Funimation Streams Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches English Dub Trailer
posted on by Karen Ressler
- Newton Pittman as Ryū Yamada
- Mikaela Krantz as Urara Shiraishi
- Rachel Glass as Miyabi Itō
- Todd Haberkorn as Toranosuke Miyamura
- Jessica Peterson as Nene Odagiri
- Will Short as Ushio Igarashi
- Michelle Rojas as Meiko Otsuka
- Tabitha Ray as Maria Sarushima
- Alexis Tipton as Noa Takigawa
- Orion Pitts as Kentaro Tsubaki
- Jeannie Tirado as Mikoto Asuka
- Seth Magill as Haruma Yamazaki
- Elizabeth Maxwell as Leona Miyamura
- Chris Burnett as Shinichi Tamaki
- Luci Christian as Rika Saionji*
Funimation will release the series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on January 9 after a delay from the previously planned release window of July.
The 12-episode television anime series premiered in April 2015, and it adapts Miki Yoshikawa's manga of the same name. Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired. Crunchyroll will also debut with dubs in Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, and German this month.
Tomoki Takuno ([email protected]: XENOGLOSSIA, Love Live! School idol project episode director) directed the anime at LIDEN FILMS with assistant director Fumiaki Usui. Michiko Yokote wrote and supervised the series scripts. Eriko Iida (Love Live! School idol project episode animation director) designed the characters and served as chief animation director. Yota Tsuruoka (Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) was the sound director, and Masaru Yokoyama composed the music.
The story begins when high school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful female honor student Shiraishi on the stairs, and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
Yoshikawa's manga series ended in February, and the 28th and final compiled volume shipped on April 17. Crunchyroll released manga chapters online overseas as they were published in Japan, and Kodansha Comics is publishing the manga in print.