• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in America: The Best (And Worst) Of 2007

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
The thing about Haruhi is it suffered from some very weak writing. . .

If you think that was an example of weak writing, I can point to numerous series released in the U.S. last year that were immensely worse.

Quote:
Though had some series like Code Geass, Gurren Lagann and Higurashi Kai been released by now I think (I hope as I get the impression the two might not appreciate this type of show) this list would have looked a lot different.

It goes without saying that the results might have been different with fansubbed-only 2007 releases figured into the equation (though not necessarily because of the titles you stated), but that's also entirely beside the point. There was a thread in the Anime forum devoted to the best of 2007 in Japan if you want to discuss that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kj_4247

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:04 am Reply with quote
any chance of getting an article like this for 2008?
Alestal

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:48 am Reply with quote
I wish we had more anime titles like the ones that came out this year!

Thoughts?!
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:38 am Reply with quote
I should point out that, despite the title, these anime aired in 2006.

I was wondering for a moment why a list of best anime in 2007 didn't include even a mention of Seirei no Moribito. Then when I looked more closely at the series cited, like Black Lagoon and Haruhi, I realized the date was misleading.
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 1:38 pm Reply with quote
^
That's because we were doing these in the era before everything was streaming (in fact, I don't think anything was streaming legally yet in 2007?), so we were basing the best titles off of when the titles were legally available in the States. That often meant a year or two delay from their airing times and resulted in some occasional big omissions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8