• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: Anime's 6 Easiest Good Guys to Make Angry

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
There is a thread over in the Anime Forum titled Cliches in Anime that need to Die.

Ed Elric should be at the top of the list representing, short characters with even shorter fuses when confronted about their height.

The first time it is mildly amusing the 30th time.... kill me.
The comedy just keeps writing itself! See he is short! And he really does not like to have that pointed out! HA! HA! HA!

Die.
I downgrade the series because of this.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Lina is perfect for #1! Awesome.

I also thought of Ran Kotobuki from Super Gals! She is practically angry half the manga.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I'd think the cripplingly short lifespan would be a rather huge negative for the Gunslinger Girl listing too. Hell, even the second generation cyborgs could hope for five to seven years, tops.
sainta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
"Which Slayers Spell Would You Learn?"
Well my favorite one is Dragon Slave considering how everybody even starts wearing shades while it is performed. Isn't there a healing spell?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
sainta -- I think the "putting on shades" part was a tribute to the Wave Motion Gun from Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato).

As for the poll, I thought about picking the Giga Slave, but... it has a certain drawback. Namely: spoiler[using it could destroy the entire Universe, or maybe just you, or maybe neither.] NOT a spell you want to use very often, if ever.

Dragon Slave, OTOH, you can use whenever you want without worrying about spoiler[destroying your Universe.] So I picked that one, because it's cool.

Last edited by Tuor_of_Gondolin on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
tab2gku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Just to nerd out for a second, I would like to say that I disagree with that description of sanji. When he becomes angry to the point of having flames around his body it is because somebody was disrespecting the ladies. For sanji it is always ladies, then food, then everyone else.

Also, for the spells, I would choose fireball so I could do a ryu impersonation.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
It was tough picking from Lina's spells. However, if I could pick a spell from any character from the Slayers universe, it would be Naga's Summon Jellyfish.
Panda-s1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote
Summoning Innocentius (f-yeah Index). No one else wants to summon a nigh unstoppable fire demon?
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Hey Gia, who are the top six people we have to bug to get your column in the column's list?
You're being neglected, girl.
I second this.

Dessa wrote:
*sees image on link*

Oh, yup, Ed's definitely #1

*sees Ed at #2*

What the heck? Who possibly could beat--

*scrolls down a bit further*

Oh, Lina. Yup, Lina trumps Ed.

Of course, now I want to see a pissing match between Ed calling Lina flat-chested and Lina calling Ed short. Although she's probably about the same height as he is (he's not really that short...)
I had the same reactions. "Wha, no one could beat Ed- yup, Lina."
Definitely! Anime hyper Two of my favorite main characters pushing each other's buttons, I'd love to see that Anime hyper

Great list! I'm surprised I don't see Naruto on it, but if he was he'd probably be #7.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Had to go with Giga Slave. I mean, if I'm gonna have the ability to cast magic, I say go big or go home

Damn straight. Hell, go bigger I always say. :3
MopZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
Had to go with Giga Slave. I mean, if I'm gonna have the ability to cast magic, I say go big or go home

Damn straight. Hell, go bigger I always say. :3

Well, you can't get any bigger than summoning the creator of the universe, gods, monsters, and everything else.
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Lina at the top of the list. As for the spells, I voted Dragon Slave since I love that spell in the series.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
As much as I enjoyed and approved of the poll this time around, I was simply shocked that resident vending machine thrower Shizuo Heiwajima didn't make the cut. One particular TV Tropes entry immediately came to mind, in which he was described thus: "Durarara!!'s Shizuo Heiwajima is such a textbook case of intermittent explosive disorder (albeit a very exaggerated example) that one has to wonder if Narita had the DSM-IV in hand while he was thinking up his character."

As for the next poll, I'm afraid I'm still unfamiliar with the Slayers series, so I can offer no appropriate answer.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2