• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: French Comic Artist Moebius Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
I hadn't heard about Moebius in a long time. I fondly remember him during my HS days. He was one of the most inspirational artist talked about among arts students (I went to an art school) studying and enjoying graphic novel illustration. For those that remember Heavy Metal magazine as a publication that was for adults due to the some sexual content, one would learn later that it was a anthology featuring many foreign artist who's art could be boldly presented here in the states. Heavy Metal was where I first learned about Moebius, before I even knew who he was. Long before the movie came out. Then all through HS. Now working for an art institution I had a chance to explore his work more thoroughly. I found his form to be fascinating and mesmerizing. A master of sci-fi fantasy.

I'm surprised that since we're talking about his inspiration to "anime/manga" artist, that no one mentioned 'Dragon's Heaven'. Anyone remember that little OVA that's lost in the sea of obscurity? Now that film had Moebius' influence all over it. It was the greatest OVA but it was a decent little film. I liked it I wish I had it in my collection.

RIP, to a great artist who inspired and touched so many people from all walks of life. You'll be missed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2