• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Retailer: Media Blasters Lists Fall Releases, Date Changes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j Talbain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
yuetheguardian wrote:
My problem with Media Blasters right now is while i still wait for my copy to arrive on right stuff i see copys of Fushigi yugi season 1 at my local best buy, kinda irritating.

It's weird in Canada WalMart has MB stuff. I saw Fushigi Yugi at my local WalMart the other day :/

BestBuy barley carries anything that's not Funi or Viz
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
Come on you can do it keep releasing anime
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Latest from RightStuf on FY#1:
Quote:
Our shipment of Fushigi Yugi, Season 1 just landed and will start shipping out to customers tomorrow. Thanks so much for your patience. Smile

So that's good news. Still, it's weird their shipment was so delayed compared to Best Buy's... Very unusual for them.
JGlibra03

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I really hope that Media Blasters will be able to release both of the Fushigi Yugi OVA's which would be really cool. Wink
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
im very glad they are still alive and kicking but,where does it stop? there have been titles put on hold/straight up canceled,and for some.....well we dont know.

trust me i really do feel for the people that work there,but don't let the licenses suffer either. most notably bakuman,just drop the damn license and give it to someone else if you cant handle it,rather than dragging it with you to the grave.

its just straight up unfair to those who want to own this legally. i want you to take my money but your not making it any easier for yourself or others (bakuman aside).
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
ARC-1300 wrote:
im very glad they are still alive and kicking but,where does it stop? there have been titles put on hold/straight up canceled,and for some.....well we don't know.

trust me i really do feel for the people that work there,but don't let the licenses suffer either. most notably bakuman,just drop the damn license and give it to someone else if you can't handle it,rather than dragging it with you to the grave.

its just straight up unfair to those who want to own this legally. i want you to take my money but your not making it any easier for yourself or others (bakuman aside).

And Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei...They need to drop this one...Been years since they licensed it and they haven't done a damn thing about it. Sad
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
yuetheguardian wrote:
My problem with Media Blasters right now is while i still wait for my copy to arrive on right stuff i see copys of Fushigi yugi season 1 at my local best buy, kinda irritating.

So I'm not the only one having this problem? I preordered my copy months ago, and Right Stuf still hasn't gotten it in. Yet Best Buy does? That's strange. Like someone said, preorders from Right Stuf make it out before the brick-and-mortar stores get it.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
No mention of Kite Blu-ray in the list, so hopefully that's still on track for a release date of Sept. 11th (after being pushed back a couple of times). Lately, though, I've been beginning to wonder which version it will be...long uncensored uncut, or the "lite" version. I'm hoping the former because that was my main reason for picking it up. I've already got the Kite Duology pack.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Youkai Warrior wrote:
yuetheguardian wrote:

So I'm not the only one having this problem? I preordered my copy months ago, and Right Stuf still hasn't gotten it in. Yet Best Buy does? That's strange. Like someone said, preorders from Right Stuf make it out before the brick-and-mortar stores get it.

Either it was a problem at Media Blasters, or the B&M stores strike back with secret deals.
evilkorpse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
My biggest concern with media blasters is the fact that some of their kitty media titles have been delayed or cancels most notably Step Milf. I don't even know if media blasters cares anymore for their kitty media lables.. Over on hongfire.com everybody is saying here in the U.S all the R1 lables for h-anime are dead and for some reason I'm starting to belive it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
evilkorpse wrote:
My biggest concern with media blasters is the fact that some of their kitty media titles have been delayed or cancels most notably Step Milf. I don't even know if media blasters cares anymore for their kitty media lables.. Over on hongfire.com everybody is saying here in the U.S all the R1 lables for h-anime are dead and for some reason I'm starting to belive it.

I've been saying it here too. If reverse importation fears exist anywhere, it's most prominent in hentai. If you buy the R1, you get not only a cheaper release, but it might also be dubbed, and it's of course uncensored, which is the single most important feature. There are Japanese websites that track uncensored releases, so it's not impossible to imagine otaku are purchasing them.

You have some German licensing companies, but they're incompetent at video quality encoding so the releases look like 3rd generation VHS garbage. Even so, uncensoring outweighs the negatives.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I believe MB's Kitty Media is about the only US licensor still releasing new hentai titles, as Right Stuf's Critical Mass label seems only to be doing license rescues of old titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2