• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Round 1: Groups A, B

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
And moe is exactly what is wrong with anime nowadays... *sighs* Gone are the days of the serious classics like GiTs SAC and what not... in once again are the bug eyed, screechy voiced moe themed shows. How disappointing. I still can't believe this drivel is so popular in Japan... :/ It's downright scary.

Yes, gone are the days of Senkou no Night Raid, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Shiki, House of Five Leaves... oh, wait.

From the other side of things, when GitS:SAC started airing in 2002, there was also shows like Arcade Gamer Fubuki, Mao-chan, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, and Chobits.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention the Major was also in Saimoe 5 years ago...
MlYAKO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Chizuru Yukimura - Hakuouki - 188

I'm impressed and Happy Chizuru made it to the list at least, being her series a Shojo/Otome series Anime hyper
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:15 am Reply with quote
Something about 2ch here that's not a raging volcano of vitriol? Is this a new age at ANN, or just a one off? Wink
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm a huge Bakemonogatari fan but I do find Shinobu's inexplicable popularity slightly disturbing...

She's small and cute and mute and doesn't wear underwear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
And moe is exactly what is wrong with anime nowadays... *sighs* Gone are the days of the serious classics like GiTs SAC and what not... in once again are the bug eyed, screechy voiced moe themed shows. How disappointing. I still can't believe this drivel is so popular in Japan... :/ It's downright scary.

Yes, gone are the days of Senkou no Night Raid, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Shiki, House of Five Leaves... oh, wait.

From the other side of things, when GitS:SAC started airing in 2002, there was also shows like Arcade Gamer Fubuki, Mao-chan, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, and Chobits.

I'm talking about in the terms of actual depth to plot and characters that look semi-realistic. None of those other shows really had as much depth and backstory (consult GiTs SAC Official Logs to see). The series that you highlighted may have a particular "depth" to them, but they still have generic anime character looks A thru Z and what not. Hm... perhaps I hold GITs in too high regards for taste in anime. It's probably why I was one of the few people that actually enjoyed watching Moonlight Mile too Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3