• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saban Debuts Vortexx TV with Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ Kai, Rangers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuranos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The lineup is great (think I'll tune in for S3 of DBZKai for nostalgia's stake), but.... WWE? That's kinda random. I kinda expected another cartoon, not a wrestling show. I don't think they'll get good ratings like that.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Wow, a slightly better lineup than I was expecting. I'm surprised that they got Justice League and Nick's Iron Man series (I wonder how that came about?)

I think they acquired Justice League Unlimited through 4Kids' previous arrangements with the CW (which has ties to Cartoon Network).

Iron Man: Armored Adventures, that might be because it has ties to Cartoon Network too (through sister network, Teletoon).
lostrune

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Sheesh, looks like they just got Nick, CN, and Disney's leftovers to put on here.
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
spoiler[Please bring back Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.]

Rescue Heroes on vortexx also on qubo.

TaiChiChasers wrote:
if anyone tuned in to the CW4Kids this morning would know that in two weeks (When Saban takes over), they'll be airing Season 3 of Dragon Ball Z Kai (Showed shots of Mecha Frieza and Future Trunks) and next week, we will be getting a new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, along with a marathon of random Yu-Gi-Oh!/Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal episodes.

pass except Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal speaking no word by season 3 of TaiChiChasers [censored]!
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Mawdryn wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:
Wow, a slightly better lineup than I was expecting. I'm surprised that they got Justice League and Nick's Iron Man series (I wonder how that came about?)

I think they acquired Justice League Unlimited through 4Kids' previous arrangements with the CW (which has ties to Cartoon Network).

Iron Man: Armored Adventures, that might be because it has ties to Cartoon Network too (through sister network, Teletoon).

Assuming you're talking about the Canadian Teletoon, they're not sister networks. They share a lot of programming, and have produced shows together but they're not under the same ownership.

Saban Brands likely just got the Warner vault of shows they weren't airing and picked up Justice League. Just as The Hub picked up Batman: TAS years ago. Saban Brands also likely just rang up Disney's door (which obviously has a history with Saban Brands via the Power Rangers purchase) and got a show that Disney/Marvel wasn't going to do anything with.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote
I was surprised Old Toonami got away with Cell's absorbing people, I'm genuinely interested in how Saban deals with it.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Mawdryn wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

Assuming you're talking about the Canadian Teletoon, they're not sister networks. They share a lot of programming, and have produced shows together but they're not under the same ownership.

They're called sister networks in the same way that certain cities that have an international business relationship are called sister cities. Shows from Cartoon Network air on Teletoon and vice-versa, with accompanying business deals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2