Hortensia Saga Anime Reveals More Cast, New Key Visual
posted on by Adriana Hazra
The official website for the television anime adaptation of Sega's Hortensia Saga smartphone role-playing game revealed more cast members and a new key visual for the anime on Monday. Aniplex streamed a new video for the anime that previews the opening theme song, but the video is region-locked to Japan.
The new cast members include: (name spellings are not confirmed)
- Yu Kobayashi as Adelheid Olivier
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Leon D. Olivier
- Takehito Koyasu Fernando Ober
- Kenji Nomura as Lugis F. Camellia
- Takuya Eguchi as Roy Bashro
- Yuka Ōtsubo as Bernadetta Ober
- Kazuma Horie as Alexi Baldebron
- Shūichi Ikeda as Didier Vialdo
Yasuto Nishikata (Killing Bites, The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky) is directing the anime at LIDEN FILMS. Rintarou Ikeda (The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods, Magical Sempai) is overseeing the series scripts, Takayuki Onoda (animation director for Granblue Fantasy the Animation, The Seven Deadly Sins) is the character designer, and ZENTA is composing the music. Rock band MY FIRST STORY (Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova, Golden Kamuy) are performing the opening theme song "Leader."
Previously announced cast members are: (name spellings are not confirmed)
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Alfred Ober
- Yui Horie as Mariyus Casteledo
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Maurice Baudelaire
- Reina Ueda as Nonnoria Folley
- Aya Uchida as Kuu Morimol
- Yuichiro Umehara as Deflott Danowa
Sega launched the game for iOS and Android devices in April 2015. The player takes on the role of a young feudal lord who learns the hidden truth of the Kingdom of Hortensia through battles and encounters.
The free-to-play game (with fees for certain in-game items) allows players to field up to five characters in a party comprising different classes with different abilities in battle. Combat consists of each party's characters standing in a 3x3 grid. Each class is able to attack and influence a different specific section of the grid.
The game already inspired an animated video from LIDEN FILMS, and that earlier video also featured an image song by MY FIRST STORY. LIDEN FILMS also produced the opening movies for Part 3 of the game, as well as for Hortensia Saga Zero.