheap (got Season 2 for $30 at Borders, and 3-4 for $35 at Wal-mart).
Shiggity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Shiggity wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
rebecca1/2 wrote:

Oh, I'd definitely download it, and buy it when it comes out. Viz might get some criticism, but they definitely did Inuyasha right. Shop around hard enough, and you can get the sets for pretty cheap (got Season 2 for $30 at Borders, and 3-4 for $35 at Wal-mart).

Eh, they did IY decent, but they could have done better. Kagomay < Kagomeh.
tyciol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I only just found out about this short now, it sounds really cool. I really hope that it is possible to watch it somewhere.

Was IY already wrapped up so long ago? I heard it wrapped up but I figured it was near the end of 2008 not the middle.

Now that it's finished I wonder if they'll finish the anime now?
Shiggity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
tyciol wrote:
I only just found out about this short now, it sounds really cool. I really hope that it is possible to watch it somewhere.

Was IY already wrapped up so long ago? I heard it wrapped up but I figured it was near the end of 2008 not the middle.

Now that it's finished I wonder if they'll finish the anime now?

IY was wrapped up in 2006 I believe... I could be wrong though...
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
i know that this topic is old, but I was just wondering, has there been any news at all about this short being English Dubbed?
QU33N_ANG3L

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Cmon dont be such haters Very Happy i cant wait till this comes out i mean its about time they really left us hanging the way the anime ended i was pissed
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
QU33N_ANG3L wrote:
Cmon don't be such haters Very Happy i can't wait till this comes out i mean its about time they really left us hanging the way the anime ended i was pissed

Doesn't sound like it to me. Ocean has probably been up to their butt in Gundam 00 dubbing for the past 3 months or so. Maybe when the Sci-Fi airing is nearing its end, then they'll get to work on Black Tessaiga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3