• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Silver Spoon Anime's Character Designs, More Staff Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
But what you like or dislike really has nothing do with how good a series actually is.

Uh... yeah, actually, that's the only thing that decides for me what is good, if I like it. If I don't like something, why would I think it was good?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Uh... yeah, actually, that's the only thing that decides for me what is good, if I like it. If I don't like something, why would I think it was good?

And what seems to have gone over your head is I was making a point that in this case your opinion doesn't really matter.

So when you say how could Arakawa go from something I like to something I don't?

Who cares what you like or dislike. Arakawa just wrote two best selling and award winning series.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Who cares what you like or dislike. Arakawa just wrote two best selling and award winning series.

And one is good and the other is dull.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

And one is good and the other is dull.

The difference is that a LOT more people like the manga than dislike it. And the accolades given the manga also indicates an inherent quality, which is separate to an opinion of quality.

Widya Samtoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why some people, instead than finding dull a chapter about making pizza, didn't try to learn something from it instead (given the fact that in many Countries you can't get decent pizza... Japan at least tries, and goes really near, only changing the cheese it's used, basically, and the manga even explains why it's different).

Another thing I wonder is how some people can judge a manga just after reading less then 1/3 of it, and when it's still ongoing.

Furthermore, I wonder how some people cannot see that One Piece is technically superior to FMA, objectively speaking (I'm talking about the drawings, layouts and other technical-related stuff here, not about art style and screenplay--and a lot could be said about those too), which is quite normal because Oda always drew manga and wanted to become a mangaka from age 4, while Arakawa started seriously only after she could stop working for her family's farm (at age 25, if I remember well).
It's also worthy considering that a real comparison is unfair since FMA is finished while OP and SS are still ongoing, if nothing else.

That said, I can't wait for the Silver Spoon anime; I like the manga and I appreciate Arakawa's change of setting and themes (the latter change is only partial, if you actually decide to read Silver Spoon and not just stop at the first few chapters) after Fullmetal Alchemist. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3