• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story-

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Florete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Aoi never got her kiss Crying or Very sad Scammed.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Florete wrote:
Aoi never got her kiss Crying or Very sad Scammed.

If there's a better excuse for a season 2, I can't find it...
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this was definitely a bit of a weaker half since the golf was more normal and I found the golf disease a bit much, but it was still fun overall. Great seeing Aoi and Eve walk out together Smile
Philmister978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Helix91 wrote:
The issue with this final arc is that the golf has gotten more mundane, I would have loved to see a crazier escalation somehow. Compared to hitting drives between moving train cars, exploding prosthetic arms, and shifting underground golf courses, hitting 300 yard drives at the British Open is too normal.

It was still very fun, I still love the show overall, just a mild criticism of the finale.

I honestly was hoping Cathrine would have more of a presence this half as she did the first. Kind of bummed it was limited to one episode. Was fully hoping she'd do something petty like try and hold Eve's adoptive family hostage or have Aoi be blackmailed into working for her. Not this mostly standard golf drama with the mafia side of things only taking a back seat.

Also kind of bugged by how, despite her tendency to kill people if they fail her, she doesn't order a hit on Remelda, who has not only ruined Eve's pro career, but has likely also forced investigations into her and other mafia bosses using golf as a "venture". Hell, we don't even see her reaction to the news in the last episode. Would have been a great sendoff just to see her filp out over the possibility of her being arrested with no way to buy out the law.
Picky33

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:46 am Reply with quote
I was very invested in this anime personally. It was one of my favorite ever since it came out of left field in the first cour last year. I finished the final episode today and here I am at almost 2 in the morning thinking about it despite having to get up in a couple hours for work.

First and foremost I know this has been mentioned a couple times before, but I wish Aoi had gotten here kiss or even something close to it, more Yuri bait please (bait ≠ bate). I think the new combined Eve, Aoi ball design was a good touch. The other thing I wish the anime had done was insert more Gundam references in the second cour, when you have the VA for Armuro and Char you can def play on that kinda like they did in the first cour.

There were so many different possible ending’s happening in the last couple mins of the last episodes, I was watching the episode timer counting down trying to figure out how it was going to end. I would have been satisfied with a Aoi caddie for Eve and winning the tournament. I thought that they were going to have a tie break but then the anime revealed that Juha has the trophy but Eve had a one stroke lead. Total BS IMO, but in a good way because it meant i cared about the anime.

My next question is this anime ever going to get a home video release, I would be willing to bet it’s not, unfortunately. This anime hasn’t been picked up by Sentai, who are the only company that releases everything they license, Sony has almost stopped home video releases post CR merge. And as far as I could tell this anime was a lot more popular overseas then in Japan. I love this anime and would happily pay for US prices for a US box set but I don’t know if I love this enough to spend almost $500 for a Japanese only box set from Japan for both half’s. Which is a shame, here’s hoping some country releases this on Blu Ray with English subtitles.

I still get a lot of emotions thinking about this anime and I could probably write a 10 page paper on this anime and how I felt through out, but I need to get back to sleep and I don’t want to take up an entire page of this thread. A epilogue movie would be great but I think the story of birdie wing done.

Side note - not a fan of Eve’s new haircut post time skip
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10