• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Kick of the Spider Woman

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giolon
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Nice writeup on Super Street Fighter IV, but you're a little off in your comparison to the original release.

In the original Street Fighter IV, all characters had a Super Combo and an Ultra Combo. All Super SF4 added was a second selectable Ultra to all the characters. (feel free to look up some videos for proof).

I hope you'll correct this blemish. It makes you look uninformed, and diminishes your otherwise excellent article. Very Happy

Edit: Nice fix. Wink
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
SSF4 will be the second and final iteration of the SF4 series. They aren't planning on making a SSF4 Turbo, and any updates and changes to SSF4 will be made via downloaded patches and DLC.

If you enjoy playing the game online, you'll definitely enjoy the new additions like endless mode lobbies, Pokemon style team matches, and the ability to save and re-watch replay data of your and other people's matches.

If your a competitive offline arcade/tournament player, you'll appreciate the subtle changes and additions they've made to the returning cast and the fact that most of the new characters feel very fleshed out. The game feels pretty balanced with a lot more tournament viable characters than the old SF4. Dan is still a joke character though.

There hasn't been anything really broken with the game yet, just some bad match-ups between the characters here and there. The next step after this is of course Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and hopefully a new Darkstalkers game.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote
"For example, it's hard to image anyone choosing Juri's power-up Ultra over her brutal ensnaring whirlwind kick."

That's not what I hear.

And what the, Juri isn't voiced by uh...crap, I'm too lazy to check, the person who voiced Haruko in FLCL? C'mon, it's practically the exact same voice! This is just like in Persona 4 when Rise wasn't voiced by Kath Soucie. What's the point of finally hiring new people to do voices when they sound exactly (exactly, exactly) like the old people? Next thing you're going to tell me Michelle Ruff isn't C.Viper.
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
This is just like in Persona 4 when Rise wasn't voiced by Kath Soucie. What's the point of finally hiring new people to do voices when they sound exactly (exactly, exactly) like the old people? Next thing you're going to tell me Michelle Ruff isn't C.Viper.

I can think of one reason: because Kath Soucie makes "that Kath Soucie money," to use a term coined by George "Space Ghost" Lowe several years ago. She is/was a pretty top-level Hollywood voiceover talent, so if there was someone out there who could sound exactly like her in a given role, that person would probably cost a lot less money and be easier to book.

Hey, I didn't say it was a GOOD reason! I just said that's why they do that stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Haha, when did he say that? George Lowe is awesome, I wish Space Ghost wasn't canceled.
Imperial_Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm confused by Tom's caption for the second SSFIV screenshot. Does he want women to act viciously and violent just because they're natural-born jerks? That doesn't seem like a rational desire to me unless...well, I'm not gonna judge people's fetishes on here.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quote
From what I've heard, My Lord 2's UMD isn't just $10 more for no reason- it also contains the first game, which didn't have a physical release.
sfried

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Xeno...
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:30 am Reply with quote
I picked up Super Street Fighter IV when it came out because I never got the first one, and I got it for only $32 with tax. I haven't had much time to play it, but it's a solid game to be sure.

REALLY looking forward to 3D Dot Game Heroes and I'm not entirely sure why!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2