• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga's Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:25 am Reply with quote
win
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quote
Toradora's will finish at the same point as the final light novel (10) which got realized like 2 weeks ago, no point asking for a sequel since it will be finished.

Anyway it's great to see Mikito's spin off novels animated, not only do I prefer the science sides heroine to the magical side (Index) I prefer the science side cast.

Also it seems Touma should be pretty good in this because to quote a poster on As "1. He doesn't get any time to preach to people". As for people wanting more Accelerator.. well check out the novel covers and you'll be happy.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quote
So what difference would this be? Index is only in each episode for like 5 minutes so what changes would this include?
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quote
Would rather they announced more To Aru Majutsu no Index. None of the women in the show strike me as strong leads, but this could be good I suppose. Anyone here already read this manga?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 am Reply with quote
I read the manga. It's awesome.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:31 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
While I'd much prefer a spin-off featuring Kaori Kanzaki (or Accelerator), I'll probably still watch the Railgun spin-off. Index has its share of flaws, but it has been entertaining enough throughout the 20+ episodes I've watched.

Personally I'd have preferred seeing more of Himegami than either of them, but to be honest I like all of the cast enough that more of any of them would be good.

Anyway, the Railgun spin-off should be pretty entertaining. I look forward to it.
K.o.R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote
While I'm finding the series entertaining it seems a little... I dunno, disjointed?

But more Biribiri is good. Now let's just hope JC STaff aren't biting off more than they can chew seeing as they are doing Hayate now as well.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
Personally I'd have preferred seeing more of Himegami than either of them, but to be honest I like all of the cast enough that more of any of them would be good.

Himegami's probably the most useless member of the cast, though. Seriously, the only thing she has going for her so far is her seiyuu (who seems to do it for a lot of people, myself not included).
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quote
That is, admittedly, at least half of what I like about her.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:07 am Reply with quote
I approve of more Biribiri (and possibly more of Kuroko's clingy lesbian antics)! Cool
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:52 am Reply with quote
This is great news! Misaka is easily my favorite character of the series so I'm looking for more of her and her sisters, and of course the unexpectedly complex Accelerator!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
I only checked out episode 1 of To Aru Majutsu no Index, but was completely turned off to it by the character of Index. Now that I hear she isn't really even the focus of the show, I may need to give it another chance.

And more Toradora! would be a bad idea. Let it just be what it is.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote
zerome wrote:
Since they are making this side story into an anime, does that mean there may be a second season 2 the current story, some time after the side story is completed?
I'd say that's up to DVD sales to determine, but considering that these 24 episodes of Index only covered 6 out of the 19 light novels, you can probably expect 2 more seasons of Index after Railgun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
But really, I'm getting tired of JCStaff. "It's all the same shit" is definitely turning into a reality at this point.

Easy fix. Don't watch their shows anymore.

As for me, J.C. Staff is always fluctuating between #1 and #2 as my favorite animation company. (the other company being KyoAni)
Zirdante

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote
Indeed, biribiri should have been the main character all along.. This is great news!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3