• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Media Factory Poll: Which Novel/Manga Do You Want Animated

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
It's got some good titles, but it's a bit sad that some classics are not in anyone's thoughts anymore. such as

- Butsu Zone
- Q.E.D.
- Over Rev!
- Kuro Gane
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1598/Kurogane

ALL Gundam prequels, side stories, and sequels, but particularly the Wing series (except G and SD, I couldn't care less for them)

Gundam Wing's prequels, side stories, and sequels:
- Episode Zero [Manga]
[G Wing]
- G-Unit [Manga]
- Tiel's Impulse [Manga]
- Gaiden [Novel]
- Ground Zero [Manga]
- Blind Target [Manga]
- Battlefield of Pacifists [Manga]
[Endless Waltz]
- Frozen Teardrop [Novel]

And the following are good suggestions imo

Psycho Busters
http://myanimelist.net/manga/425/Psycho_Busters

Bitter Virgin
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1162/Bitter_Virgin

Switch (a proper series, not a 2-episode OVA)
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1351/Switch

Kage Tora
http://myanimelist.net/manga/410/Kagetora

Defense Devil
http://myanimelist.net/manga/13748/Defense_Devil

Fabtasita
http://myanimelist.net/manga/10259/Fantasista

Lost Man
http://myanimelist.net/manga/30423/Lost_Man

Last edited by TopGunman on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
#1 Zaregoto: The Kubikiri Cycle (article) NisiOisin novel 160 votes

Studio Shaft please animate this already! The fans are waiting...Anime cry

The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
By "turned into anime" do they mean a TV series? Confused Otherwise I'm not quite certain why Nausicaa is on that list.

I'm gonna guess yes since the film stopped around Volume 2 of the manga and had a different ending.

I'm actually surprised that Yotsuba&! hasn't been animated yet. I keep hearing how popular it is.

I would love to see March comes in like a lion by Chika Umino be animated or, at least, have the manga be licensed. According to Wiki, it's a shogi manga.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I have no interest in seeing a Zaregoto anime unless it's animated by White Fox. Shafts direction for Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari is just manic, relies on cheap fanservice and camera angle gimmicks and is frankly unwatchable to me as a result (I couldn't finish either) whereas White Fox's adaptation of Katanagatari is actually quite interesting and exhibits some great usage of pacing and storytelling to make the most out of the material. It's like night and day between the two in terms of competency. The one hour format for Katanagatari really helped in fleshing the tale out too.

The two Gundam stories are of course a given to be done by Sunrise if they ever happen, but I'd prefer to see a Hathaway's Flash novel over a Crossbone one cause frankly I don't find the story and characters in Crossbone to be all that well realized and the Jupiter Empire is about as interesting an antagonist in it as that LOGOS organization was in Seed Destiny. One dimensional black evil. Hathaway's Flash however is one of the more important stories in the UC Saga since it marks the final chronological appearance of two major characters and would be the perfect follow up to Unicorn.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Quote:
#1 Zaregoto: The Kubikiri Cycle (article) NisiOisin novel 160 votes

Studio Shaft please animate this already! The fans are waiting...Anime cry

The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
By "turned into anime" do they mean a TV series? Confused Otherwise I'm not quite certain why Nausicaa is on that list.

I'm gonna guess yes since the film stopped around Volume 2 of the manga and had a different ending.

I'm actually surprised that Yotsuba&! hasn't been animated yet. I keep hearing how popular it is.

I would love to see March comes in like a lion by Chika Umino be animated or, at least, have the manga be licensed. According to Wiki, it's a shogi manga.

the yotsuba creator didn't like how azumanga daiohs anime turned out so he rejects the idea of a yotsuba anime being made sadly.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Pokemon Special is #3? Color me surprised. That series is my favorite part of the Pokemon franchise so I'm on that boat too. Pity it'll probably never happen.

I wonder if this poll will have any reflection on possible adaptions...Doubtful, but would be interesting nonetheless.
Papochulo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Why is "The Twelve Kingdoms" on this list since it was already an anime?
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Bara no Maria? Smile
I love that series as the story is hilarious and the MC is..."special".
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
I'd love to have Karneval animated. I still am holding onto the hope that a company will pick it up. I only just learned Australia gets it...But how are the translations, and what's the cheapest way to import?

I've also held some interest in Cuticle Detective Inaba for a bit. It seems interesting and fun.

Same here. Karneval deserves the anime love.
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
Sam Murai wrote:
And it's only a matter of time til Zaregoto gets the treatment…

Please let Shaft give the treatment.

Close but not quite, Shaft and White Fox team up for greater justice

Actually, Shinbo might have implied he had an interest in adapting it last month.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

Gundam Wing's prequels, side stories, and sequels:
- Episode Zero [Manga]
[Endless Waltz]
- Frozen Teardrop [Novel]

Several things.

Episode Zero was technically animated as "Odds and Evens" a recap movie that examined the back stories more.

Battlefield is turning out to be filling a lot of plot holes Wing had. (The ship Heero shoots down early on being filled with Gundanium, Treize having the plans for the Epyon way early which is what said Gundanium was for, HeavyArms having even more missiles, etc)

And Frozen Teardrop? You ARE kidding, right? It's a steaming pile of crap that makes SEED Destiny look like a freaking masterpiece.

No. Seriously. They totally take the ending of Endless Waltz and dump on it. It's god awful fan fiction. The ending line of EW was "And Mobile Suits were never seen again" doesn't apply to FT, despite taking place after.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
Papochulo wrote:

Yeah that and why is Nausicaä on there too, that already became a anime movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
NisiOisin is like the most popular light novel writer in Japan.

Not quite. Not in terms of sales at least. However, SHAFT's anime adaptations of his works are certainly some of the most popular anime in Japan.

Popularity is a nebulous concept. Sales is only a single consideration when discussing popularity.

Of course. That's why I added 'Not in terms of sales at least'. There are very few tractable methods of measuring popularity. But for novels it's pretty easy to say that the author who sells the most books is the most popular. Though if you have a better measuring stick then I'm all ears.

not really. Suzumiya sold the most books, but the author is not that popular. alot of people don't even know who is the author.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:27 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Papochulo wrote:

Yeah that and why is Nausicaä on there too, that already became a anime movie.

Maybe they meant/wished for all the manga to be adapted into a anime (I guess in the form of a TV series).

As for my, I would love to see the whole Akira manga adapted in a TV animated series, but with the same quality of the movie. Yes, i can keep dreaming, I know... Sad

P.S. I would also love to see fateful manga adaptations of Fruits Basket and Please Save my Earth. ^^
And an Orpheus no Mado anime, too. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
NisiOisin is like the most popular light novel writer in Japan.

Not quite. Not in terms of sales at least. However, SHAFT's anime adaptations of his works are certainly some of the most popular anime in Japan.

Popularity is a nebulous concept. Sales is only a single consideration when discussing popularity.

Of course. That's why I added 'Not in terms of sales at least'. There are very few tractable methods of measuring popularity. But for novels it's pretty easy to say that the author who sells the most books is the most popular. Though if you have a better measuring stick then I'm all ears.

I thought by agreeing that popularity is a nebulous concept you'd see that it isn't something that can be objectively measured simply by sales. The notoriety of the author isn't found in sales statistics.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:42 am Reply with quote
Papochulo wrote:

They are probably expressing the desire for a complete animation of the material in the light novels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4