• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Licenses Lucky Star Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quote
This was only a matter of time before this was going to happen. I'm looking forward to it myself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mahoromaticfan15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote
Kvicksilver wrote:
I'm gonna guess that's only because of the success of the anime. Too bad it's the exact same thing as Azumanga Daioh, except not funny, instead it's just more endless references.

You're just not a big anime fan to understand how funny the show really is, and plus, if you don't know what they are talking about, if you have the dvd to the show the little book tells you what they are talking about.
melonbread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:41 am Reply with quote
Should have got this to be released with the anime instead of those ridiculous T-shirts...
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:43 am Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:
Should have got this to be released with the anime instead of those ridiculous T-shirts...

But we need something to make fun of with the stupid otakus wearing the shirt!!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote
Holy cats!! They have the anime AND the manga now! Sweetness! I wonder if this'll be in Borders? I wanna get it! Very Happy
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:

i buy limited edition versions of each volume just because its a limited edition not for the shirt. the shirt is just an add-on for me. When Haruhi Suzumiya had its dvd run i got the limited editions of each volume even if it did come with those pillows but for me i like having those cds
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quote
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Kvicksilver wrote:
I'm gonna guess that's only because of the success of the anime. Too bad it's the exact same thing as Azumanga Daioh, except not funny, instead it's just more endless references.

Have you actually read the Lucky Star manga? I haven't, but have seen complaints from people who were fans of the manga before the anime aired about all the references that Kyoani added to the anime version that weren't in the original manga. If you're basing your assessment on having watched the anime, you probably shouldn't. I like both the Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star anime but prefered the manga version of Azudai so am looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
skyler25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Strange, though; onemanga.com said that TokyoPop liscenced it...oh, well, I don't know how reliable they are, and as long as someone picked it up...Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy <-- My face right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
mahoromaticfan15 wrote:

You're just not a big anime fan to understand how funny the show really is, and plus, if you don't know what they are talking about, if you have the dvd to the show the little book tells you what they are talking about.

If Mark Hamil taught me one important fact in life, its if you have to explain a joke, then its just not funny.
cool3865

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote
cant wait to to start reading these

*grabs credit card, "im sorry im making you go through all of this"*
Hagaren_Otaku726

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Hagaren_Otaku726 wrote:
Ah, this is exciting news. I bought the first 5 volumes in Japanese, but I didn't realize until I got home that they don't have the handy hiragana characters next to the kanji DX

Yes, Comptiq isn't one of the magazines that supplies hiragana for the readers. Shonen magazines, shojo magazines, Gangan, but not Comptiq.

Yeah =D
I can kinda make out a few kanji characters, but hiragana and katakana is best. I'm not sure which magazine it ran in, but I'm pretty sure my copy of "sola" in Japanese also doesn't have those nice easy characters...

Although, maybe, part of the reason is that if you're reading Comptiq, you probably "should" be old enough to read the more complicated characters in theory... Anime hyper (I believe that "Hide and Seek" runs in Compatiq?? Oh my.)

I'm very excited for the manga to begin =3
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quote
Hagaren_Otaku726 wrote:
Yeah =D
I can kinda make out a few kanji characters, but hiragana and katakana is best. I'm not sure which magazine it ran in, but I'm pretty sure my copy of "sola" in Japanese also doesn't have those nice easy characters...

Although, maybe, part of the reason is that if you're reading Comptiq, you probably "should" be old enough to read the more complicated characters in theory... Anime hyper (I believe that "Hide and Seek" runs in Compatiq?? Oh my.)

I'm very excited for the manga to begin =3

There's a standard I guess for what age group the magazines are targeted at. For high schoolers and below you could say that those magazines will run furigana next to the kanji. For everything else, you're expected to know what the kanji are going to say. Like some magazines are targeted specifically at middle aged people, because they have a type of series and story that those kinds of people would love. And a good portion of them would know how to read kanji obviously.
Raptortim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for the book! I love the anime, now i'm happy for this release!
konastar365

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
thankyoubandaithankyoubandaithankyoubandaithankyoubandaithankyou bandai (a million tomes later...) THANK YOU BANDAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3