• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
As much as I need to stop buying stuff, I could not resist picking up these from TRSI:

Patlabor Movies Limited Edition Value Bundle
War in Space DVD Live Action

It seems like TRSI is selling off BVUSA stuff. I've decided to take a pass on double-dipping for the Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise Blu-Ray because, although it is a classic film it is not the sort of film I want to watch repeatedly; also the release has little in the way of extra value. The Patlabor movies, on the other hand, come with lots of extras and they are likely to be watched more often by me, and the price makes it worth double-dipping. I know people complain about the new dub but I usually watch subs so that's not a big concern.

I was going to place this earlier in the week but I saved about $4 on War in Space since it popped up today on the weekly specials, and I'm always ready to add to my collection of vintage Japanese sci-fi.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Just placed an order for volumes 8 and 9 of the Hanasaku Iroha JP BDs over at HMV Japan. Only 6 more to go(I haven't bought volumes 1 through 6 yet...)!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jlaking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Today in mail, my copy of 'Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion' arrived and in yesterday's, my Buso Renkin box-sets arrived.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Freak-out Friday pickups:

A Channel Complete Collection
20th Century Boys Vol 19
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol 11
Soul Eater Vol 8
Sumomomo Momomo Vol 11
Omamori Himari Vol 6
Tenjho Tenge Omnibus 5
Blue Drop Complete Collection

House of 5 Leaves and Marduk Scramble Blu Ray are floating around, but they'll be next week....I spent more than I should have AGAIN, but those 3 Nendo Love Plus figs were CALLING TO ME.
Botan24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Slowly increasing my collection. I bought a new shelf last week, but it looks like I already need another one...sigh.

Anime:
Chrome Shelled Regios complete collection

And some manga:
The Gentleman's Alliance Cross volume 7
Tesoro
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Slowly increasing my collection. I bought a new shelf last week, but it looks like I already need another one...sigh.

Tell your husband to get off his bum and build you shelves. That's what I had to do, and I now have space for at least another 6 years worth of anime and figure purchasing. At least I hope it'll last 6 years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Botan24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Quote:

Tell your husband to get off his bum and build you shelves. That's what I had to do, and I now have space for at least another 6 years worth of anime and figure purchasing. At least I hope it'll last 6 years.

Yeah, thanks for the tip, but...we still live in an apartment, so we don't really have space (certainly not enough for six+ years of anime purchasing). I'm hoping to be in a house before my collection is too much!
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Botan24 wrote:

I have that problem myself, can't build/buy any new shelves because there is no room, can't stop buying manga. I got a short box from the comic book store, it holds about 40 some manga and can be stacked pretty much anywhere. Best solution I could come up with for now.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The boxes that paper comes in are also quite helpful for storing manga, especially the larger sized stuff from Viz or Dark Horse.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm hoping to be in a house before my collection is too much!

MOTIVATION!

In other news: Freaknasty Fridays!

Taking advantage of Second Spin's 20% off + Free Shipping offer and grabbed:

Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny volumes 1-3

Also, in an attempt to round out my fandom, I grabbed some eroge from TRSI. I think naming what I bought specficially would be TMI, but I made sure they weren't just screw everybody games and were actually worth my time by using the Visual Novel Database. I managed to dodge some potential using that site.

Boy, good thing I don't have a strict budget. Yikes.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Got from TSRI in the mail today:

Mardock Scramble BD Director's cut
Dorohedoro GN1
Bokurano: Ours GN1
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
Alright, I HAD planned on putting a moratorium this month on my DVD buying, but I made the mistake of looking at the TSRI specials and saw Vampire Knight Complete Series and Jiburiru were at prices I just couldn't pass up, so I didn't.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
This week:

From RightStuf I received God of Dogs. Let me tell you, when I finally get around to selling off my BL titles that I don't really want to own, this will be number one. Not because it contains something unforgivably offensive but rather because it is: A.) Obviously a volume plucked out of the middle of some longer story (it reads as if you already know some of the characters and hell, the omake references the previous work; not to mention, new characters are introduced up until the very end of the book and absolutely nothing wraps up; yet there is no God of Dogs 2 so WTF!?); and, B.) There is no BL in this book. I don't mean it's "not explicit enough," I mean it's not there. Why this was released under a BL imprint is beyond me, unless the continuing volumes (which did not get printed, apparently) go there. So yeah, that was a complete waste of $7.

Happier things:

From Big in Japan I received the Steel Ball Run (JoJo's Part 7) Tusk DX figures, both the regular & clear versions:

...And the Part 6 Stone Free DX figures (again, both regular & clear):
(More blah-blah-ing about the figures here.)

More figures in the next couple weeks too. I have no more room for any of this stuff, books or figures, but I just keep buying... Anime dazed

Also, I downloaded Teen Top's "No More Perfume" mp3 from Amazon because I've probably watched the Dance Version MV a dozen times this past week alone. When it was first released I avoided it because the lyrics are simultaneously disappointing and hilarious coming from singers who are like 16-17 (boy asks his noona not to wear perfume because then his highschool girlfriend can smell her on him-- imo his noona should be more worried about going to jail, apparently) but the song itself is insanely catchy, the "aw, shucks" dance is super-cute, and I don't know Korean (not to mention, ♥Niel in eyeliner♥). I was powerless before it, really, and so I caved.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Decided to try buying the Broken Blade movie set again from off Amazon.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Recent anime expenditures:
Moribito BD Part 1
Sengoku Basara Season 2 DVD/BD LE
Sengoku Basara Season 1 DVD/BD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 849 of 1401