• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rebecca Forstadt in GitS:SAC

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that Rebecca Forstadt was not listed for Tachikoma in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, so I tried to enter her in and got a message that said "but we already know this role is FALSE for this person" Shocked

Uhh... not sure how that got to be there, but Rebecca definitely does voice one of the Tachikomas in GitS:SAC (her voice is very recognizable for me). Her Tachikoma unit shows up in several episodes and she has a good deal of lines in the series from what I've seen/heard on AS. Definitely no small part among the Tachikomas. Wink

Last edited by EmperorBrandon on Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, she's definately a tachikoma and is credited as such at other sites. I did manage to get this message though, "and previously was erroneously entered in the cast as "Tachikoma" "
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:17 am Reply with quote
I am responsible for a majority of the GitS: SAC voice credits. I did not see her name in any of the DVD credits (which is my primary source), unless she has an alias.

I initially saw her name entered as "Tachikoma," but thought it was a false entry since I hadn't seen her name in any of the 4 volumes I've watched thus far. If you have any proof and could please post it, I'll try entering it myself. But for the most part, I've only seen Sandy Fox (and Peggy O'Neil for episode 10) as having their names listed for the role of Tachikoma Anime smallmouth. Sorry.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:40 am Reply with quote
Your proof is me saying so! Razz

Or..
I guess the person that entered it didn't provide a link... so...
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-32292
http://www.crystalacids.com/database/actor/forstadt_rebecca.html
http://articles.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=542

That should be enough I think.

And a head's up, my entry for Sherry Lynn as a Tachikoma is correct as well, so don't go getting that removed. Wink
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
OK then. I think the problem is I'm assuming that the person listed at the end of each episode plays the "main" Tachikoma in each one when there probably are a whole lot more being voiced as the "extra" Tachikomas.

If that's the case (where there's more than one person I should credit for being a Tachikoma), could you also guess which episode it was that person was in? I'd like to be as accurate as possible.

Since Tachikoma is one of the secondary characters, I feel it'd be nice to at least have Sandy Fox credited for that, but for additional Tachikoma roles below we could try to credits other actors for other episodes as needed.

So for Sherry Lynn, could you edit it and put what episode, and at the same time remember what episode it was that Ms. Forstadt was in? Thank you. Smile

(Hope this is making sense Anime dazed).
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:09 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

So for Sherry Lynn, could you edit it and put what episode, and at the same time remember what episode it was that Ms. Forstadt was in? Thank you. Smile

It's not that simple. Each Tachikoma has a distinct voice, so they appear in any number of episodes.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:26 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I am responsible for a majority of the GitS: SAC voice credits. I did not see her name in any of the DVD credits (which is my primary source), unless she has an alias.

I initially saw her name entered as "Tachikoma," but thought it was a false entry since I hadn't seen her name in any of the 4 volumes I've watched thus far. If you have any proof and could please post it, I'll try entering it myself. But for the most part, I've only seen Sandy Fox (and Peggy O'Neil for episode 10) as having their names listed for the role of Tachikoma ^.^. Sorry.

Well, it's likely she's just uncredited because her voice is pretty unmistakable. I at least remember Rebecca voicing that Tachikoma that was following a little girl around in one episode.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
It's not that simple. Each Tachikoma has a distinct voice, so they appear in any number of episodes.

EmperorBrandon wrote:
Well, it's likely she's just uncredited because her voice is pretty unmistakable. I at least remember Rebecca voicing that Tachikoma that was following a little girl around in one episode.

Then what should we do? We can't list every voice that played a Tachikoma. Doesn't The Encylopedia only let you credit one person for a single role at each level of relevance?

I've already got Sandy Fox as (the main?) Tachikoma and Peggy O'Neil as the Tachikoma in episode 10, and they're both under the secondary character category.

We now have Sherry Lynn as a Tachikoma in the additional section from who knows which episode, and now you guys want Rebecca Forstadt in their too?

Either be specific and put the episode number with the actress, or don't, and we can all just leave Sherry Lynn on there and not credit anyone else.

If you two are being able to instantly recognize their voices that easily, then the least you can do is write down the episode number, assuming you're watching it on DVD or something.

If you're seeing these episodes on Adult Swim, please try to use the episode guide as a reference as well.

Sorry if I'm being pushy here, but if you want me to do this right, then I'll need all the help I can get Anime smile.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
We can't list every voice that played a Tachikoma.

Sure we can, and it's the right thing to do. I don't see why we need to give Sandy Fox all the credit when she is merely one of several Tachikoma voices.

Unfortunately, I have not been watching it on either DVD or AS. I merely did some research at sites I trust after EmperorBrandon's post. None of the other sites list what eps they are specifically in, so I can't help there till I catch up on buying my SAC DVDs.

The main problem is the fact that they are all merely named Tachikoma instead of Tachikoma 1, 2, or something like that. That being the case, there is no real way to differentiate between them in the encyclopedia, especially when they tend to appear in groups most of the time.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Why not do something like:

Tachikomas by: Various names go here

I added her as english voice talent for the Tachikomas on the
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Tachikoma na Hibi (OAV)

The other thing is that on the main TV page is we have 4 people who did the Tachikomas (Rebecca has been added by me), but they aren't listed together, Peggy and Sandy are together, and Rebecca and Sherry are listed together lower on the page.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
The other thing is that on the main TV page is we have 4 people who did the Tachikomas (Rebecca has been added by me), but they aren't listed together, Peggy and Sandy are together, and Rebecca and Sherry are listed together lower on the page.

Well I only inputed Sandy and Peggy as secondary characters because I thought the Tachikomas as an enitity (rather than individual characters) were kind of important.

I also assumed that since Sandy and Peggy were the only people I saw credited for the role of a Tachikoma in the ending credits that they should be listed as such.

However, since we're now discovering other actresses playing the role of a Tachikoma, I suppose it would be alright to add them, but I think we should at least keep one of them in the secondary characters along with the rest of the members of Section 9 and then put the rest of them as additional characters.

Or, we could lower the role of a Tachikoma to serve strictly as an additional character and not a secondary one Anime catgrin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1