• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Conquest Zvezda Plot (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
I'm loving it so far. Has it been brought up before that the premise to the show might have something to do with political satire around Shintaro Ishihara's reign as Tokyo's Governor, during which time he did a lot of controversial things, including the "anti-lolicon" legislation of a few years back.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
I probably wouldn't have thought of that possible connection had you not mentioned it, Ohoni, but I now wouldn't be surprised if the series is at least partially a subtle jab in that direction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I really have not enjoyed these last two eppies. Much preferred the whimsical tone of the earlier ones. Oh well.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I now wouldn't be surprised if the series is at least partially a subtle jab in that direction.

It was brief and would have been easy to miss, but a copy of that Youth Healthy Development Ordinance was actually shown in somebody's hands or on their desk a couple episodes or so back. Maybe I'll see if I can track it down tomorrow morning.

Edit: Went ahead and did it now. Episode 10, 3½ minutes in. Crunchyroll translated the newspaper headline as:
Quote:
Zvezda, Enemy of the Tokyo Youth Ordinance
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Good finale, really enjoyed this show. Hope they do a second season. spoiler[Would love to see the conquest of America plus the villains seem interesting.]
mad mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
My love of this show is unbearable after watching the final episode. Need. Second. Season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood-: Conquered.

As I said above, I wasn't crazy over the last two eppies, but I dug the finale. Very jazzed for the possibility of a second season. I've rated this one Excellent. Loved just about everything about it and will be adding it to my collection even at AoA's extortionate rates.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Blood-: Conquered.

Damn. About time.

Anyway, it turns out random is fun.

Those shock troops sure stand around holding their fire a lot don't they. Makes me wonder if they were ever serious.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Fun series overall. Kate for world conquest! That ending might imply a second season? I wouldn't mind Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DG_Nick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
mad mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
The Blue-ray will have an additional episode, apparently.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote
DG_Nick wrote:

Yes, there will be a 13th episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
ep.12

spoiler[kate & plamya on attack vs jimon's dad til area got smoke in to point both went down til jimon come in trying reason with his dad still not listening.

then almost going be blasted til kuro balls & natasha came in to rescue then jimon's dad have yasu send giant robot attack them while falcon still blame on goro yet he just wake-up & also telling her let it go wake-up kiss.

yasu having his ha ha til he had kate doll got taken by blonde girl aka roboko give had back-up body give the doll to jimon to punch his dad but blocked then renge help jimon as well.

goro & falcon arrive give plamya wake-up speech include flashback how kate changed her life got back-up & then give kate her doll back she ready-up.

but yet jimon dad summon all smoke powers to take over giant robot give kate on ride with motorbike (yea she got a license) then milk boost-up even point zvezda, tanks from japan give can't stand jimon's dad, & even renge get miki to realize for fight for people smiles to all unite vs jimon's dad.

kate going i will conquer jimon's dad & have him side with zvezda give he going yea right yet kate going full arm conquer smash & make sure shove a meat bun to got him conquer.

time pass zvezda got japan conquer, goro now dating his own sister in-law with cake from chef pierre, everything all good in zvezda land, yet even got yasu still with zvezda?!

give kate make a statue of her give whole "big" difference til statue got smash cause there another faction to battle from where new york so here we go again. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Was this actually the last episode, because I see that there are supposed to be 13 episodes, the last one likely being an attempt to conquer Asuta? Most extra episodes usually get called an OVA, so I think it is a bit weird for this to count as another episode. But if there is no episode next week I will treat this like the final for now.

This episode was practically more over the top than Kill la Kill, which was hilarious. The over the top captions being Kate suddenly spoiler[able to ride a motorbike], using spoiler[milk to recover], and being able to spoiler[spin on a bar like she conquered in an earlier episode]. And the mysterious girl, I had a strange feeling seeing her before, but spoiler[was totally shocked it was Roboko]. And right in the middle of the crazy they can give Itsuka a touching story that spoiler[after her mum died Kate put the eye-patch on her]. The eye-patch kind of spoiler[acted as a mental key to keep her from turning into a "cry baby", her turning into one suddenly] was quite humorous.

And the statue from the beginning, spoiler[it appears that Kate just likes to use artistic license to make herself more adult].

For the whole show, Zvezda has been quite entertaining, and very much an oddball. It has done its own thing with the heroes being an "evil organization", and many situations have been playing ideas. Being silly, being serious, being serious while being silly, and turning Kate into a conqueror with high spirit. It might have lacked in depth at places, but was overall very fun. Before the extra episode I rate it Good, with the added touch that it was fun beyond that.

*Does sign* May the light of Zvezda shine throughout the world!
DG_Nick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:04 am Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-29/unaired-world-conquest-zvezda-plot-episode-offered-on-blu-ray/dvd

Yep, last episode.

You read my question a little too literally Stark700 but thanks for playing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11