• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Warner Sues Alleged Counterfeit Resellers on Amazon Marketplace

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
baadaku12345 wrote:
But at one point, they did sell that Sailor Moon bootleg (as in, not on the marketplace and sold directly from Amazon) which was really un-proffesional of them.
They're shipping a Digimon bootleg. Not quite as bad as actually selling it themselves, but you'd think they'd do some legal control on things they put in their warehouses.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
baadaku12345 wrote:
But at one point, they did sell that Sailor Moon bootleg (as in, not on the marketplace and sold directly from Amazon) which was really un-proffesional of them.
They're shipping a Digimon bootleg. Not quite as bad as actually selling it themselves, but you'd think they'd do some legal control on things they put in their warehouses.

atleast it actually looks official unlike some of the stuff they ship
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
dewlwieldthedarpachief wrote:
baadaku12345 wrote:
There are many people on Amazon who are selling their old, legitimate products, but unfortunately, there are others who sell bootlegs (knowingly or not). However, this is marketplace, which means the company, Amazon themselves aren't selling the bootlegs.

And they can't not know that this goes on. I think they have partial responsibility, as the third party moderating transactions.

I wonder if a DMCA takedown applies to Amazon's listings? I've heard in the past that eBay's VeRO program had a few......litigious members, including the Estate of Selena and some lesser known Folk Rock singer's mother. They would actually get many auctions shut down on eBay even if they have little to no remote connection to the copyright (i.e. the white rose Selena is associated with).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2