• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket (see 2nd post for thread info)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Ningensei wrote:

On a side note: fighterholic, I have to be more careful about the things I say on here, or else you might torture me some more with your avatars! Wink Heh. I don't mind though...maybe. I actually have a fear of water, but I don't think I can get scared from a picture, I have to be physically near or in a large/deep body of water. (I can't swim). Embarassed

Yeah, now he'll pick the shark from Jaws. Laughing But if he does, I just might see him at Anime Expo and I'll twist his ear for you! Wink

Speaking of Anime Expo, fighter, are we going to start on Vol. 2 this week or are we going to wait until after the exhilleration that is AX?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote
That's a very good question, I've been having to work an awful lot these days, which ends up getting me tired and stuff, not feeling like reading over the second volume so I can start it. I think I'll go ahead and postpone it until AX is over since it is this weekend and for us that are going we'll be so preoccupied with that event. If that's okay with you guys on that, that's what I'll do, I apologize for the delay.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
That's a very good question, I've been having to work an awful lot these days, which ends up getting me tired and stuff, not feeling like reading over the second volume so I can start it. I think I'll go ahead and postpone it until AX is over since it is this weekend and for us that are going we'll be so preoccupied with that event. If that's okay with you guys on that, that's what I'll do, I apologize for the delay.

Well, I don't have a problem with it.

Obviously! Wink
Ningensei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't have a problem either. I have a tendency to slack off on coming to the forums on the weekends. (As has been shown just this last weekend). I tend not to post as much because weekends are priority boyfriend time. We can only see each other on weekends so I usually don't spend as much time online as I do during the week. Plus, I haven't started reading volume two yet! Embarassed
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quote
A bit off topic, but I'll go ahead and post my experiences at AX to all of my Fruits Basketholics. I have to say that it was probably one of the worst kind of events I have ever gone to, Anaheim last year was way better, and things could have been coordinated differently to fit the needs of the attendees. Unfortunately I didn't see any Fruits Basket cosplayers there, which you could consider a disappointment to us. All I found was merchandise, but even that was scarce in itself. Hopefully things can improve for the series we so love, if there any however, I won't be there to see it next year, thanks to my experiences this year.
Ningensei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quote
That's too bad fighterholic. I have been reading some of your other posts about your experience at Anime Expo, and it sucks that it seemed to be such a disappointment. Not to mention that FB was not being represented well either, what a sad day. Crying or Very sad You would think there would be more of a prescence especially because FB is one of the top selling manga in the US. Do you think it had to do with the location? You noted you seemed to have a good time at previous ones.

I have always been a little hesitant about going to cons and still haven't been to one yet, although I was hoping to go to Sakura con earlier, but that didn't happen. It's the only one in my area, I think.

Oh, and to go a bit off topic again, my friend loved the volume one of FB I lent her and now she is borrowing volumes 2-6! She only wants to borrow them in chunks, which is understandable because it is difficult to lug around 16 volumes of manga! Razz
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it had to do with the location. I think that a lot of it had to do with the fact that Tokyo Pop didn't bother to have a booth at AX this year. They were not the only ones either - VIZ and one other major one (Forget which one at the moment) didn't have one there either. That's another thing that's making me wonder about AX.
Ningensei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Have those companies come out and explained the reasons why they didn't bother to have booths or panels there at Anime Expo? Maybe it's some behind the scenes clashing or headbutting of interests. Was it not "worth it" or something? I'm confused. Confused
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Ningensei wrote:
Have those companies come out and explained the reasons why they didn't bother to have booths or panels there at Anime Expo? Maybe it's some behind the scenes clashing or headbutting of interests. Was it not "worth it" or something? I'm confused. Confused

I don't know about Tokyo Pop but VIZ is going to have a booth at Comi-Con. But, still...they really should have a even a token booth set up at AX. Too, me it just really seemed like a huge snub of the fan base who would be/are quite willing to buy their product.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
Yeah, she's got an idea going when she's only borrowing several volumes versus ALL of them Laughing But you know, Ningensei, they could have done a better job at AX than what was being done. When you're having to wait outside in line in the hot boiling sun for hours on end, it's going to get to you at some point. I was able to go to the ANN panel and meet tempest, Zac, and SakechanBD! Very Happy
Ningensei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Man, that really sucks, in your opinion how do you think they can improve it for next year? That's so cool that you got to meet the ANN staff, I'm jealous! Is it weird reading all their posts and articles and then finally getting to meet them in person? Oh and my friend called me last night and she wants to borrow the rest of FB already! She was out of town last weekend and she forced herself to not read as fast because she knew she couldn't come get the rest until she got back. Razz

Edit: On a side note, fighterholic is getting close to 5000 posts, with Lydia almost at 3000. My newly reached status of 200+ pales in comparison. Crying or Very sad Hehe, just kidding, I'm really excited that I finally made it to over 200! Now I just have to catch up to everyone else. Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Ningensei wrote:

Edit: On a side note, fighterholic is getting close to 5000 posts, with Lydia almost at 3000. My newly reached status of 200+ pales in comparison. Crying or Very sad Hehe, just kidding, I'm really excited that I finally made it to over 200! Now I just have to catch up to everyone else. Wink

Don't worry, you'll get to where we are. It just takes a little work, a lot of posting and a LOT of time sitting in front of the computer!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, seeing as how Zac posts in the style that he does, going to the ANN panel, hear him speak, and then actually get to talk to him for a little bit shed some light for me on why he posts what he posts. It felt good getting to meet the three of the big people who run ANN, it made me feel like one of the community, even though I'm technically not staff at all. But that's okay, I talked to tempest about a position in the site, so we'll have to see what happens.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote
So... being "new" at this Wink I have to ask: will be dicussing soon the second volume of Fruits Basket? Laughing I just want to know if I get back here not be taken by surprise. Embarassed

So how come that there weren't any Fruits Basket representatives? Damn, then I don't mind missing that AX since you have such a bad opnion about it, fighter.

Well, hopefully I'm back people and it will take time this time to get rid of me. I'm just glad to see that Ningensei has reached 200 posts, while LydiaDianne is really a talker. I'm not surprise about you, fighterholic. Shame on you, people, shame on you! Laughing
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Rest assured aya_honda, this weekend either today or tomorrow I will be restarting the manga volume discussions back up, now that AX is over and I don't have anything going on until Sunday. So as soon as I get my money from my work, and read the second volume (I need a recap, seriously) I will start it all up. And yes I've noticed I'm almost to 5000.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 85 of 170