• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Blood: The Last Vampire's Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Face facts,the naysayers hate it with a capital H.

Good, as well they should. If they were lining up already to buy tickets, it would just hurt my brain. Unless we are talking doomsayers (such as with DBE,) but otherwise it makes little sense.

Glad that these trailers look fairly decent, and more so that now there is at least word folks are starting to bring it over and for a theatre release (at least limited.)
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
The trailer does look decent if not good. It seems like its more of a adaptation of the original movie where it was part english and japanese. seems pretty cool though i never really was a fan of the film myself. The series i loved but the movie i did not think it was all that good. I may check this out if it ever comes here in the states.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
camhostage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow, does Japan not have any money to make movies? The cinematography is attractive but those CG scenes need some help.

Other than the troubled CG, it looks faithful to the series, a bit of a redo of the movie in the opening and closing sequences but pretty different in the main setting. Having it filmed partly/mostly in English rather than dubbed is an interesting choice (same as the original anime), though I don't know if it'll work since the actress seems to be struggling with the words. It's all about the action, though, and if they give us more cool sword-vs-umbrella combat and less CG stuntwork, it could be fun.
CoolyChaN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quote
The trailer looks good but lets pray the movie isn't cheesy and lame.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:10 am Reply with quote
If it weren't for the anime connection, the premise may sound like a generic zombie slayer flick to outsiders. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

Though I wonder how sub purists would watch this... English with English subs? Laughing
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quote
An English version is getting released in the UK, so there's some chance at it getting NA release. The English trailer in on YouTube.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see this as a Midnight Madness screening at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. It would be the perfect crazy crowd to see it with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2